PDA

View Full Version : sideview and candle

Freedom
03-13-2010, 02:50 PM
sideview gravity and use of the candle is bugged
mine is set up with diagonal walking and big link.

fixing this should make your day L, as it will most surely bug the hell out of my near complete quest.
as it stands, I've made it work through careful screen design, but the candle simply doesn't work right in sideview.

If link faces up the candle shoots to the top of the screen like it was shot from a cannon
facing left it will trigger a flag
facing right it takes several tries before it triggers a flag, it wants to drop and fall under it
shooting down it lands at links feet

_L_
03-14-2010, 03:48 AM
Quite peculiar... I too have a quest that involves sideview candle use and diagonal movement, and the flame's physics seems to work fine... quite peculiar.

I guess this calls for a test quest.

Freedom
03-14-2010, 11:31 AM
L you've made it a point to argue about almost every bug I've reported, even bugs that I reported, Jman fixed, and then I confirmed fixed.
If you can't see the characteristics I described above with the candle, then so be it, I'm done reporting bugs and arguing with you.
Telling the truth around here gets ya labeled a "prick" and God knows I don't want to go through life being known as the prick who told the truth.
the disappearance of the user base here speaks for itself.

_L_
03-15-2010, 01:03 AM
So, what, you're just going to bite your lip and grimace at me until Gleeok or Joe123 or Saffith decide to pop in? Come on, let's be reasonable.

If I can't replicate a bug, then I don't know how to replicate a bug. This doesn't invalidate your report, or that the bug isn't there - it means that I don't have enough information to act on it.

Freedom
03-15-2010, 03:49 AM
Hell L you had the bug report I pulled up from ages ago where Jman fixed the bug I reported and I came back and confirmed it fixed, and still you swore up and down the feature never worked in the first place.
Now what do you expect me to say to that?

It's also funny that in the 1099 through the 1194 in side view if you face up and hit the candle it shoots to the top of the screen but it is has miraculously fixed itself in the 1200, after you bitched last night it didn't happen and then released a new beta.
What should I think of that?
I guess it was waiting for me to post a thread about it so it could fix itself and make me look the fool huh?

Yes, let us be reasonable....
You came in some years ago and basically took over ZC and have done as you please while putting the rest of us on hold.
I'm not saying you haven't made some nice progress and additions, but the fact is you put everyone else in a BOX.
they can't make quests because they have no stable version to make them in and you haven't given a flying fuck about that.
Reasonable?
what's reasonable, waiting another 5 years while you play?
This forum has damn near died, what's it gonna take for you to see the light?

Dark Nation
03-15-2010, 02:57 PM
It's likely that he couldn't reproduce the bug as it had been fixed unintentionally by one of the devs in one of the unreleased betas between 1194 and 1200.

Nicholas Steel
03-15-2010, 11:46 PM
So shouldn't you then check in the last released version and compare what happens against what happens in the latest unreleased code to check it hasn't morphed into something worse that's just biding its time, waiting to rise and show its face? D:

Joe123
04-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Appears to be working ok in the latest build, have you tested it in 1204 (or is that the one you were having issues in?) Freedom?

Freedom
04-07-2010, 10:14 PM
I released SwanSong ~Genesis in the 1200
I have a tileset going in 1204 but that's about it.

The players have all gotten through where the candle was an issue so I guess it can be put to rest for now.