PDA

View Full Version : Keys disappear from inventory

Freedom
03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
I thought this was a locked dungeon/ lock block problem only but....
It has happened to me, to Elise, and now to another player, that they will have a key, save the game and quit for the night, and have no key when they restart the game.
version 1200

elise
03-29-2010, 03:43 PM
I also had this in mudvaynes quest in version 984

Joe123
04-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Which of Mudvaynes' quests was it?
I tried it in a test quest with a normal and with a level specific key, and I closed the player between saving and re-opening but I couldn't reproduce this.

elise
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
TAT the froggy level the room where I got the boss key , got the key went out and when I got back on that screen the door was locked again , was curious what should happen if I walked in there again and it just took a new key from my inventory like I never was there before

Freedom
04-07-2010, 10:11 PM
I've had 2 more people have this problem now playing SwanSong ~Genesis
in that quest they are all now lock blocks, no dungeon lock doors anymore.
yet the problem still happens.

Joe123
04-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Does it happen in the same place for each player?
If not is there a specific area where it's happening more often than others?
Are you using normal keys or level specific or a mixture?

Would I be right in saying that elise's description sounds like it's got something to do with lock-blocks not staying unlocked properly?
If I can get slightly more specific information I'll know where to start looking.

Freedom
04-10-2010, 01:26 AM
That's the problem, we can't really get more specific, it may actually be two bugs.
L reported fixing part of this but a new version hasn't been released for windows with that fix

Some doors re-closed themselves forcing the player to need another key.
Some keys have vanished that were in inventory once a player saved and quit for the night and then restarted.

Some were level specific, and some were just normal keys.

In the beginning my doors in combos doubled as lock blocks and door sets to reduce combo space, and it seemed to only happen with doors that were set to NES dungeon screens, so I went through the quest and changed all locking doors to lock blocks, which seems to have stopped reports of doors reclosing, but who can be sure.
Keys however are still disappearing when people quit and restart.
Level specific keys disappear when you leave a level but seem to return if you walk back in.

L also posted that he added the key specifics to the allegro log, but as I said, that version hasn't been released to test.

Joe123
04-12-2010, 05:00 AM
OK well I compiled a windows build so hopefully it'll shed some light on the issue

Dark Nation
08-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Can anyone confirm this is still happening?