PDA

View Full Version : More trouble with Dodongos in tight spaces

Saffith
02-19-2010, 07:26 PM
This poor Dodongo has been afflicted with a terrible birth defect.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3544/dodongot.png

It's a BS Dodongo, incidentally.

XMuppetSB
02-19-2010, 10:33 PM
^Hey! That's my tech demo!:p
Anyway, yeah, I've also had this problem with the BS Dodongo glitch in sideview gravity in which they would get stuck at walls that are not 100% solid. I'm not sure why they get stuck in tight space, and I'm not sure why they turn into a glitch whenever they get stuck.

XMuppetSB
03-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Is this still happening in the latest build?

Gleeok
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
So what happens is it sees that it could go up into the tile cove there, but once it gets there it can't turn back around because the only length of walkability left is only 2 tiles worth and they are both inhabited by it's body.? Hmm.. Why doesn't it just flip directions in that case and recheck solid tiles again? ..(Not sure how that code works)

XMuppetSB
06-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, a similar incident happened while I was once again playing through Level 8 in the Fourth Quest. I entered the Boss Room and I noticed that one the NES Dodongos was stuck between the far right statue in the middle row of tiles, and the right wall; it could not move, its head was missing, and it prevented from defeating it!
(Sorry to bring this back up again, but is there anything that can be done about these dreaded Dodongo glitches?)

Saffith
06-26-2010, 11:26 PM
The enemy spawning code just needs modified to account for them, I suppose. They're a special case - every other enemy, I think, either is 1x1, ignores walkability, or appears in a fixed location.

Hot Water Music
06-27-2010, 04:52 AM
^Hey! That's my tech demo!:p
Anyway, yeah, I've also had this problem with the BS Dodongo glitch in sideview gravity in which they would get stuck at walls that are not 100% solid. I'm not sure why they get stuck in tight space, and I'm not sure why they turn into a glitch whenever they get stuck.

Off topic, but where can I get your tech demo?

XMuppetSB
06-27-2010, 01:10 PM
See the blue link in my signature? It leads to where I host my tech demo.

Dark Nation
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Is this still happening? I just created a test that had some BS Dogongos in 1-column and 1-row spots and they work fine.

majaczek
11-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Dark nation, it isn't enough for bug to occur
it needs be something like this

XXX
XOX
OOO

where X is unwalkable tile and O is walkable tile

and it happens when horizontal dodongo turns up into such a trap (or perhaps just spawns on certain field of such pattern)

EDIT: anywhere it may be fixed, i haven't tested it well ever