PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Games You're Looking Forward To.

Orion
04-17-2010, 06:53 PM
So, after a relatively dismal 2009, what games due out this year are you fine people looking forward to?

Personally, I have quite a few:

Last Story: Granted, there hasn't been any gameplay footage of this game, but Mr. Final Fantasy's new RPG for Wii looks like it has some fantastic character designs and a nice art direction. It will be dependent on how entertaining the game actually is, though.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Could be a fantastic reboot of Castlevania, if you aren't going into it expecting to play exactly like the Castlevania you remember. It looks to be a brand new GOW-style with subtle nods to the series. And, Patrick Stewart and Jason Issacs on the voice acting cast. Can't resist trying that.

Final Fantasy XIV: Loved FFXI. This looks like that, except gorgeous.

3D Dot Game Heros: A Zelda rip-off on the PS3. Count me in.

Metroid: Other M: Aside from the pig latin title, this game could either be amazing, or really odd, depending on it's flow.

Super Mario Galaxy 2: Finally, a proper game sequel that isn't all about re-inventing the wheel. Just more Galaxy goodness. And Yoshi.

I refuse to get myself excited about Fable 3 and Zelda without having seen any of them.

rock_nog
04-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Metroid: Other M and Super Mario Galaxy 2 are the only games I'm really looking forward to. I have yet to play a Metroid game I didn't like, and Super Mario Galaxy was one of the only games I ever played where, reaching the end, my reaction was basically, "This was the most awesome thing ever, I just wish there were more levels."

On a side note, I'm also looking forward to the reveal of Portal 2, even though it's not likely that it'll be released this year.

*b*
04-17-2010, 07:30 PM
So far, Other M is the only Nintendo game I'm looking forward to. Last Guardian on PS3, if it's released this year. Also, HL2 Episode 3, and if they follow the trend of the last two years, Left 4 Dead 3. Other than that, I really haven't kept up on upcoming games. The whole industry seems to be pretty boring anymore..

Pineconn
04-17-2010, 09:09 PM
Mario.
Metroid.
Zelda.

That is all.

Orion
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Ooh! I forgot to mention Sonic 4 :D

Pineconn
04-18-2010, 08:27 AM
Mario.
Metroid.
Sonic.
Zelda.

Revised. :D

Nicholas Steel
04-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Monster Hunter Tri, just to see what all the fuss is about.

Super Mario Galaxy 2, more of the same with hopefully more complex puzzles to solve.

Metroid: Other M, depends on how well it plays.

Zelda.

Anthus
04-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Super Mario Galaxy 2. The only one I am sure they cannot mess up. The first one was the only truly awesome new entry to any Nintendo Franchise in a while.
Legend of Zelda: I Hope it Doesn't Blow. All I can say.
Metroid Other M. Eh.. only slightly. Looks like major room for fucking it up.
That new Sonic, but I dunno... Even new Sonic games that show such promise in the beginning end up being total heaps nowadays... Like that one sonic where you turn into a werehog.

Frankly, games just suck now. Everything is just boring an played out. Not to sound whiny, and say anyone else can't enjoy them, but FPSs and western RPGs are just blah to me, and unfortunately, that is 90% of whats out there. I just don't get into games like I used to. I even completely passed up Spirit Tracks. I have never skipped a Zelda as long as I had the choice.

I will say a new Castlevania sounds interesting, even though, like Megaman, I like the games more than I like playing them as I usually lose my patients.

DarkFlameWolf
04-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Monster Hunter Tri is nothing special. I tried a demo of it with two fully packaged quests in it. It was awkward, slow, and bulky. The combat wasn't overly impressive and it just didn't capture my interest. I'm skipping that one.
That and with the new DRM protections, internet activations and limited installation and computer locking aspects of PC games nowadays, PC gaming is dead to me.

Darth Marsden
04-19-2010, 05:52 PM
New Metroid and Sonic. That's about it. I was looking forward to the PC version of Assassin's Creed 2 and the new Sam & Max games, but they're out now so I can't look forward to them, can I?

Oh! Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Stupid DRM aside, it looks like an amazing game. I love the PoP series, I really do. And the new Doctor Who games, but that's mostly cause I'm a British Geek and therefore love anything Who related.

As others have said, gaming these days sucks. There's only a few titles I even vaguely have an interest in, and those don't exactly seem special. It's all gone Hollywood-style, and I don't want interactive movies. I want to play a sodding game. One day developers will realize this. I hope.

Nicholas Steel
04-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Monster Hunter Tri is nothing special. I tried a demo of it with two fully packaged quests in it. It was awkward, slow, and bulky. The combat wasn't overly impressive and it just didn't capture my interest. I'm skipping that one.
That and with the new DRM protections, internet activations and limited installation and computer locking aspects of PC games nowadays, PC gaming is dead to me.
Monster Hunter 3 is Wii exclusive so no PC woes here, also will have someone else to play it with. I'll let my friend play it by himself for a week before I buy it maybe, or just buy it anyways since EBGames has 7 day guarantee. I've pretty much skipped out on every single major PC title in the past 6~ years now and don't own a xbox360 or ps3 so I'm sure theres plenty of games left for me to play before DRM truely becomes the last nail in PC's coffin.

I'm waiting on Geforce 400 or the 200 series to get notably cheaper and in better stock which will hopefully happen around June.

AtmaWeapon
04-21-2010, 08:09 PM
As usual, my backlog (http://www.backloggery.com/sittenspynne) is a good barometer. I haven't been keeping it up lately and I'm not sure if the wishlist is exactly up to date.

I'm looking forward to the new Metroid; the trailer makes it look pretty solid and so far Nintendo hasn't screwed up a Metroid (probably because they let third parties develop Metroid games.)

SMBG 2 is a big meh for me. I still haven't played the first one. Maybe if Nintendo lets the price drop.

Zelda 2010 is another meh. I was excited about it until I found out Wii Motion Plus is required. Twilight Princess gave me sore arms and wrists from extended play sessions; the prospect of having to stand up and do 1:1 swordfighting isn't making me feel like it'll be a winner. They'll have to sell it to me.

Pitfall and Super Breakout are due in XBLA game room next week. YES.

Is Alan Wake coming out this year? If so I'm looking forward to it mainly so everyone will SHUT UP ABOUT ALAN WAKE ALREADY. I've been hearing weekly updates about this game for nearly 8 months and I still don't know what it is. Maybe it'll be a great game; I don't know.

Isn't Fallout: New Vegas due 2010 as well? If so, I know what I'll be playing well in to 2011...

Daarkseid
04-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Isn't Fallout: New Vegas due 2010 as well? If so, I know what I'll be playing well in to 2011...

Its slated for Fall release. Originally, it was tentatively due out by June, but the first media footage of the game released this year(around Feb.) revealed a revised Fall date of release.

Its definitely the one game I'm looking forward to this year.