PDA

View Full Version : Tatsunoku vs. Capcom

Anthus
03-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I borrowed this game from my neighbor, and played it for about three days before giving it back.

I wanted to borrow it based on my initial thought: "Here's another fighting game, that I probably won't like cause I hate fighting games where you have to memorize button combos (read: anything but Smash Bros)."

Well, I played it. I liked it quite a bit. I had a few reasons for giving this fighting game a chance: One, it was on the Wii. Two, I saw it at Anime Punch '09 (Japanese) and it just looked fun. Three, I figured I should probably at least try to get somewhat good at a fighter other than Brawl, which I'm hardly even that good at. I'll admit I only ran through arcade mode about twice, since I spent most of my time in training. So, I did not unlock Frank West, or Zero this time :[. On the same page, I didn't really buy any of the additional content, or anything either.

At first, I started playing with Ryu, and Viewtiful Joe. I switched Ryu out for Roll after a while cause I wanted a faster character, and it seems like no one uses her. Not to mention she can heal herself. Then, I switched Viewtiful Joe out for Megaman. I don't like that legends Megaman, he is slow in this game. I dunno why they didn't use the real Megaman :/. I also tried some of the Tatsunoku characters too. Jun the Swan was cool, and I forget the other one's name, but it was some humanoid ninja type thing. It was like, "Karas" or something.

Anyone else play it? Anyone recommend actually buying it? At this point, it seems cool, but I dunno if it is $50 dollars cool, especially given that I'm not really into fighting games.

vegeta1215
03-15-2010, 10:50 PM
I bought it the day it came out :D

However, I haven't played it much cause I'm still hooked on Fatal Frame IV. But I intend to start playing it again soon, and I think I'm gonna get the big joystick for it. I grew up playing fighting games in the arcades, and the VS games have been some of my favorites, with Marvel vs Capcom 2 being at the top of the list. To me, using a joystick is the only way to play. The buttons are a little different though. I'm not used to having only 3 attack buttons, and using an explicit partner button, but I'll get there. So far the game seems just as zany and crazy as MvsC2 though!