PDA

View Full Version : End of Time DX Released

Pineconn
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
End of Time DX
by Pineconn

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx01.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx02.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx03.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx04.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx05.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx06.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx07.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx08.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx09.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eotdx10.png

Download: [Click Here (http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=400)]

You can find all of the necessary quest information, including the download link, in the QDB submission link above.

Quest file updated: 10/8/10

Description:

This quest is a graphical remake of my first quest, End of Time. This quest features a full overworld, an underworld, nine main dungeons, a few side dungeons and caves, and a brand-new, very tricky bonus dungeon (if you can find it). I've also included quite a few new puzzles in dungeons throughout the quest. Grammar and the overall quality of this quest are about as perfect as possible, so please enjoy.

I am not responsible for quest-ruining bugs you encounter with a 2.5 beta. Use 2.10.

Storyline:

Since this is a remake of my first quest, story is next to nonexistent. However, I was sure to include some beginning and ending cut-scenes.

If you need any help at all, post it here. I'll help you through my quest as much as possible. Of course, I also ask that you post any bugs that you have found or any comments that you have.

Nicholas Steel
03-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Woot, something to do when I beat your Link to the Heavens quest now :)

Nicholas Steel
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Been giving this a go, searching for level 4 (I don't need help) and enjoying it so far. The ambush tactic in one of the caves was pretty nifty and FFFFF at the other cave with some er, questionable music -_-

Pineconn
03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Hehehe, you're number 1 on my list. My beta testers (Moo2wo and Russ) didn't mention the... questionable music... to me. :D

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 01:41 AM
I just got the hammer and finished the dungeon (not sure what # it was) and now I'm lost, where do I go to find the next dungeon? I've searched various pegs etc. with no luck :/

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 02:02 AM
You need the fire boomerang from the Underworld, which can be found by going about as southeast as possible, then pushing a rock across lava to form walkways. ...Don't ask me, I made that several years ago. :whap:

Next, head up to a pond in the Quartz Mountains. Use the fire boomerang to burn a shrub across the pond, allowing you to hookshot across. You'll traverse into the Infernal Swamp, which houses quite a few secrets...

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 02:31 AM
Ahh, I wasn't expecting it to burn that shrub. I was thinking that needed the wand+book.

Nicholas Steel
03-26-2010, 07:17 AM
How to get past this? is the hammer meant to reach them? If it is then I can report it in the bug forum :)

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Heh heh. Hint: use the ladder. But how, you ask? You'll figure it out.

Twilight-Prince1002
03-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Haha! So it is done, eh? I have been playing it, and I am enjoying the remake thus far (already past Level 4). No bugs seen thus far, I would say.

I am really looking forward to this bonus dungeon you claim to have stuck in this version!

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I must say that I really like the extra dungeon (Level D) -- it's chock full of puzzles and design intricacies. In case you have a difficult time finding it, I'll leave you a small hint: this dungeon makes getting the game's best weapon a lot more troublesome. I also see that you're taking some time off from the Let's Play. I don't blame you, you're probably already tired of my evil design tactics (even though you've barely skimmed the surface of the puzzles). :p

Twilight-Prince1002
03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Actually, Fraps is being stubborn with me, so that's why the LP is lacking. XP

GMO
03-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but either way it's messing up. In the "under the lake" cave (after beating level 3), I've gotten stuck. It's the cave where there are two locks per room and you must unlock one to make the other block unlock-able. Anyways, I made it through most of the dungeon, then when fighting the boss (the flying thing with all of the other littler flying things in a circle around it), I died, and it put me back at the beginning of the cave. The problem is that it relocked one of the blocks in the first room, and there is no key to unlock it since I had already picked it up. Any suggestions on what to do?

Pineconn
03-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Aha, that's a prime example of me sucking at testing certain things. My apologies. Everybody, please redownload the quest -- it should be fixed now. In case anyone encounters this bug, please tell me and I'll PM you a specially fixed version of the quest. GMO, I've PMed you.

Twilight-Prince1002
03-26-2010, 11:33 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but either way it's messing up. In the "under the lake" cave (after beating level 3), I've gotten stuck. It's the cave where there are two locks per room and you must unlock one to make the other block unlock-able. Anyways, I made it through most of the dungeon, then when fighting the boss (the flying thing with all of the other littler flying things in a circle around it), I died, and it put me back at the beginning of the cave. The problem is that it relocked one of the blocks in the first room, and there is no key to unlock it since I had already picked it up. Any suggestions on what to do?

Hm, funny, I never encountered that bug...but then again, I beat the Patra (the flying enemy) on the first go anyway, so that's probably why I never had troubles.

Nevertheless, if it's there it's there, so thanks for pointing that out to Pineconn.

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2010, 03:51 AM
Heh heh. Hint: use the ladder. But how, you ask? You'll figure it out.
I assume I'm meant to walk half way up between water and land? D:

If yes, then that doesn't work in 1200 and I would report it.

Pineconn
03-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Yes, halfway between land and water. Stupid 2.5.

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Okay thanks for providing a solution. It's the only show stopping bug I've seen so far.

GMO
03-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Thank you so much! That worked perfectly! This is such a fantastic game you've made, so I'm glad I can continue with it now! Kudos, and keep up the great work!

Nicholas Steel
03-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Stuck in level 7, I can go down some stairs and get the map but thats it ._. no clue where a key is. Also your level 7 screenshot makes me cry :(

Twilight-Prince1002
03-28-2010, 12:41 AM
So, I found the bonus dungeon, "Level D". Gotta say, it's quite a brain-buster.

I'm particularly referring to the screen that is 2 screens left and 1 screen up from the entrance. How the heck to you get to that locked block?!

