PDA

View Full Version : what was the last game you bought?

mikesleeve
02-08-2010, 02:34 AM
Hi everyone,

I bought a couple of weeks ago,
resistance: fall of man.

And you?

DarkFlameWolf
02-08-2010, 07:43 AM
I bought Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. I rather enjoyed it. It was such a radical departure from anything Square Enix has done that it was unique and it stood out because of it trying new and different things.

vegeta1215
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I haven't played it much yet though, cause I'm working on Fatal Frame IV for the Wii. I also have A Boy and His Blob, The Munchables, and a few others in my back log.

Nicholas Steel
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Yesterday, I bought for PC

The Settlers - Rise of an Empire
CnC 3 expansion
World of Goo

Aegix Drakan
02-08-2010, 01:59 PM
No more Heroes 2. Got it last week.

I bought Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers. I rather enjoyed it. It was such a radical departure from anything Square Enix has done that it was unique and it stood out because of it trying new and different things.

Agreed. It's REALLY well done and unique. I spend at least 10 hours of game time just messing around in the world. And there's still stuff I haven't done!

MottZilla
02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
The last game I bought was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. And before that I think it went a whole year back and the game I bought before CoD was Gears of War 2. Just not a whole lot out to make me that interested in playing new games currently.

Yapollo
02-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I recently bought Medal of Honor Heros 2, but I am expecting to get something soon.

AtmaWeapon
02-08-2010, 11:02 PM
BioShock 2. Before that Borderlands. Before that Assassin's Creed 2. Assassin's Creed 2 is unplayed, BioShock 2 is being shipped and will be played next. I keep track here (http://backloggery.com/sittenspynne).

Darth Marsden
02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Far Cry 1, Titan Quest Gold and Caster, all on Steam. I've spent a surprising amount of money on Steam as of late. Too many good deals.

*b*
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
MAG, for PS3. Still trying to get used to the fact you can't invert the X and Y axis separately, which is backwards for every other game I've ever played.. but it's a lot of fun. Assassin's Creed II is currently occupying my time, though, which is my previous buy.

Anthus
02-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Agreed. It's REALLY well done and unique. I spend at least 10 hours of game time just messing around in the world. And there's still stuff I haven't done!

I've been meaning to try this game. I really liked Echoes of time, but never got to finish it. I love a good action RPG. There aren't too many released now a days though.

The last game I bought was.. I think New Super Mario Bros Wii. Before that, Assassin's Creed 2 (which is fun, but I've yet to finish). I have been considering getting either Tatsunoku Vs. Capcom, Darksiders (I hear it is similar to Zelda), or FFCC: Crystal Bearers. Funds are a bit tight, so it'll probably be one at a time. It's between the last two more than anything since I'm not seriously into fighting games; it just looks cool.

peteraxis
04-19-2010, 02:15 AM
just bought Ratchet Deadlocked two days ago. havent played it yet. will do after i finish my crash

Darth Marsden
04-19-2010, 06:13 PM
The first three Commando games, via Steam. I didn't even want them that much, but they were just so cheap! Damn you Steam! DAMN YOU!

rockgangster
05-11-2010, 04:10 AM
Two days before I bought "left 4 death" game....Its a super game....I think I bought right think....!

Aliem
05-11-2010, 04:55 AM
Final Fantasy XIII and Grand Theft Auto 4. Neither are thrilling me terribly much yet.

Beldaran
05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Yesterday I got Call of Juarez for PS3 and I really love it. I'm a huge nut for historical games, of nearly any genre.

penkenny
05-26-2010, 04:47 AM
I bought Assassin's creed 2 last week.

rock_nog
05-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Last game I bought was GTA: San Andreas, bought it because it was on sale on Steam.

Darth Marsden
05-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Clive Barker's Jerico for the PC, because it was £1.98. Still haven't opened the box.

Cloral
05-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Mario Galaxy 2 on Monday. Before that it was FF13 and before that was Darksiders. That's my total purchases for the year so far.

Daarkseid
05-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Resident Evil 5. I haven't played very far into it, yet though, because I'm absolutely dog shit when it comes to aiming with an analog stick. It does not help that I've previously been spoiled by RE4: Wii editions wiimote aiming. It also doesn't help that for the 6 previous months the only game I played on my 360 was Fallout 3, often times in third person mode, so when playing RE5 initially, I kept trying to play it like Fallout 3, which was jarring to say the least. Then some asshole shows up and kills me with a giant fucking ax.

Darth Marsden
05-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Try playing Assassin's Creed, then go back to PoP Sands of Time. That's weird.

pirataye
06-29-2010, 11:33 PM
Borderlands, bought it last month.

Darth Marsden
06-30-2010, 02:32 AM
A whole fuckload of games, thanks to the Steam summer sale. I've picked up (in no particular order):

LeChuck's Revenge (Pre-Order), Bad Rats, Culpa Innate, GTA: Episodes from Liberty City, Ghost Master, NecroVisioN, Second Sight, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, Zeno Clash.

I'm sure I'll be buying more before the sale's over, but that depends on what's on offer, really.

DigiPro31279
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Mario Kart Wii. Just got it off Layaway at Kmart.

mrz84
07-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Valkyrie Profile 2, Innocent Life, DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2. All PS2. Used at blockbuster for $10 each and they work perfectly and are awesome. :kawaii:

Darth Marsden
07-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Just picked up Mario Kart DS for about 15 Euros, which is about $15. Not a bad price!

