PDA

View Full Version : SwanSong~Genesis Released!

Freedom
03-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Some release notes for SwanSong~Genesis

Built, Tested, and Relesed in the 1200 beta
Download the 1200 here (http://www.shardstorm.com/zc/alphas/1200-windows.zip)

Download The Quest Pack (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/swan-gen.zip)

The map is functional in most areas including caves and dungeons.
To use the map press the spacebar.
Alt zooms in and Ctrl zooms out
Enter exits the map.

This is an easy quest, if enough people request it, I'll see
about doing a hard version release.

Playing this in any other version than it was released in is
almost sure to cause bugs, do so at your own peril.
Please report any bugs you may find so I can fix them so the
playing experience can be as good as we can make it.

There are 10 small MP3 files packed in with the zip, keep them
in the folder with the game, they are sound effects used in
certain areas.
Their names all begin with "swan" so they will be easy to keep
track of.
A small overworld map is also included in the zip as well as some
cavern maps, these should help you learn the areas.

game play tips

I suggest taking the levels in order, otherwise you may need
an item you don't have as of yet.

Getting to know the overworlds is a good idea, you'll need to
return to areas often, and there are items, if collected early,
that will make game play easier, like the mushroom.

The Dead hills are little talked about by the people of SwanSong,
but they hold great wealth, you should return there often.
The more items you have the further into the hills you can
progress.
You can also access the castle area and castle town once you get
the mirror shield if you have the flippers.

The Story
SwanSong~Genesis isn't a remake of SwanSong, it more of a continuation,
that happens some years later.
Most of the areas you remember from SwanSong are still where they were,
although time has changed them a lot.
Some areas time destroyed and new communities sprang up in their place.

Queen Elise is still the rightful ruler of the kingdom, but she has
become imprisoned by the evil one, and needs your help restoring peace to
the Kingdom of SwanSong.

http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen01.pnghttp://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen02.png
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen03.pnghttp://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen04.png
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen05.pnghttp://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen06.png
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen07.pnghttp://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/screen08.png

In SwanSong~Genesis the traditional "passageways" have been replaced with
sidescroller levels, here are a few of those.

The Beehive (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/beehive.png)

Castle Passageway (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/castle_passage.png)

The Icehouse (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/icehouse.png)

The Firehouse (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/firehouse.png)

In one of the side quests in SwanSong~Genesis, Link must restore the water to Zora Meadows.
The Zora are so pleased that he is given the flippers, and access to their waterways.

Zora Meadows before (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/zm_before.png)

Zora Meadows after (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/zm_after.png)

The Castle Grounds in SwanSong~Genesis

Castle Grounds (http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/swan-gen/castle_grounds.png)

Hope You enjoy this quest
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN ELISE!

I want to thank the ZC Community as a whole for their help in making this quest possible.

Anthus
03-26-2010, 02:10 AM
Yes!

I'm a bit tired now, but I will get into this tomorrow.

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 02:14 AM
You're not going to submit it to the database?

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Woo, thanks for using build 1200 :) I've been having huge success with quests so far with that version. admittedly I've only been playing quests designed for 2.10, 1.92 beta or 1.90 so far.

Freedom
03-26-2010, 02:36 AM
You're not going to submit it to the database?

yes, figured I'd give it a week or so in case of any bugs, but if you want to grab the folder and put it up there that would be great.

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Good so far; the sound effects make the quest feel that much more authentic. Duly noted for future quest-making.

...And this is why I'll never include Roc's Feather in a future quest of mine:

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 04:24 AM
I'm stuck on the first dungeon, I've got 2 keys and found a block puzzle but no solution to the block puzzle (soldiers surrounded by 4 blocks each). There are also various doors in the first dungeon I can't open. I have the Candle, Bombs, Super Bombs, Roc's Feather and Wooden Sword.

----------------
Some bugs?
----------------

image 14: When entering this screen, there are enemies, as I progress from the doorway however, the enemies vanish from the room. There are normally 2 boomerang guys there?

image 16: "A" should be "and".

image 18: Is this statues eye meant to be open until you shoot it?

image 19: The compass fell the instant I entered the screen. Was I meant to kill enemies to get it? o_O

Anthus
03-26-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm stuck on the first dungeon, I've got 2 keys and found a block puzzle but no solution to the block puzzle (soldiers surrounded by 4 blocks each). There are also various doors in the first dungeon I can't open. I have the Candle, Bombs, Super Bombs, Roc's Feather and Wooden Sword.