Anthus
03-28-2010, 12:56 AM
For the first time in forever, I'm actually building up a queue of quests I really want to play. Especially now, given that so few 'great' quests are released anymore.

I'll be playing this after Swansong Genesis (as well as playing it again for LP reaosns). I was also going to run through Orion's Lightworld.

Moo2wo
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm going to say in advance you need Din's Fire. You can access that lock block by falling down the bottom left pit in this room.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3871/zelda077.png

To get to that room, you can go (from the entrance) one screen up, one screen right, go up the staircase, go one screen left, one screen down, bomb the left wall, use Din's Fire in the center of the circle of the unlit circles to open the shutters, go through the shutter on the left, shoot the Eyegore with an arrow, push the blocks onto the triggers and go through the shutter on the top wall. Alternatively, you can use Link's super-awesome magic skills to summon a whale which will take you to the lock block.

Anthus
03-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Disregarding my previous post...

I just got Rick Roll'd. I had to take a break from Lightworld. It is pretty hard; harder than the original Zelda. I'm enjoying this quest very much. I got right through Level's one, two, and three, and decided to get some food, and make this post. Good job.

Nicholas Steel
03-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Stuck in level 7, I can go down some stairs and get the map but thats it ._. no clue where a key is. Also your level 7 screenshot makes me cry :(
In case you missed it.

Anthus
03-28-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm not stuck, but I am wondering if I am supposed to have the whistle before Level 4, or if it is found in Level 4.

Twilight-Prince1002
03-29-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm not stuck, but I am wondering if I am supposed to have the whistle before Level 4, or if it is found in Level 4.

The whistle, if I remember right, was in Level 4, and you'd need that to go onward to Level 5.

I just got Rick Roll'd.

At least we get a Piece of Heart for it. : >

Pineconn
03-29-2010, 12:58 AM
@ franpa: Check the room in which you received the map. Check it hard...

@ Anthus: Heh heh, just when we all thought the Rick Roll fad was over...

Anthus
03-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Hopefully not spoiling too much here, but is it required I drop 300 rupees for Din's Fire?

Pineconn
03-29-2010, 10:48 PM
Only if you want the Master Sword; otherwise, no.

Anthus
03-30-2010, 12:55 AM
Not a bug per se, but it is possible to get stuck here :/

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2189/zelda043.png

Pineconn
03-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Eh, that's my fault for sucking at quest-making several years ago. And partially my fault this day and age for not really testing out that room...

Anthus
03-31-2010, 12:17 AM
It should be an easy fix without comprimising the puzzle too much: just put a "No Push Block" flag in front of the door.

Nicholas Steel
03-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Is such a flag possible in 2.10 :)

Twilight-Prince1002
03-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Is such a flag possible in 2.10 :)

It is. I have seen this flag myself, being a 2.10 user.

Anthus
03-31-2010, 02:36 AM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1659/dhgh12h.png

He uses it a lot actually -- In any other puzzle where the blocks are pushable within a certain area.

Yep, it's in 2.10 :)

Moo2wo
03-31-2010, 08:11 AM
Hey Pineconn, I thought you might want to know that this is currently the highest rated quest in the PureZC database and the Zelda Classic database.

Pineconn
03-31-2010, 12:51 PM
Eh, new quests always are before people slam them with "0"s/"1"s. But thanks for rating it a 5!

And thanks, I know about the No Push Blocks flag. :p

captlagnaf
04-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Need Help. I have finished level 4 and can't find level 5 or the letter. It seems like it would be helpful from this point on to have potions.

Moo2wo
04-02-2010, 07:13 AM
You can't get potions quite yet. Use the whistle to warp to an area of Hyrule Fields you couldn't access before. Go one screen up and go into the cave. From there, go one screen to the right and step on the warp pad to go back to Hyrule Fields. Go two screens to the right and two screens up. Head one screen right and go into the mini-dungeon. After you've completed it and got the Lens of Truth, go back to this screen.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/7852/zelda089.png

From there, head two screens up and one screen to the left. Go one screen up and two screen right, using the path nearest the back of the mountain the first time. Step on the warp pad. Now use the Lens like you did in the mini-dungeon to see where spikes are hidden. Follow the path and go two screens to the right. In this shop you can buy the bottle (the letter), or you can go one screen down and you'll be at Level 5.

avaquizzer
04-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Okay, so I'm in level 8, and I seem to be stuck. I just killed two gibdos (mummies) in a room with some bouncing mirrors, and then unlocked a door a proceeded one screen to the right. There are a bunch of giant eyeball things on a ledge, with a locked door to the right and a shutter door leading up. I kill the eyeball things and the shutter door opens to a room with a bunch of blue goriyas, and a puzzle that I'm assuming I can't access from that entrance to the room. The problem is, I don't have any more keys. So....now what? The floor is B3, BTW. Thanks in advance for your help. :-)

Also, how's about a hint on getting the blue-crystal magic from the Quartz Hills? I see it in the chest, but that orange thing is blocking me....haven't tried the wand yet, but everything else seems to fail. Thanks. :-)

I'm absolutely loving this quest, BTW. I have 4 more heart pieces to track down (assuming you can get up to 16 containers, plus finish level 8 and level 9 (which I found accidentally). Thanks much!!

Moo2wo
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I can't answer you're first question; I'm too tired right now.

You can access the blue-crystal (Nayru's Love) directly after you finish the game.

You are not missing any Heart Container Pieces; in fact, you've got them all, if I understood you correctly. The last one is inside Level 9.

avaquizzer
04-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I give up for the night. Checked every room with the lens of truth. I guess I'm just not seeing how to solve that puzzle in the room with the blue goriyas. There's a row of spikes (horizontal) at the top of the room with a <-- block and a --> block and two switches, but I can't get up there...I'm assuming I have to enter the room a different way. Or I missed a key somewhere, but I checked every room again, with the lens also. Oh well, I'll wait for your answer. Thanks. :-)

Pineconn
04-03-2010, 11:53 PM
There's a row of spikes (horizontal) at the top of the room with a <-- block and a --> block and two switches, but I can't get up there...

