PDA

View Full Version : One of my roommates

Pineconn
03-11-2010, 03:00 AM
...is a slob. He's from China, and today I've decided to take some webcam shots of his desk. You can seriously play an "I spy" game with it. Items of particular interest are the seeds? near the mug and the frilly blue thing in the third shot. Also notice how disgusting the surface of his desk is in the last one.

MasterSwordUltima
03-11-2010, 09:39 AM
Looks like just about every young college student to me. ;)

Anthus
03-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Eh, it's not that bad. Do you guys all have to share a bathroom with the entire floor? That is what I would be worried about.

Icey
03-11-2010, 02:52 PM
That doesn't look bad at all to me...

AtmaWeapon
03-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Man you would have hated for me to be your roommate. All I see there is a few wires and maybe 1 or 2 food items that should be thrown out. Not nasty so much as "lazy college student".

Are you a freshman or something? I was really bothered by dorm life for the first few months and then I kind of quit caring. I feel bad for getting the person over our dorm in trouble one night when I wrote a letter to the housing people about how ridiculous it was in the hall. Later, I went outside and had fun with the dudes in the hall and I miss those two years more than just about any other 2-year period in my life.

rock_nog
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Welcome to college, Pineconn. No offense, but you really are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Yeah, roommates are always difficult, and I don't know if I could ever stomach another one, but in the grand scheme of things, what you posted really doesn't seem all that bad. I had a roommate my freshman year who would make loud phone calls in Turkish at 1:00 in the morning (or even later). That was not fun, especially as I had an 8:30 class.

Brasel
03-12-2010, 11:49 AM
I had a roomate in the Army who left his hair on the floor after shaving his head. THATS gross.

Nathaniel
03-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Yep, welcome to college indeed. You will realize that many college students are the same sort of lazy irresponsible slobs. While I agree that what you showed isn't so bad, it doesn't take much of an effort to be better than that. I myself have a place for everything and everything in its place, with the exception of a mess of papers here and there that pile up from my work. I could be better about dusting and vacuuming more often, though.

Gerudo
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Apparently none of you have seen MY desk.

My opinion: This is my room, I keep my door shut for a reason. If it was in a high traffic area, it would be different.

Pineconn
03-13-2010, 03:12 AM
I'll agree those pics don't look too bad. They don't pick up the snot near the mug or the random... particles on the desk. And I didn't take pics of the shelving above and the floorspace below. It's... also bad.

But yeah, gotta live with it. He's up during the strangest of hours, snorts about every 2 minutes, and eats like he's never seen food before. Another roommate might as well be a female, because he seems to get into stupid drama every week. And he's a fan of 2800 pages on Facebook. And he's been through about 10 "girlfriends" since the beginning of the year. And the last one had a boyfriend the entire time. Heh heh. ... My other roommate (the Air Force ROTC guy, if you remember) is awesome and we're rooming again next year.

But this shouldn't be a thread about my complaining. Any other bad roommate/suitemate stories, anyone?

DarkFlameWolf
03-13-2010, 11:55 AM
My first roommate hated my guts and got all her friends to hate my guts too and some stuff on my side was stolen here and there. She also was selling dope and drugs out of our own dorm room, but stupid idiot smoked almost half her stash too. I hope she got raped, pregnant and died during the most excruciating childbirth. I know that's cruel, but she was a terrible roommate.

King Aquamentus
03-13-2010, 04:28 PM
...is a slob. He's from China, and today I've decided to take some webcam shots of his desk. You can seriously play an "I spy" game with it. Items of particular interest are the seeds? near the mug and the frilly blue thing in the third shot. Also notice how disgusting the surface of his desk is in the last one.

Looks fine to me. I think you just have high standards.

AtmaWeapon
03-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Story time.

My first roommate was awesome, the next one was so cruddy I begged housing to find a single room for me and got one. The next roommate was a no-show and I just started applying for single rooms after that.

Being by myself meant I got to be a real slob. I noticed that it smelled kind of bad near my computer one day, but didn't do anything about it for a few days. Then, I reached under the floor shelf for a powerade and found the source of the smell. A couple of weeks before I had finished a cup of ramen and placed the remains on that shelf to throw away later. By the time "later" came, I forgot about the cup of ramen, and because it wasn't in plain sight I forgot about it completely. Turns out old ramen smells like sweaty socks after a week or so.