PDA

View Full Version : My Sword Won't Work....?

alex_love29
02-28-2010, 12:36 PM
in my effort to create a regular sword with no beam, i have created a magic enemy freezing beam that does no damage. allow me to explain...

what i want:
a sword that does 2 damage, with no beam. just a normal, slashing, stabbing sword. also i have the item message script on this sword, to make it so when you get the sword it says "You Got The Sword! ect, ect, ect..." to make it fancy.

what i have set:
beam hearts are at 200% beam damage is at 0, sword damage is at 2, the script is set, and all of the sprites are set correctly.

What i have (?)
when you pick up the sword, the message plays (good) and sets it to the A button (good), and can be set to the B button via subscreen (good). BUT... when ever you use OPPOSITE button that the sword is set to, the string plays again (not good). when you use the sword, there are no slashing or stabbing sprites (not good), there is a beam (not good) and is doesnt do damage to enemies, it just freezes them, like it was the boomerang (not good) i would really like to know WHY this is happening. any help?

Nicholas Steel
02-28-2010, 10:24 PM
What version of Zelda Classic? if it is from http://shardstorm.com/ then try updating to the latest version and if it still occurs, post a bug in the appropriate beta bug reporting section of this forum.

alex_love29
03-01-2010, 07:31 PM
it is the lastest beta so im thinking its a bug

bradsmokes
05-11-2010, 05:33 AM
sounds good to me