Check closely behind one of the large torches.

avaquizzer
04-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks much!! I gotta say, that was really tricky, but once I noticed the slight graphical difference, the "puzzle" became a piece of cake!
I just started Level 9 right now; I think I've collected everything. There are only 2 bomb upgrades, yes?

Thanks again for making such an awesome quest! I'm definitely glad I decided to stop by ZC again and see what was new.

Pineconn
04-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Yep, only two bomb upgrades. Level 9 is short compared to Level 8, so you can beat it in one sitting with no problem. And thanks to you and everyone else for playing my quest!

avaquizzer
04-04-2010, 02:50 AM
Just beat it. I thought I'd go to sleep, but I just couldn't convince myself knowing I was so close to the end. Very nice job! What I liked best about your quest was that you were able to include all of the new weapons and items and whatnot without any of them feeling "forced". Like, it wasn't like "okay, I'm stuck in this part of the overworld, and now I beat level 1 and got the item there, so now I can explore further to get to level 2, and use the item I get there to get to level 3"....the overworld was really thought-out, as were those "put all of the blocks on the switches to open the door" puzzles in the dungeons; I really appreciated those!

The updated graphics were a nice touch too. Thank you again for making such a fun quest!

hdee4mee
04-04-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok, great quest, but I must be missing something simple... I'm stuck in level 5 in this room. I have no keys and can't advance. How do I get across this room? Using the lens it appears that something's up with the two blocks to the right closest to the wall, but I can't seem to do anything with them. Unless I missed something in one of the other rooms, I'm pretty sure this is the only way I can go, so right now I am at a complete dead end and kinda bummed. Any help would be appreciated, thx

Nicholas Steel
04-04-2010, 11:38 AM
hookshot over the gap between the 4 blocks then follow the path ;)

hdee4mee
04-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Doh! I had tried the hookshot already but it wouldn't fire across the gap, I was standing too close to the edge. When I backed up just a little... It worked! Thank you, I knew it was something simple! :o

hairball42
04-04-2010, 12:52 PM
I am embarrassed to be stuck so early in the game. I can find the candle, and I can find the 25 rupees. That's all. I have tried burning trees but I keep running out of magic and can't find a way to replenish it. I have put bombs all over the place, but so far I have not found a place where it works.

Help. :)

ps. Using ZC 2.10. :)

hairball42
04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Nevermind! I found the burnable tree. I swear I'd tried to burn it before and nothing happened. I must have been too far away or didn't get it just right.

riku8745
04-04-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm stuck in level 5. I'm able to find one key and open the lock-blocks, plus I've found the map, but after that I'm stuck. I found the guy in the hidden room who says the thing about his brother, and I know his brother said "Left, right, right, up." but I'm not sure how to use that.

riku8745
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Nevermind, I found the secret passage!

EDIT: Okay, what the hell is up with the magic shield? I shell out 60 rupees for it, and then later it just disappears, leaving me with just the crappy shield. And with Wizzrobes out the fricken ass, the magic shield is a must.

Twilight-Prince1002
04-04-2010, 11:04 PM
I am just about done with this game...but there's one teensy little problem...

All the enemies in Level 9 are invisible! Okay, I recall getting the cross back when I played the original version of End of Time, but I can't remember for the life of me where it is...providing it's in the same place or roughly the same place in End of Time DX.

Pineconn
04-05-2010, 01:08 AM
EDIT: Okay, what the hell is up with the magic shield? I shell out 60 rupees for it, and then later it just disappears, leaving me with just the crappy shield. And with Wizzrobes out the fricken ass, the magic shield is a must.

Beats me. If you're using a 2.5 beta, it could be a glitch with that. There isn't any glitch with 2.10 or my quest. Or maybe you were swallowed by a Like Like.

I am just about done with this game...but there's one teensy little problem...

All the enemies in Level 9 are invisible! Okay, I recall getting the cross back when I played the original version of End of Time, but I can't remember for the life of me where it is...providing it's in the same place or roughly the same place in End of Time DX.

Check in the lower path of the Underworld where you have to hookshot across a few platforms.

Twilight-Prince1002
04-05-2010, 01:11 AM
Check in the lower path of the Underworld where you have to hookshot across a few platforms.

*facepalm*

I KNEW I overlooked something! >_<

riku8745
04-05-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm stuck in Level 6. I'm on B1, and on the map I'm on the northwestern-most room. There are some wizard enemies, a dragon thingie that shoots fireballs, and a staircase behind a lock-block, but I can't find a key.

mr_parrot
04-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Hi Pineconn,
I'm stuck in Level 6 as well, a couple of rooms before the boss room. (B1, lower left corner) There are 4 peahats in the room and stones you need to hit with the hammer, but I cannot reach them. I always drop in the water as there is a tile in the floor missing.
Is this a 2.5 bug or did I miss something? The lense of truth doesn't show anything...

edit: I just saw that franpa had the same problem, but I didn't understand how he resolved it finally
:confused:

thanks

Nicholas Steel
04-05-2010, 09:37 PM
You don't happen to mean this bug I reported not long ago? ;)

http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?45328-1200-Can-t-use-a-ladder-over-half-walkable-and-half-water-tile.

Pineconn has a version to work around the bug and will probably PM it to you.

mr_parrot
04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
hi franpa, i just discovered your previous post, but did you solve the problem finally?