I know I said I'd wait till tomorrow, but... You have to move the blocks out of the way THEN push the statues onto the four spots.

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 05:51 AM
oooooooohhhh that makes sense now.

Freedom
03-26-2010, 07:31 AM
Good so far; the sound effects make the quest feel that much more authentic. Duly noted for future quest-making.

...And this is why I'll never include Roc's Feather in a future quest of mine:

I tried to tell L about jumping over some of those combos but he didn't want to hear it.
I think I fixed that one

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Humm, so you push the statues onto the trigger, how do you reach the right fireplace?

Freedom
03-26-2010, 01:33 PM
right fireplace?

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I dunn what to do, I can't open any doors that aren't automatically opened by a trigger so I'm stuck in the dungeon with no way to progress beyond that.

Freedom
03-26-2010, 02:02 PM
there is a skeleton at the end of the tracks that gives you a clue about lighting the torches, one here, two there......
the torches are above where the push blocks and guy wanting a skulltula where

elise
03-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Franpa did you get something from the big statue in the 3th screen you put on image 18 :)

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it would make more sense if that statue's eye were open... But anyway, I have 1 key and I appear to have been in every room, but I can't open the boss door. I'd assume I'm missing the boss key, but I can't find the devil.

elise
03-26-2010, 05:55 PM
just some old fashion bomb wall will in a place with many pots will help you find it

Nah if the eye was open you would think you need the arrow and bow , you don't have it yet , this way you just try the things you have and forget that it can be the easiest thing you have from the start :)

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Oh. The funny thing is that the boss key is in the screenshot I posted. Darn glitches. ;)

Anthus
03-26-2010, 08:44 PM
I dunno if this is a bug or not, but Roc's Feather is not in my inventory when I go to Zora Meadow. I was thinking about that guy who said it can't be used in all OW areas, but I just want to make sure.

elise
03-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Its not everywhere cause it also is causing lots of bugs so when it really isn't needed it isn't available ;o)

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
I have no freaking clue where I need to go after the first level. I've been all around a few caves, the forest, the Palacades, the hills... I see lots of hookshot trees -- can't wait to get that item.

Freedom
03-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Don't be afraid to look at the maps that come with it, they show L1, L2, and L3 areas and give you an idea how to get there.
from Level 1 you head down through Headhunter country and at the bottom into Sloven Cavern which leads to the haunted Isle

Pineconn
03-27-2010, 12:42 AM
After another hour of searching, I found Sabartooth Ridge, but no Headhunter Country. I hate to sound like a noob, but.....

Freedom
03-27-2010, 12:57 AM
In Prince Sound, go to the shop screen, walk into the waterfall and around to the right and down

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2010, 03:44 AM
Franpa did you get something from the big statue in the 3th screen you put on image 18 :)
I did get something from there, I was thinking that the blinking statue where you place 4 places in a horizontal line would have fitted that spot better, maybe have a clue hidden somewhere for people who don't realize to use the sword.

Anyways, I' have 2 keys, 1 from that eye statue and one from the top right section of the level afaik. I can't open any doors with them though, I walk against doors and they simply don't react at all. You can see what I've explored so far.

I have no clue at all on where to go.

there is a skeleton at the end of the tracks that gives you a clue about lighting the torches, one here, two there......
the torches are above where the push blocks and guy wanting a skulltula where
not sure what area your talking about is, there is a guy after skulltulas in the forest but I can only view that screen from on top of a cliff on the right side of the screen...

Freedom
03-27-2010, 06:34 AM
The guy at the end of the tracks is in level 1 (Lorenzo's mine) I thought that was where you were stuck
He's up past that statue

you can also go up one screen from the entrance and left 1 screen and down and get the red candle with one of those keys
in the middle of the conveyors on the spike trap use your sword.
then up past the guy wanting a bribe and ..........

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2010, 01:19 PM
If you mean here, like I said, doors don't unlock for me in that dungeon. I also found that starting your quest was very confusing and not very straight forward at all.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2010, 01:35 PM
If you mean here, like I said, doors don't unlock for me in that dungeon. I also found that starting your quest was very confusing and not very straight forward at all.

Must slash the red spike block to open the doors, I believe.

Pineconn
03-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Please. You mean you never realized that Freedom likes to include a lot of cryptic stuff in his quests? ;)

Freedom
03-27-2010, 03:15 PM

LOL ...not straight forward.... confusing....
welcome to the world of Zelda.
Kill the bad guys, rescue the damsel in distress, drink a beer and call it a day.

