PDA

View Full Version : Boss Music

darksarcasm01
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Ok, so I read the tutorial about how to make boss music. I made a separate DMap that is an exact replica of the dungeon, except the title of the map says "[enemy] BATTLE." That's the only difference. I made the side warps and everything, and it all works perfectly, EXCEPT if you die during the boss battle, you get sent back to the same room. I want it to send you back to the beginning of the dungeon. I don't know why it's doing this, because I'm definitely putting the same continue coordinates as the original DMap.

Can anyone help me?

sps999
02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Make sure the "Continue Here" is NOT checked because you'll continue in the boss Dmap then. If that does not work, check your Screen Data settings and check the "Don't Continue Here" box, but if you change the Dmap you probably won't have to do that.

darksarcasm01
02-11-2010, 09:48 PM
No, it's not checked either. And I don't see the "Don't Continue Here" option either. I'm running v2.1 would that make a difference, or am I not looking in the right spot?

sps999
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh, I haven't used 2.1 in so long, Idk what to tell you. It depends on what kind of side warp you have also, if it is Entrance/Exit then that might pose a problem. It probably isn't it but it's worth a shot I guess.

darksarcasm01
02-11-2010, 10:04 PM
It's a scrolling warp

Pineconn
02-12-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm pretty sure that's about as well as you can do. 2.10, unfortunately, sets a side warp as a continue point, so you can't do what you want to do. (At least I'm pretty sure you can't. I've just accepted it.) About the only way, as I can see, that you can go back to the beginning of the dungeon is if you save in the boss room. This is the way I've done it in Link to the Heavens (and my working quest), and I've received no complaints.

darksarcasm01
02-12-2010, 01:07 AM
That's disappointing :(
You're sure there's no other way?

darksarcasm01
02-12-2010, 01:27 AM
That's disappointing :(
You're sure there's no other way?

Anthus
02-15-2010, 11:43 PM
Hmm. If you want to continue at the beginning of the dungeon, you could always try and have the "contunue" on the boss map set to a third identical room which would insta warp, or time warp you to the start. To put it another way, if Link dies in the boss room, he does not continue on that screen, but another one, which then warps him to the start. You could even use a black screen instead of a third boss screen to get rid of that "jump". I dunno if this will work, to be honest, I just kind of thought of it. Mainly, cause I don't remember if 2.10's "continue" coordinates can be different from the initial coordinates you enter the d-map from.