Pineconn
04-06-2010, 12:28 AM
INCOMPETENCE. STOP USING 2.5.

riku8745
04-06-2010, 12:40 AM
I'M NOT USING 2.5, I'M USING 2.10

Nicholas Steel
04-06-2010, 01:17 AM
He wasn't talking to you Riku ._."

Pineconn
04-06-2010, 01:54 AM
I'd be willing to bet you missed the key behind the waterfall in B1 (accessible only from F1 -- from the entrance, go up, left, up, up, left, left, and dive). Most other keys are pretty straightforward.

mr_parrot
04-06-2010, 04:29 AM
2.5 is the only version that I could make run with Vista...

Anthus
04-06-2010, 05:50 AM
2.5 is the only version that I could make run with Vista...

That's unfortunate. Have you tried everything to get 2.10 to work on Vista? There are ways, but you need to be on an administrator account :/

In other news, 1,000th post. =D

Nicholas Steel
04-06-2010, 06:09 AM
That's unfortunate. Have you tried everything to get 2.10 to work on Vista? There are ways, but you need to be on an administrator account :/

Ambiguous post award goes to... *drum roll* Anthus!

Anthus
04-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Ambiguous post award goes to... *drum roll* Anthus!

Well if he doesn't have administrative privileges, there is no point in getting his hopes up in telling him what to do. :shrug:

He could also try using those fix things you made, right?

Twilight-Prince1002
04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Finally finished this awesome game. ^^ Pineconn, once again, I am quite impressed. The original End of Time was one of the best Zelda experiences I've had in a long time, and the DX version just made it better in all regards.

You've helped me to push along in making my own quest. It'll be my first, so here's hoping.

Again, wonderful job on this game. It gets an easy 5 stars from me.

mr_parrot
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Hi Anthus,

I do have admin rights, and I also have IT knowledge, but not really the time to dig into this problem as I have to work a lot. I tested some solutions I found in different places, but I can't get 2.10 to run.
The last version I played and scripted with was 1.92 on XP and I never had any problems, but that is years ago. And as I felt some Zelda nostalgia, I tried to run it in Vista.

I must say that I don't find this thread very newcomer-friendly. Apart from insults and comments that don't really help, there wasn't a lot of feedback yet. Why not rather paste a link to a place that explains a problem?
I read through 36 pages of the end-of-time and 7 pages of the end-of-time-dx thread without finding any workarounds for the bug or any clues about the 2.10 / Vista problem...

so, if somebody can give me hint for either of those, that would still be very appreciated
:)

Anthus
04-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Try this: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?44511-help-with-ZC-version-2.10-on-windos-vista-it-keeps-crashing&p=429141&viewfull=1#post429141

Also, as I said in another post, franpa made something that kills explorer, which cause some problems with it running. Though I'm not exactly sure why yours isn't running so it might not really do anything.

It's worth a try. :]
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?43542-Display-issues-in-Windows-7&p=417695&viewfull=1#post417695

EDIT:
Pkmnfrk has a video too.
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?44768-Help!-I-m-running-Windows-Vista-7-and-Zelda-Classic-is-crashing!&p=433821

EDIT 2: Try "Run in 256 Colors" too. That's how I have to do it on Windows 7.

Nicholas Steel
04-07-2010, 02:17 AM
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?44959-update-all-versions-of-Zelda-Classic-available-www.zeldaclassic.com
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?43542-Display-issues-in-Windows-7&p=417695&viewfull=1#post417695

Combine the 2 for the ultimate solution :)

odaknight
04-08-2010, 12:18 AM
I just got ZC the other day and I picked up this quest, I made it all the way to level 8 but I got stuck on a combination room and I got no hint on the correct path. Could anyone help me out?

Btw I love this this quest, keep up the great work!

Pineconn
04-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Hint: use the Lens in that room. Also, the design in the floor should look like a block puzzle you encountered in Level 8, which should make it pretty obvious which way you need to go. It's actually pretty easy. :p

Also... to those who have completed the quest... please rate it here (http://armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=400) and here (http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=275). It's been getting knocked down lately on ZC.com.

odaknight
04-08-2010, 04:46 AM
I actually found it by accident holding down one key in frustration and was amazed when I heard the chime. :p But I just finished the quest and I want to thank you for an amazing playthrough.

xfer
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Hey, I've really been enjoying your game so far. I didn't want to have to post to ask for help but I think I might really be stuck for now. From everything I can tell the whistle warps you around the overworld, and it looks like it warps you to all the different "big trees" so I see where I'm supposed to go, but when I use the whistle it only teleports me back and forth from the desert to the starting screen. Am I missing out on something or should I be warping around the entire overworld?

Nicholas Steel
04-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Don't change what direction you face each time you use the whistle or make sure you face the same direction each time you catch it to cycle through all possibilities.

patrickab7
04-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Great job, Pineconn...

Just one minor ?: No gold ring?

Moo2wo
04-09-2010, 11:06 PM
No, there isn't a gold ring.

Twilight-Prince1002
04-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Great job, Pineconn...

Just one minor ?: No gold ring?

There was in the original End of Time, but alas, not in End of Time DX as far as I've gathered.

bobrocks95
04-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Yeah..... So.....

I'm kinda stuck after the first dungeon.... Looked everywhere and don't know what to do.... Any hints?

Hopefully I can blame it all on a 2.5 beta and I'm not as stupid as I think...

EDIT: Okay, I looked in ZQuest and saw that the bracelet is supposed to be under the armos statue. But for whatever reason I can't move the armos statue. In fact, whenever I touch ANY armos statue it makes the noise that occurs whenever you kill an enemy. So hopefully I'm not stupid and this is the dumb beta's fault?

GMO
04-23-2010, 10:07 PM
Hopefully not spoiling too much here, but is it required I drop 300 rupees for Din's Fire?

