PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins

Brasel
03-05-2010, 03:26 PM
So I beat Dragon Age: Origins a couple days ago. I got it for PS3 despite the reviews stating the PC version was superior. I wanted something to play on my couch on my TV rather than sit on my computer chair all night playing a game.

The game was great. I really enjoyed it and even started a new game immediately after finishing it. I haven't downloaded any additional content yet, and I hear that the additional content won't be available in the expansion pack thats coming out. Has anyone else played this? More specifically, has anyone else played the additional content? Is it worth the purchase?

Nicholas Steel
03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
I've got it on PC and beaten it, currently waiting on the v1.03 patch before replaying it though. Hopefully fixes the extremely long load times we get after extended playing periods.

Dark Knight
03-06-2010, 02:06 AM
The game is fun but I have to play it in steps (no, I have not beaten it) because it's one of those games I have to really be in the mood for. The story is great so far and Alistair is a hoot. The gameplay sometimes puts me off though. If I play it on Easy, the battles are pathetic. If I play it on Normal the battles are a bit tedious at times and the AI is sometimes retarded. I really wish that my party members would leave the area I have set up for a powerful AoE spell to go off but instead they will run headlong into it. This is sometimes amusing, watching my party run headlong into the hellish firestorm or blizzard currently raging. Not even telling my party to halt works 100% of the time as they will chase anything down within "aggro" range. I have the Shale and Blood Dragon armor content as well as some content I decided to create using the tool-set to just mess around. I don't use these items very often as they can be classified as "game breaking". They're just experiments to get accustomed to how the tool set works. I am quite pleased with the "mature" way relationships are handled (unlike Fable's "fuck anything provided you have the proper expressions or gifts" approach) as well.

Nicholas Steel
03-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Try changing your characters behavior in the tactics window. The default follows the players order without avoiding AoE spells.

ShadowTiger
03-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I suppose I got quite far, but then my save data was somehow erased. Got kinda bummed out. I can probably restore some of my progress using the cheat tools, I think. It's worth a try. Spent so many hours getting to where I left off.

Awesome game though. Absolutely.