Franpa, there are clues to about everything throughout the game, and I supply a overworld map showing the first three level locations and the cavern maps to help get you there.
If I did any more I'd feel like I was playing it for you.
Relax and enjoy the fact that you can walk around killing things with immunity. ;O)

Pineconn
03-27-2010, 03:37 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The locked door at the end of the Sloven Cavern is driving me insane. The hint has helped me very little.

ShadowTiger
03-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Pineconn - There's a room in the Sloven Caverns that is shaped like two arrows pointing at each other. It's in the middle of the caverns. You'll need your boomerang. It's all you'll need, really.

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
FFFF Okay, I thought there was something odd about the spike but then I dismissed it >.> probably because I'm used to such tactics appearing after getting the Lens Of Truth. Also, obviously I missed wherever that hint is that you speak of.

elise
03-27-2010, 11:23 PM
yes in Freedoms quests you need to use your own brain and not find everything by using the lens of truth ;o)
this is a puzzle quest and not a straight forward fighting quest

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Spoilers.
Dungeon 1 beaten. Also with that skeleton clue your talking about, the first time I tried to light that lantern (with blue candle) it didn't work.

Freedom
03-28-2010, 12:07 AM
A tip Franpa
In all my quests there is somewhat of a colorcode, it doesn't always apply but does 9 out of 10 times
if it's red slap it with your sword, blue=boomerang, yellow=arrow, green and purple= reflected fireball or wand magic
so if you see something red, like that spike trap was before you hit it, then you need to try and hit it.
once hit they turn to gray, or if one is off and needs activated it may be gray when you first see it.

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 01:18 AM
The guy at the end of the tracks is in level 1 (Lorenzo's mine) I thought that was where you were stuck
He's up past that statue

you can also go up one screen from the entrance and left 1 screen and down and get the red candle with one of those keys
in the middle of the conveyors on the spike trap use your sword.
then up past the guy wanting a bribe and ..........
I didn't notice this line in your first message >.>

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Where is the key to get into the lovely house in the Haunted Swamp? In the Graveyard?

Freedom
03-28-2010, 01:48 AM
there's a little skinny dead looking tree that you can "force" to help you walk down into the water in an area surrounding the Isle, which then leads to a cave

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Edit: Making progress through the dungeon.

Oh and lastly you can get in the wall seen in the below picture, you can escape by walking right and out of the wall so not a show stopper.

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Yeah I'm stuck, theres only 2 doors I can't get through, one seems to be a shutter but there is only a blue bubble in the room. The other is beyond a side scrolling room with Bats, that door on the southern wall has a keyhole but won't open with my key :/

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 10:40 PM
bump. (check #41)

elise
03-29-2010, 12:39 AM
mmmmm replied it this afternoon but somehow didn't show up , maybe next time I also have to hit the post button ;o)
are you in level 2 ?

on the main floor go to the right room in the middle 4th row from the bottum up, drop down go one down and take the left skull passage down there use stair

Think you talk about the bossdoor
try to be a little more specific where you are , there are several rooms with 4 bats and for certain two with only a blue bubble ;o)

Nicholas Steel
03-29-2010, 01:47 AM
Images 8 and 9 show how much I've managed to explore.

Image 10 shows what I think is a 1-way shutter door. The room to the right has a normal shutter on the left doorway but no enemies so it opens straight away.

To the right of Image 11 is the locked door I spoke of, it probably IS the boss door. The side scroller section (the section in the image) is a bitch to pull off.

elise
03-29-2010, 02:15 AM
ok I send you a pm that will help you I think ;o)
and don't forget to bomb walls even south walls ;0)

Freedom
04-01-2010, 02:10 AM
BUG FIX UPDATE!

There is a bug that causes you to be short one key in level 6
a door that should have been a one way shutter is a keyed door instead.

A fixed version has been uploaded, so you will want to download it and replace your file.

Anthus
04-02-2010, 04:45 AM
Will this make us start over?

zeldafan
04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Hello

I still dont know how to get to the boss in lvl4? help me with that one please!

Freedom
04-02-2010, 09:57 AM
no Anthus, you don't have to start over.

zeldafan,
you go to the room where the ghost is just to the right of the start screen

Nicholas Steel
04-03-2010, 02:40 AM
How do you get the Boss Key for dungeon 2? I have the 3 dungeon items already.

Freedom
04-03-2010, 10:07 AM
How do you get the Boss Key for dungeon 2? I have the 3 dungeon items already.

