PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, Ohio

Brasel
03-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm heading to Columbus this weekend to watch the Blues take on the Blue Jackets Saturday night. So a question for all you Ohio dwellers, what should I do during the day?

Pineconn
03-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Come to Ohio State. :p

Anthus
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, I personally like to ride my bike whenever it is nice outside... But I dunno. There's a lot of restaurants, and bars and stuff in the downtown area, and the short north is also teeming with shit to do. And, OSU is just north of that...

King Aquamentus
03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
This statement would probably hold more water if I actually lived in Ohio, but dammit I have to get it out there. Watch out in Ohio man. Reynoldsburg, especially. From people who've lived there, it sounds like hell trapped in time.

...If it's any consolation though, I *am* in the Saint Louis area. If you're going to watch the Blues play, that's worth something right?

Anthus
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Reynoldsburg? Bad? Pfft, yeah right. Who'd you hear that from? It's a bunch of poser whiny rich "gangster" wannabes and emos. It's like Bexley, but with less money. Ick. Plus, it's not even part of Columbus.

It's just some suburb, full of people who think they know what a "rough" neighborhood is.

EDIT: Not to mention, it is a good deal out of the way for someone headed to a hockey game given that the arena is situated in Northern downtown, and Reynoldsburg is far east.

EDIT 2: Not taking anything back, but maybe I was a bit harsh. Not everyone there is like that, but Reynoldsburg is hardly a "hell on earth".

moocow
03-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Reynoldsburg is SO not bad. I hang out there all the time, actually. I worked there for over a year. Not a bad area at all...

Besides, there's much more to do in downtown Columbus than there is in Reynoldsburg, so why even suggest it? lol. I agree with Anthus, walk the Short North. There's a lot of places to eat or have drinks or just random stores with random stuff to look at.