PDA

View Full Version : Opinion?

Tallon606
03-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I am new, and I have been making a quest for the past couple of days, and got stuck...But while looking at the overall quest design and layout, etc. I wanted to know if anyone would even *download* the quest. So could someone give me an opinion? It's far from complete but, I want to know if I should just drop Z.Q. right now, and just stick to playing the quests...

It uses Z.C. 2.50, build 1194 (Latest build)

P.S. It seems while typing this and attaching the file, it exceeded the forums KB limit... So, I do not know how to upload it... :shakeno:
So I could send it to whoever wants to test it, by e-mail?

Edit: Here are the download links.

Edit2: I took down the links.

Nicholas Steel
03-07-2010, 03:29 AM
www.mediafire.com (http://www.mediafire.com)
www.rapidshare.com (http://www.rapidshare.com)
www.megaupload.com (http://www.megaupload.com)

Try uploading it to all 3 file sharing services and edit the links into your first post as well as make a new post saying you have done so. Some people can have trouble with a particular file host which is why it is good to have it on multiple.

Tallon606
03-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I have added the links to the post.
Media Fire, would not upload the file, so I only got Mega Upload and Rapid Share.

Tallon606
03-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Can someone seriuosly give me feedback, please? I want to know if it is worth playing...

Anthus
03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I have not yet played it, but I'd suggest keeping it anyway. You will get better and better in terms of design and all that stuff. If your first quest is not the next masterpiece, you are not alone. In fact most people's first quests are somewhat unflattering. Plus, as long as YOU enjoy it, SOMEONE will enjoy it. I've been told, and kinda realized on my own that the best quest you can make is one that you enjoy playing. You will likely be most inspired if you go in a direction you want your way. Don't try too hard to mimic, or draw from the designs of others, or you'll probably end up disappointed.

I may give it a go when I have a bit more time tomorrow, but I would like to encourage you (or any new builder) to just keep on trying.

Tallon606
03-09-2010, 02:20 AM
Well then I'll continue my quest. It only has about 1 hour of game play, so far, if you die...a lot... I am still kind of working on the story, and I am about 45% done in all...Maybe less...I don't know...Lol. And it has a few cool tricks and stuff (In my opinion, anyway.), but it doesn't have all the tricks in the book, and it doesn't have any *major* things...But it's still fun! :D Well, thanks for the inspiration. :D

Also I remember playing a quest from one of my most favorite authors... It got 1 and a half heart/rating... It's "Wolf Style" by Dark Flame Wolf, But I still like that quest. So I can see where you are coming from. :p And I like all of his other quests too! Lol.

P.S. Feel free to correct me if I make any mistakes in my grammar, punctuation, etc...

Tallon606
03-19-2010, 03:44 PM
So that's it? No one is going to tell me if I did anything good, for what little I did do?

Freedom
03-20-2010, 02:56 AM
One problem is it's rar file, not all of use use that, try zip
another is.... put some screen shots up.
Do you have any idea how many people have come through here in the past and made a few screens and then released it wanting an opinion?
after a while people don't even bother looking at them, because basically it's nothing new.

Tallon606
03-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Okay, first of all, If it is nothing new (Which I would like to know!) then I will probably not continue it anyway, plus once you download it, it'll take like 5 minutes to complete, tops, and I don't even know how to post screen shots, and (Even after un-installing the program that makes them into .rar) my computer will NOT make it a .zip file...

P.S. I am re-doing it any way, because I do not like the quest. So, even if you did tell me your opinion on it, it wouldn't matter now...

Tallon606
03-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Also, I edited the first post and took down the links.