PDA

View Full Version : DarkWorld

Orion
03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't know if anyone is here who would remember, but I was working on a remake of the 2nd.qst with the LTTP Tileset. I completely put it aside for the last 4-5 years, but happened across the file on an old CD I found. It's pretty far along; the overworld and the first 6 dungeons are done.

The point is, I'd much rather be putting the time into my quest than this one at the moment, so if there's anyone interested in completing DarkWorld, please reply with why would like to work on it to this thread. If you've played LightWorld, you probably know the spirit of what I'm going for. If anyone comes forward who I think would do a good job with it, I'll let them have it.

Anthus
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
What about caves on the overworld? Are those all set up, or are some incomplete?

Orion
03-26-2010, 04:24 PM
No, they aren't done.

Anthus
03-28-2010, 12:20 AM
I am interested, and I think it's be relatively easy to just have "proposed2nd.qst" open in 2.5 next to Darkworld in whatever version. 2.5 would be used for the example because it shows strings tile warps, guy, and room types.

EDIT: I'm also interested because, frankly, I am burnt out on making overworlds. I pretty much lack the patients needed to draw them. I absolutely hate doing trees. Dungeons however, are something I like doing more. Usually, when I'm hit with a burst of inspiration it is for a dungeon. It's just I'm too lazy to draw an overworld to connect them. This would be a good thing for me because A), the overworld is done, and B) The dungeons are still based off of something else. I am currently playing Lightworld, and I like it so far. Admittedly, I have found some "Walk to a screen, and get stuck, have to reset" bugs though.

I would also suggest, not saying you should, but it would be cool to see a remake of the 3rd Quest done in such a way. I don't think there are any remakes of the unofficial third. Given that it is a 'darker' quest, the darkworld overworld would probably work. Do you have a screenshot of the Darkworld map you've made so far?

EDIT 2: Plus, AlttP is my favorite Zelda game.

bigjoe
04-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Here's a suggestion: Why not have somebody remake Light World in one of the new betas? There are many new features that would lend to the feel of the quest. Additionally, one could potentially, using scripts or whatever, make both Light World and Dark World part of the same quest!