Sorry, this is going to probably sound dumb, but where do I find Din's Fire in the first place? I haven't had any luck so far in finding it. :P

Anthus
04-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Sorry, this is going to probably sound dumb, but where do I find Din's Fire in the first place? I haven't had any luck so far in finding it. :P

It's been a while, but I -think- it is in a hidden shop in the desert. I think you either have to bomb a wall, or use the raft.

GMO
04-23-2010, 11:40 PM

I just found it...I can't believe I forgot about that cave. :P

It's always the easiest answers that are the hardest to think of sometimes. My bad.

GMO
04-23-2010, 11:41 PM
It's been a while, but I -think- it is in a hidden shop in the desert. I think you either have to bomb a wall, or use the raft.

Thank you! I actually found it...and then came onto this post to say that I had, then I saw that, but thank you so much anyways! I absolutely love this game, and I feel a bit dumb for not remembering about that cave. :P

charchar
04-24-2010, 03:30 AM
In another comment someone couldn't figure out which tree to burn, but they found it. I swear I've tryed burning every tree i can, but none of them burn. It's not that small tree at the top of the screen, two screens to the left of the shop is it?...

...right at the start of the game

Nicholas Steel
04-24-2010, 06:56 AM
The screen left of the big tree has the bush you need to burn, it leads to stairs afaik.

GMO
04-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Okay, I'm in level 8, and I can't figure out this room...I mean, it looks like it should be just a matter of getting over the lava and pushing the two blocks onto the buttons to open the door...but how do I get across the lava? I'm thinking it has something to do with the torch on the far left, because right behind it there's some odd looking tile or something, but I'm not sure. Sorry if this is a really obvious answer that I'm just missing, but I've been messing with this room for a while now to no success.

By the way, I got the strongest sword, and I LOVED the dungeon it was in! That was absolutely a blast!

GMO
04-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Okay, I'm in level 8, and I can't figure out this room...I mean, it looks like it should be just a matter of getting over the lava and pushing the two blocks onto the buttons to open the door...but how do I get across the lava? I'm thinking it has something to do with the torch on the far left, because right behind it there's some odd looking tile or something, but I'm not sure. Sorry if this is a really obvious answer that I'm just missing, but I've been messing with this room for a while now to no success.

By the way, I got the strongest sword, and I LOVED the dungeon it was in! That was absolutely a blast!

...I just figured it out about a second after I posted this...I've got to stop doing that. :P Sorry.

charchar
04-27-2010, 12:21 AM
The screen left of the big tree has the bush you need to burn, it leads to stairs afaik.

oohkay. So i really suck at zelda apparently. Can someone point out which bush it is i need to burn? thanks..

Nicholas Steel
04-27-2010, 02:04 AM
6E .

Pineconn
04-27-2010, 03:22 AM
o_O

You mean 5B, right?

Nicholas Steel
04-27-2010, 04:22 AM
Oh shit lol, Yeah I was confusing it for the green bush left to what appeared to be a stone but now I know there stairs >.>"

5B is right.

jakeb147
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Is it possible that a key could be used in another dungeon? I was in the middle of level 6 and stuck and decided to just go explore. I found level d and started playing it. I think i used a key i acquired in level 6 on one of the locked blocks in level d. I found all 4 of the keys in level 6. Im stuck at the room after where you have to hammer a bunch of those whack a mole things and then push the block. Im in the room with a staircase, but its blocked by a locked block. Is there another key I missed or did I use it in level d?

Archangel Sirius
05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi, I'm stuck in level 4. I've gotten the whistle and made my way to the right part of the dungeon. I have however noticed that I cannot progress to the lower right area as I do not have a key to do so. I have checked the upper right area and the left side of the level and can find nothing. I have also checked the desert overworld for any other hidden entrances to the level (an AMAZING idea btw.... I love this quest so far). Anyone know if I missed a key or an entrance earlier in the dungeon. I've also checked any walls and blocks for any secrets and found nothing.

Anthus
05-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Is it possible that a key could be used in another dungeon? I was in the middle of level 6 and stuck and decided to just go explore. I found level d and started playing it. I think i used a key i acquired in level 6 on one of the locked blocks in level d. I found all 4 of the keys in level 6. Im stuck at the room after where you have to hammer a bunch of those whack a mole things and then push the block. Im in the room with a staircase, but its blocked by a locked block. Is there another key I missed or did I use it in level d?

If you used a key from a dungeon somewhere else, you can probably find the extra key in the dungeon you used the key in. I think you can buy a key somewhere in the quest, but they are expensive.

Hark
05-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Just beat your game.

I haven't download some of the Zelda quest in this website but I freaking loved "End of Time DX" had a blast with lots of cursing and sweating and frustations. Great job making ths game. Absolutely loved it. Congratulations and I really hope you could help me to learn making this quests. I would like to learn how.

Pineconn
05-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Hi, I'm stuck in level 4. I've gotten the whistle and made my way to the right part of the dungeon. I have however noticed that I cannot progress to the lower right area as I do not have a key to do so. I have checked the upper right area and the left side of the level and can find nothing. I have also checked the desert overworld for any other hidden entrances to the level (an AMAZING idea btw.... I love this quest so far). Anyone know if I missed a key or an entrance earlier in the dungeon. I've also checked any walls and blocks for any secrets and found nothing.

You should have found two keys in the upper-left area and three keys in the upper-right area. All the keys are in the dungeon. If you are still having problems, I'll try to be a bit more specific.

bobrocks95
05-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Just throwing this out there- my question was completely skipped over and ignored...

Pineconn
05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
...I blame the aliens!

