PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem when zelda classic starts up, can someone help?

Turtlelf
04-13-2010, 01:59 AM
I can get Zelda Classic 2.10 for windows to start up.... although sometimes it just won't won't load.... It basically won't load at all in fullscreen.... but anyway... the problem is that once the application loads the animation on the window sticks unless i right click the draggable top area of the window.... but if i click on the window and try to play it, the animation sticks and the music drags.... so bascially i need to know what is causing this and how I can get Z Classic to play correctly, any help with this would be greatly appreciated... oh and I am running windows vista, and i followed the instructions about clicking run as administar and disable desktop composition for windows vista but it didn't make the game work right... so yeah.... any help would make me happy, thanks.

Nicholas Steel
04-13-2010, 03:29 AM
Don't tell it to disable the desktop composition, at least under Windows 7 you'll get weird interface bugs and stuff if you do.

Turtlelf
04-13-2010, 03:39 AM
Okay well I did that but the game window still stays frozen unless I have the mouse held down on the window and I can't exactly play the game like this..... :(

Turtlelf
04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
This is such a weird and frustrating problem cause it's like.... the program loads and works but it's like.... I can't select the window that it loads in... in order to actually play it.... seriously wth is causing this? Oh and I can't get fullscreen mode to load it just messes up on me when I try that.... sigh....

Gleeok
04-13-2010, 04:18 AM
This may sound odd but do you have a graphics driver installed? I don't know much about vista but people say that it works fine in 2.10 by using zc launcher to start zc. This comes part of the 2.10.2 zip, which is 2.10 with known bugs fixed, so you may want to try that. Also, as a last resort you can try the latest 2.5 beta from www.shardstorm.com, which is what most of the windows 7 users use.

Turtlelf
04-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Well i downloaded that new zipped file with the zc launcher and it won't even load for me, and the action on the screen still sticks unless i have the window held down by the mouse and I am dragging around the window the game is on.... oh and I have a GE Force NVidia graphics card... like 9800 or something... so i don't see why the game won't work correctly.... and just to reclarify.... the program runs.... it just sticks unless u have the window selected with the mouse be either holding the left button or right clicking it, so what can I do about this?

Turtlelf
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Well after continuing attempts to find a way to make the program run I found a way to modify the ag file so that the game would always run in fullscreen mode. The words and such when going into select a custom question however are most of the time grayed out in the browse menu... or in other words I just see gray boxes and no text of any kind in them so it's like trying to pick the quest I wanna play while blind folded...... but anyway I can manage with this for now.