PDA

View Full Version : ZC & Nintendo

LinkMaster500
02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
I know that on the sticky thread FAQs, regarding whether or not Nintendo knows about ZC, it reads that "Nintendo officially does not care about fan projects as long as they are not for profit," but if you know the answer, can you tell me how you know that is Nintendo's official stance on Zelda Classic and other fan-made games?

I also have a question for the ZC developers. Has there ever been any communication of any kind between Nintendo and ZC developers?

Anthus
02-15-2010, 10:08 PM
ZC was referenced in a magazine once, I believe. Dunno the details, but Nintendo probably found out that way. I don't think the devs have spoken with Nintendo at all.

LinkMaster500
02-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Yes it was. There was a snipit of Zelda Classic featured in Electronic Gaming Monthly. I know that ZC was also featured on an episode of an all show called "The Screen Savers" on TechTV (now G4). I was wondering if Nintendo of America has made any official remarks or statements concering Zelda Classic and its legal status.

SpykStorm
02-16-2010, 09:15 PM
I was wondering if Nintendo of America has made any official remarks or statements concering Zelda Classic and its legal status

I don't believe so. If they did, we would know about it.

Anthus
02-17-2010, 02:15 AM
As long as ZC continues to fall under the label of "Non-profit fan game" they have stated that they don't care. I'm pretty sure they have not made any remarks towards ZC directly.