The Armos statues should act like normal Armo statues. It sounds like it's a beta bug in this instance. You should be able to get the bracelet from touching the Armos in the Great Forest.

bobrocks95
05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
"Fixed the bug where 2.10 quests' Armos enemies had their type set to '(None)'."

Looks like I don't need to report it? I'll see if that fixed it...

EDIT: Meh, they fixed it. I don't get the save the day with a bug report :(

smeeg
05-25-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm stuck :( I've finished level 6. and can't seem to find the mirror shield (or whatever it is called) Help would be appreciated. In the last level i found the flippers and finished the optional quest D to get the master sword.

smeeg
05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
nevermind. i found it.

rangerdave44
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Ive really enjoyed this quest so far, however, im stuck in the truth cave. Im not sure I have enough magic to go all away around the spikes and get the key. The big problem is that I cant leave the cave until i get that key and so far ive died 68 times trying to accomplish this task in every didderent manner possible. Am I missing something?

Nicholas Steel
05-28-2010, 01:01 AM
There should be potion rooms as you travel through the dungeon where you can refill your magic etc.

rangerdave44
05-28-2010, 01:37 PM
yea but the problem is i already got it and died... i can make it to that first room with full heart containers and full magic and i still dont have enough... ive even tried to lose some hearts and just shortcut it. i can get so close but i lose magic and dhave to just guess and never make it...is that all i really missed?

Anthus
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Ive really enjoyed this quest so far, however, im stuck in the truth cave. Im not sure I have enough magic to go all away around the spikes and get the key. The big problem is that I cant leave the cave until i get that key and so far ive died 68 times trying to accomplish this task in every didderent manner possible. Am I missing something?

I had this same problem actually. I just tried to memorize where the spikes were. Since this quest was made in 2.10, there is no way to make a "refil room" with bushes that give just magic. If you use a special item/ chest for magic, then you can only get it once.

I don't understand though why you can't leave the truth cave though.

rangerdave44
05-29-2010, 12:11 AM
so i suppose without a cheat im forced to just restart... trust me ive tried to memorize them lol... I can see the spikes in the third room in my head, but I am always over steping it, and when im not im understepping it. Thus, my millitary bearing comes out and I just start to swear and have to leave it alone. This to me is equally as frusterating as level 5 on demo EX lol... Im sad now... I really dont want to restart. I just want to finish this cave... It makes me mad because I know this isnt too hard, i just dont have enough magic... :()

Moo2wo
05-29-2010, 09:36 AM
so i suppose without a cheat im forced to just restart... trust me ive tried to memorize them lol... I can see the spikes in the third room in my head, but I am always over steping it, and when im not im understepping it. Thus, my millitary bearing comes out and I just start to swear and have to leave it alone. This to me is equally as frusterating as level 5 on demo EX lol... Im sad now... I really dont want to restart. I just want to finish this cave... It makes me mad because I know this isnt too hard, i just dont have enough magic... :()

Bomb open the right wall on this screen.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1846/zelda167.png

There's a skeleton in the next room that sells Magic Jars.

rangerdave44
05-29-2010, 02:10 PM
I have but there is no point in wasting money when there are green vire like guys in rooms 2 and 3 that always reappear, are easy to dodge, and almost always drop magic... I feel kinda stupid though because with getting all the way to the spikes full up on everything... i should be able to accomplish someting :/... also the green vire only drops magic and never any rupees... at least in this cave... ive been stuck in there so long its like ive forgotten what the outside world is like lol... i think im going to restart lol... just a few more tries..

rangerdave44
05-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Stuck at thesame part... i had to of missed some magic somewhere before the cave... This is sad

Nicholas Steel
05-29-2010, 11:31 PM
But shouldn't you guys be able to go out of the cave/dungeon and find more magic jars? Or does the game keep resetting your position on death/continue to somewhere deep in the cave/dungeon? At the end there is some nice equipment so don't give up and don't despair!

rangerdave44
05-29-2010, 11:38 PM
no.. you just cant leave the cave at all until you get a key and fight a boss i think idk lol i havent got that far yet lol... and the word quit is not in my vocabulary lol i really like this quest! I will finish it! This cave is drivin me crazy though lol... i finished demo ex before i got through this cave... but i never thought in a million years i could beat demo ex, but i did, so i know i can do this if i just keep trying... Im like the little engine that could... except im not a train lol... more like the little ranger that could!

rangerdave44
05-30-2010, 12:34 AM
dear god i finally got the key... i found out what the problem was... because i died so much, whenever i got near the key i would get reaally excited and over do something... this brought on a new term ive coined as pre-mature excitement lol... ive never seen link so happy to hold up a key lol!

Nicholas Steel
05-30-2010, 05:37 AM
You just gotta be quick at analyzing the screen in a short amount of time, then you can just tap the button to use the lens for half a second to see if your on track periodically.

GMO
05-30-2010, 03:28 PM

I'm having the exact same problem. I think there was a way to buy keys, but I can't remember where it was, and they're 999 per key, I thought... :/

I dunno...I mean, I did a room by room search with the lens of truth, and I can't find a key. I didn't use any of the level 6 keys elsewhere. I did go and complete levels 7 and 8 and D, but that's because I couldn't find this last key, so I had 0 keys anyways.

GMO
05-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Gosh darn it...I think I may have just done that "solve the problem right after asking" thing again. I just dove and fell into a new room. :P It was the room where the lock block is in the way of the box you have to push to open the doors, where there are the 3 zoras. I was diving above that opening in the floor and fell through.

GMO
05-30-2010, 03:45 PM
What is the solution? Did you get sent a version of the quest for fix it?

rangerdave44
05-30-2010, 04:27 PM
youve just got to tap the lens button to get a general idea of your surroundings and just tap, walk as far as you can before you turn, tap it again etc... What franpa said is exactly right. Im at cave c right now :)

rangerdave44
05-30-2010, 04:33 PM
But shouldn't you guys be able to go out of the cave/dungeon and find more magic jars? Or does the game keep resetting your position on death/continue to somewhere deep in the cave/dungeon? At the end there is some nice equipment so don't give up and don't despair!

