PDA

View Full Version : What's Orion been up to?

Orion
02-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Well, recent lay-offs have given me the opportunity and time to tinker with ZC again, so I though I'd try to work on a quest that I started over 5 years ago. It's coming along nicely, but I thought I'd slap some quick screen grabs up.

It's called the Midas Quest, it uses the LTTP tileset, and will have 9 dungeons, 7 overworld-sized areas, set up in an MMO fashion. Heart pieces, weapon upgrades, spells, etc. won't be just randomly hidden throughout the game. I'm hoping to have over 50 quests for you to play alongside the 9 dungeons, which can (more or less) be played in any order.

That is all.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4064/4364061653_2513d74d17_o.jpg

Yapollo
02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Sorry about your job, but good luck with your quest. The screenshots look great, and your overview of the game makes it sound like a nice long game. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Anthus
02-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Seeing as how ALttP is my favorite game, I like this idea. To be honest though, I always thought that just ALttP graphics by themselves in ZC looked a bit empty. Mainly 'cause ZC has a much smaller screen size than AlttP, making them seem larger, and therefore more spread out and emptier.

Yapollo
02-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Seeing as how ALttP is my favorite game, I like this idea. To be honest though, I always thought that just ALttP graphics by themselves in ZC looked a bit empty. Mainly 'cause ZC has a much smaller screen size than AlttP, making them seem larger, and therefore more spread out and emptier.

I agree. The LttP tileset is one of my favorite ZC tilesets, but it is awkward using it because of the screens of ZC, which are modeled after Zelda 1. I, therefore, have quests that use it efficiently to be among my favorites. Which again, I wish Orion good luck on this quest that I am very eager to try.