View Full Version : Diagonal movement: slide against a wall and progress over a door, it won't unlock.

Nicholas Steel
04-10-2010, 12:14 AM
|
|
|
||
| <-
|
|

Hold Left and up so you slide up against the wall while facing left, the door won't unlock as you pass it by. You have to walk directly at doors to unlock them.

Affects doors in all directions and can be annoying with rooms containing corner traps with solid blocks positioned one space/gap away from the front of the door.

XMuppetSB
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't think this is really a bug...

Nicholas Steel
04-10-2010, 10:36 PM
It's more an annoyance I agree, It would be most trouble under the circumstances I listed. (excluding custom scripted situations)

XMuppetSB
04-11-2010, 10:18 AM
And it this also the case with lock blocks?

Nicholas Steel
04-11-2010, 01:04 PM
Haven't really noticed it with lock blocks, I've never used such so have no idea how to make a test quest that uses them. I believe you can touch a lock Block without being centered and it opens but not sure if sliding against a solid wall towards a lock block will open it, most quests involving lock blocks don't have situations where you are likely to slide towards a lock block.

I'm very tired.

XMuppetSB
04-11-2010, 11:37 PM
I tried this with both the lock blocks and the treasure chests, and they activated while Link was sliding along them.

Gleeok
05-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Z3 movement has it's quirks since it is essentially an extension of Z1 movement (Which is really weird by comparison), so I'm not sure this is a bug. If you happen across Armos and Grave combos you get the same thing basically, so at least it's somewhat consistent. ..I'm not really sure about this one.

Nicholas Steel
05-13-2010, 09:42 PM
It would just make it easier to get through narrow dungeon doors which require perfect alignment etc.