Wait a minute.... what equipment? I got the truth lense.... Is there more?

Pineconn
05-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Nah, there is just the Lens of Truth in that minidungeon. The "trick" is simply to use the Lens as little as possible to get through the four spike-filled rooms. You don't need to use it continuously -- that drains your magic too quickly.

ElRocco337
06-07-2010, 06:16 PM
So I've made it all the way to Level 8. I'm in the first room from the top on the first left-hand column of B3 with two mummies and 8 mirrors- two to the NE, two to the NW, two to the SE, and two the SW. There are two yellow blocks in my path that can't be dropped until the monsters are killed. I can kill the mummies with the wand to drop the blocks in the room, but I need a key to advance. I've gone through the entire dungeon and can't find this key. Any suggestions on keys I could have missed? I have the wand (but no book), map and compass. I've beaten the room with the 5 one-eyed crabs (after multiple f-bombs) and have seemingly visited every room in B1 and B2. It's been a fun quest.

Veretax
08-21-2010, 03:24 PM
yeah the spikes in the lens of truth dungeon (and the shutter to leave) made it so difficult my son asked me to reset his game. So I did. I think he went there too soon which made it doubly hard.

Pineconn
08-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Grr.... I don't know why I made that part so difficult. I'll think about making a newer version with a couple minor fixes, including that minidungeon.

Veretax
08-24-2010, 08:01 AM
which brings me to another question, are there no 'potion' shops in the game? I've yet to find the letter/mushroom whatever it is in this tileset to open up one. Any suggestions there?

Pineconn
08-24-2010, 12:08 PM
There are, don't worry. You can obtain the letter (which is a bottle) right before Level 5. The only potion shops of which I can think are on the southern stretch between the field and the desert (bombable cracks) and in the leftmost screen of the mountains with the background horizon/trees/clouds overview thing. You can also purchase a potion in Level 8 regardless if you have the letter.

Cyclone
09-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I am posting a little update to this thread with permission of Pinecomm, who actually was going to post it himself, but I said I would. This is not a mere gravedig.

For those having a hard time with Level D, I made up the maps and a little walkthrough for the dungeon. An observation I made is how the Keys are all found in linear fashion before you even go after the lock blocks.

With this, you will obtain the fabled Master Sword and your quest should be much easier. Of course, if you already completed the dungeon, or even the quest itself, you can ignore this post.

http://rapidshare.com/files/417680866/Level_D.zip.html

Cyclone

ReggieMcC
09-17-2010, 12:06 AM
Nevermind! I found the burnable tree. I swear I'd tried to burn it before and nothing happened. I must have been too far away or didn't get it just right.

Where did you find the burnable tree. I have looked all over but it is quite evident I missed it.:confused:

Pineconn
09-17-2010, 02:06 AM
It's a red tree two screens west of where you start. Burn it and you can enter Level 1.

And I should say that there is a NEW VERSION (http://armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=400) of EoT DX! It fixes quite a few things I've overlooked. Download it, or may your favorite sports team be as unsuccessful as the Pittsburgh Pirates!

DarkLink867
10-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Stuck in level 5, can't find the first key ._.

EDIT: Of course I figure it out as I ask, as usual <_<

Pineconn
10-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Heh. If you need any more help, please feel free to ask!

Cyclone
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
And I should say that there is a NEW VERSION (http://armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/viewquest.php?q=400) of EoT DX! It fixes quite a few things I've overlooked. Download it, or may your favorite sports team be as unsuccessful as the Pittsburgh Pirates!
This probably renders my Level D walkthrough useless, yes? :)

Cyclone

blubb
10-24-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm stuck in level 5. I haven't found the hammer yet and I've got 1 spare key. This is as far as I get: 83
I have to admit that I'm using a 2.5 beta (1318) because on my Win7 x64, 2.10 won't even start (tried all different compatibility modes/admin etc. - no success, the best I get is a flickering screen with just the Windows background. I guess it's because my monitor/graphics card doesn't support the ultra low-res 320x240 mode, at least 2.5 lets me choose 800x600).
I've used the lens in every room but didn't find anything like fake or bombable walls. So if it's a 2.5 bug and I should've seen something, then nevermind, I'll have to live with it (I don't have an older PC/monitor just for using 2.10).

EDIT: Typically, just a few minutes after writing this I found the hammer...

Nicholas Steel
10-25-2010, 08:40 AM
2.10 does let you play at 640x480, open the config file for it and set sbig=1 as well as the resolution to 640x480

blubb
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Ah, thanks for the info, I've got it finally working! (Though I had to start it first on Virtual PC Win 98 just so it wrote a config file and I could find out that the variables in question are "resx" and "resy" :D) But I've gotten too far in this quest to replay the whole game, so it'll be useful next time a quest requires 2.10.
I'm stuck in level 8 now, missing a key in B3 (see picture: 84). According to my map, I've visited each and every room in B1 and B2, and I even revisited them and killed all enemies in every room and used the lens of truth a lot, but still I can't find that one. In B3 I got 2 keys from after beating 3 dodongos and in a room with some blue wizzrobes and a wand-switch, but apparently that wasn't enough. The only room that's suspicious to me is that one here: 85 I don't really know what to do there. Even after killing all the enemies, no block can be moved.