Go to that small room above the room with the lava in the basement

Pong
04-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Anyone have a hint to find the red lantern in level 1? I am lost and going in circles. My first post, yea. Thx

elise
04-06-2010, 01:08 PM
from start go to the left where you have the belts and the red spike ............slash that spike with your sword and go down

Pong
04-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Thx found the red lantern. I have another problem. I had to go to bed. I saved my game and when I started playing again the key that was in my inventory was gone! What's up with that? Am I screwed?

Freedom
04-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Thx found the red lantern. I have another problem. I had to go to bed. I saved my game and when I started playing again the key that was in my inventory was gone! What's up with that? Am I screwed?

No you're not screwed, but let me ask where you got the key?
was it in a level, a red key?
does it return if you go back in the level?

the red keys are "level specific" and may not show in inventory if you leave the level, however there is also a bug in the program that has robbed a few people of keys here and there.

Let me know which and I'll get you through what you have to do.

Pong
04-08-2010, 06:48 AM
It was in level 2 and it was missing while in the level. The key was gone and I could not find it again. I have limited access to the internet. I downloaded the quest again and restarted because I didn't see your answer. I'm just entering level 2 again. Thx

captlagnaf
04-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Need help getting anywhere in level 2 I have one key and am unable to unlock any doors, also in the basement
I think I can access 5 rooms but I am unable to do anything to advance, there seems to be two blue statues that look like it needs arrows for a trigger but do not have the bow. Also on the last room to the left there are two more statues with cycles and do not know how to trigger them. I have all items from level 1

elise
04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
Captlagnaf surch for other ways to get to the rooms like walking through walls and bomb walls and even walking through ..................just sniffle everyplace on the walls

captlagnaf
04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
I have tried pushing, burning and bombing every wall skull and casket and still am not able to get anywhere in
level 2, I am only able to get into the first two rows of rooms on the first floor and 5 rooms in the basement

Nicholas Steel
04-09-2010, 08:33 AM
basement room with goryias (boomerang throwers) bomb south.

captlagnaf
04-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Is there another way into the basement besides the stairs?. When I go into the basement with the stairs I find 5 rooms and no enemies. in the far left room there is the blue thing that gives you back your sword but that is
the only thing I find in the basement of level 2

Freedom
04-09-2010, 03:20 PM
bomb down in the room with the Goryia's

captlagnaf
04-09-2010, 06:43 PM
I appreciate the help but the only rooms in the basement have no enemies. Do I need the glove or something else
I really have tried pushing and bombing everything, I am using the version that came in the packet but it says it is version 2.11 release 18 I hope this is not the problem because it is one of the only versions that plays on x64 vista

elise
04-09-2010, 10:57 PM
from start go two screens to the right and up on the leftside
go 4 to the left and use staire walk one to the right and bomb south

Freedom
04-10-2010, 04:04 PM
A new version has been uploaded with any and all known about bugs fixed

Nicholas Steel
04-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Thanks, decided to update today now (from initial release) :D

dawnbeth76
04-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Hi,

This is a great quest. I am stuck in Level 1 still though. I have gotten the red candle and the stepladder. How do I get into that cart that is a screen left and up from the first statue is? I am stuck at this point. Where do I get the boomerang? Can anyone help me out alittle.

Thank You in Advance!!

Freedom
04-17-2010, 04:08 PM
you can't ride that upper cart, just the one across the bottom.
since you have the red candle...
well there is a clue given you by a skeleton up by that cart you can't ride, light that lantern with the red candle

elise
04-17-2010, 04:11 PM
In the room with the 4 candles , light two and you have the way to the boomerang
The minecar you can't move you need to light the candle on that side to open that "One " door ;o)

RedDeathX7
04-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Again another fantastic quest by Freedom. I'll get playing right away. =3

Goofy
04-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Can't find a key to open what I think is level 2. Any clues out there to help a dude?

elise
04-19-2010, 07:38 PM
bomb a dead tree near the water on the north west part of the island

Nicholas Steel
04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
(from entrance to 2nd dungeon) go down, down, left, up up up etc. while sticking to the green grassy path to find the dead tree, don't go hunting for it on the lower watery path.

hairball42
05-13-2010, 10:00 PM
[found it LOL]

hairball42
05-19-2010, 03:03 PM
As usual, I post and figure it out. :)

Gueifu
02-09-2011, 01:27 AM
I first heard about this , hope to write some experts share their experience under the.