PDA

View Full Version : Zelda not appearing? [1154]

DarkLink867
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
ok, so I have Zelda's room similar to the first quest's room except it looks different, the problem is, Zelda doesn't have a sprite when you walk in, and when link and her hold their trifoce pieces up, link disappears.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and how to get the sprites to appear?

Anthus
04-06-2010, 05:55 AM
We need a bit more info. What tile set are you using? It is possible you are using a set that does not have the "end game" tiles set up in the right spot in 2.5. I don't think there is any real way to check the placement of tiles that are used for "Guys", unless one of the devs can tell you otherwise.

You may also want to try this out in the newest version, which as of this post, is 1204. I think there was some talk of a bug that messed with the end game stuff. You may want to see if that was your problem.

Hope this helps.

DarkLink867
04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm using Classic tileset, I'll go ahead with the new build and see if it's what was the problem.

thanks for the help.

EDIT: Default tiles don't work in 1204, and making sure the DMap Level number is 9 has no effect (don't know why it would do anything, but a safety precaution more than anything)

Anthus
04-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm using Classic tileset, I'll go ahead with the new build and see if it's what was the problem.

thanks for the help.

EDIT: Default tiles don't work in 1204, and making sure the DMap Level number is 9 has no effect (don't know why it would do anything, but a safety precaution more than anything)

Wait a sec.. What type of d-map are you using? Make sure it is a "NES Dungeon" type otherwise Guys won't show up properly. Do you have the "Guy" type set as "Zelda"? However, the room still works, just minus the srpites which leads me to believe it is a tiling issue.

If you still have problems, I'll open up the editor, and see if there is a way to check which "end game" tiles are used and stuff.

DarkLink867
04-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Wait a sec.. What type of d-map are you using? Make sure it is a "NES Dungeon" type otherwise Guys won't show up properly. Do you have the "Guy" type set as "Zelda"? However, the room still works, just minus the srpites which leads me to believe it is a tiling issue.

If you still have problems, I'll open up the editor, and see if there is a way to check which "end game" tiles are used and stuff.

The Bolded part was my problem, my guy was set to none, I figured there was no need to set one, but I guess not, Thanks a ton.

EDIT: ok, link's holding up triforce tile still won't load, but Zelda has a sprite upon walking in

Anthus
04-09-2010, 07:21 PM
EDIT: ok, link's holding up triforce tile still won't load, but Zelda has a sprite upon walking in

Hmm. Does he still hold up other items (With two hands)? I'm thinking it is still an issue with the tile page. For some reason, none of Link's tiles are shown in the tile pages where they used to be (Very first tiles). This is a long shot, but try copying the two tiles of Link in his "holding" pose, and pasting them to the right of Zelda. I doubt it will work but it it worth a shot. If it doesn't work, then just move the tiles back, or make a duplicate quest file for testing. Maybe one of the devs can shine some light on this situation.