Pineconn
10-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I bet that you're missing the key in the room below the one in the first picture. You have to push one of the blocks on the right side of the room to discover a stairway.

blubb
10-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Yeah, of course it was that one... Heh, cleverly hidden, I wouldn't have found it in 100 years.
I finished your quest now (18 deaths and 12:45) and really liked it a lot, maybe even more than your other one (LttH), anyway those two are the best ones I've played so far. Nice dungeons and overworld, puzzles were not too easy and not too hard and no unnecessary, "empty" overworld screens (Extra credit for not overusing those annoying white wizzrobes towards the end of long dungeons!) I think I'll 5 it on the main page.

I found all the heart containers and I think all the magic upgrades (found another one after posting the screens above), but I didn't find any bomb upgrade (are they really hidden that well or could it be a 2.5 issue?) and also didn't find the 3rd magic spell. Was there a golden mail in this version too? Because it's mentioned in the other End of Time thread. If yes then I didn't find that either.

Just some small points I was not too happy about:
- Random teleportation, which could become quite tedious if you had to blow the whistle like 15 times to be warped to the right tree (maybe 2.5 issue?). I found the solution you used in LttH much better.
- While I'm not against block puzzles and not even against many of them, I think it should be enough if you had to do them only once and the door would stay open for good then. Especially in level 8, where I was on key searching expedition, I had to do that same tedious puzzle with the two blocks which you have to move over a large pit maybe 10 times, where it got a little boring.

Pineconn
10-28-2010, 02:13 PM
I think there were two bomb upgrades, both in the Quartz Mountains — each you have to bomb something (a mountain wall and a rock, I believe) to get. Go back to the Quartz Mountains (the part that you used the flippers to access) and enter the cave that had a chest blocked off by a single retractable obstacle. The obstacle should now be down, so you can get the item in the chest — Nayru's Love. No gold mail.

There's not much I could do about your two problems. The first I could have remedied by doing it like LttH, but I decided to keep it like it was in the original EoT. By general rule, you can cycle among whistle warp locations in INCREASING order (1 -> 2 -> 3, etc) if you face to the right when blowing the whistle. You cycle among whistle warp lcations in DECREASING order (8 -> 7 -> 6, etc) if you face to the left.

When it comes to block puzzles, again, it was a poor design choice that was in the original EoT, so I kept them in EoT DX. (I also did this in LttH, unfortunately.) There is no conventional method of keeping the door open after completing block puzzles in 2.10. If I were to make a 3rd original quest, I'd be sure to make better design choices.

Thanks for enjoying EoT DX!

mesiah21
11-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Okay got a question. Seeing no one else is having trouble with this one. I must be missing something obvious here. In level 3. I have been in most rooms. I have gotten the treasure for the level yet. I am guessing it is the hookshot. I have almost been in all the rooms. I am have just got a key near where the boss room is. I have no idea where to use that key. There is one room I can't seem to get through. That is where I am thinking I need the hookshot, yet I don't know where it is and what I am missing. Any help would be appreciated...

Pineconn
11-15-2010, 02:16 AM
My guess is that you need to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8cmZf5FtBU#t=8m27s

StarWoors
11-30-2010, 12:10 AM
Question:

I'm playing this game in ZC 2.1 (Windows XP). Whenever I save my game and exit ZC then start the program up again I get an error message saying that the file for the custome quest game cannot be found. This happen everytime I start a game, save and exit ZC then come back, select my registered name then pressing enter to start. This never happens with any of the other non-custom quest games automatically included with ZC 2.1. Any Suggestions? :)

Daxor
01-29-2011, 09:10 PM
The Zelda end of time quest I can't find in the directory to play it. iT doesn't matter where I save it to or what I do it just won't be there can any one explain that!!!

Daxor
01-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I changed the save file so there is .qst at the end so now I can find it but in the description box it says error opening file and then I can't play still so I've tried finding help by google search but it isn't working so answer as fast as you can! I just tried to open a download quest in the Zquest and it said the problem was something to do with the header!!

heighlylikely
02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I changed the save file so there is .qst at the end so now I can find it but in the description box it says error opening file and then I can't play still so I've tried finding help by google search but it isn't working so answer as fast as you can! I just tried to open a download quest in the Zquest and it said the problem was something to do with the header!!

Are you using the correct version (2.10)?

Also, I am having a problem on level 8. In the room where there is a row of spikes along the top with two directional push blocks and buttons, as seen here http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?45313-End-of-Time-DX-Released&p=434353&highlight=level#post434353 , I can't get across the gap. I looked in Blamans LP on youtube, but the method he used there doesn't work for me so I'm assuming it was changed with the updated version. Can I get any hints on what needs to be done?

Pineconn
02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Hmm, I don't believe I changed it. You need to play the ocarina behind the leftmost torch, then walk up the walkway that appears and push the blocks. I just tested it and it worked fine.

heighlylikely
02-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Hmm, I don't believe I changed it. You need to play the ocarina behind the leftmost torch, then walk up the walkway that appears and push the blocks. I just tested it and it worked fine.

*facepalm* I knew I needed the ocarina and I saw the funny tile behind the column, yet somehow forgot that the ocarina needs to be played on specific tiles in this gmae to have any effect. I feel a bit stupid now. At least I can finish this now and get back to Light of the Heavens DX where I also stalled due to a problem (water isn't filling the gap I need to cross in Level 3 shortly before the boss. I have 4 keys, should I should have done everthing, but it isn't working.)

To daxor: I was just re-reading your post and it sounds like you were trying to open the .qst with Zquest? Because I think that's if you want to create/alter a quest. To play a quest, use zelda-w.exe or a similar sounding file. Let me know if that hekps.

Lugna1988
07-06-2011, 04:42 AM
That game is awesome, I just finished Level 8, but I can't find the last heart piece! Does anyone have a clue?

Pineconn
07-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Heart Piece, or Heart Container? There's a hidden Heart Container in Level 9. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.