DigiPro31279
07-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Smackdown vs RAW 2010

mrz84
08-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Just picked up Dragon Quest 9 5 days after it was released. Been playing it for 100+ hours now and just finished the game last night. Awesome game and I STILL haven't donw everything in it yet. :kitty:

liza2010
08-27-2010, 08:10 AM
Now a days i am playing world of warcraft than i have bought a wow account......and i am enjoying it..!!!!

King Link
08-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Resident Evil 5 and Super Street Fighter IV. I picked them up recently. I had worked my way halfway through RE5 a long time ago when I rented it, so I picked i up again. I like playing it co-op the best.

Anthus
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Spirit Tracks. I bought it about six weeks ago. Still haven't finished it. I got past the Sand Temple, and just haven't gotten around to doing the next leg of the Spirit Tower yet.

ErikFox
09-02-2010, 07:38 AM
I bought Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days few weeks back. It’s an amazing game. The good news is, its better than the previous installment :D

Mike2010
10-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Yester I bought Street fighter 4, but I didn’t started yet. I will hope to start on tonight.

MottZilla
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM
I bought Final Fantasy IV for DS last night. Came across it in a computer store that I'm guessing most don't buy their games from which would explain why such an old and likely out of print DS game would be there. I recently decided to give FF4DS another shot after initially writing it off for various reasons like the graphics were not what I wanted and they have beautiful FMV that just made me want a PSP pr PS3 version of FF4. But after giving it a chance I'd say the graphics are just fine and the game overall should be fun to play through.

Darth Marsden
10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands for the PS3. Well, I'd already got a PS3 code for Prince of Persia Classic, and I thought "Why not get the PS3 game to go with it?" Also recently picked up PoP'08 and the PS3 Ratchet and Clanks, as well as Tales of Monkey Island on Steam (despite owning the collectors edition on DVD!) because it was so cheap. Stupid Steam sales...

And yeah, FF4DS is pretty good. I rented it a while back, so I got as far as getting the herb to cure your girlfriend before I returned it. Picked it up later for about £10. Worth it.

Incidentally, my last post here I mentioned getting Mario Kart DS... never did. I'd eBay'd it, but it never arrived, so I had to get a refund. First time that's ever happened. Still, when the seller doesn't respond to your "Where's my game" messages, there's little else you can do, really.

vegeta1215
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey Darth, how is Forgotten Sands on PS3? I'm heard various opinions over which version of TFS is better, Wii or PS3/360. I'm curious what you think having written a big guide for the Wii version.

Beldaran
10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I just got Dragon Age: Origins for PS3. It's awesome.

Brasel
10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
That's the only new game I've gotten really into in a long time.

Dragon Age Origins was a helluva lot of fun. I started the expansion, but never finished that one. I wasn't as hooked with it's story as I was with the original.

gdorf
11-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I haven't had any money for games lately, so I've been finding anything free worth playing.

In the last few weeks I played through Cave Story again (getting the best ending is VERY hard) and I played a game call Battleships Forever which was pretty fun.

Darth Marsden
11-16-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Darth, how is Forgotten Sands on PS3? I'm heard various opinions over which version of TFS is better, Wii or PS3/360. I'm curious what you think having written a big guide for the Wii version.
Can't believe I missed this! But both games have their positives. The Wii version feels more like the 2008 Prince of Persia than any of the Sands of Time series. There's the one-button jumping, the lway the game heads back on itself at times, the dialogue between the Prince and his genie, the lackluster combat... I could go on. The story's actualy pretty good, and that's generally why I've played through it a half-dozen times (well, that and the guide). It's not a bad game, it just has a hard time feeling like a Prince of Persia game at times.

The PC/S3/60 version feels much more like the rest of the Sands of Time series, having virtually identical controls, though there are several points of note. The music is good as always, the graphics are impressive (except for the Prince himself, who now looks like a football hooligan), the level design is pretty good (if a little illogical when thought about in real-world terms) and the voicework is generally acceptable.* The story, on the other hand, is complete balls, and there's little to no replayability factor, so now I've got the Platinum trophy I doubt I'll ever play it again.

In short - they're both above average games, but neither is better then the other. And they're both worse then the other games in the Sands of Time series.

Anyway. Latest game I bought was Wolfenstein 2009, which cost me a grand total of 99p. Brand new. Not sure why it was reduced from £10, but I'm sure I'll find out when I start playing it.

* Taken from my review, viewable at my site sithlordrising.blogspot.com

vegeta1215
11-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Can't believe I missed this! But both games have their positives. The Wii version feels more like the 2008 Prince of Persia than any of the Sands of Time series. There's the one-button jumping, the lway the game heads back on itself at times, the dialogue between the Prince and his genie, the lackluster combat... I could go on. The story's actualy pretty good, and that's generally why I've played through it a half-dozen times (well, that and the guide). It's not a bad game, it just has a hard time feeling like a Prince of Persia game at times.

Really? Wow. I thought The Forgotten Sands on the Wii felt very much like the Sands of Time trilogy. The fighting, the atmosphere, the banter between the genie and The Prince, the creation powers, it all felt good. And even though there wasn't much of a story, the way he got his powers and how he got revived (in lieu of rewind powers) made sense. It probably didn't hurt that I played the game with the SoT skin on the Prince most of the time :)

I haven't played the PS3/360 one, but I heard a little about the story, and The Prince getting back his rewind sands powers breaks continuity with the other games to me. Also, I've seen videos of the game where you're fighting hordes of enemies, and that just looks out of place. Maybe I'll try it someday, but I was very pleased with the Wii version.

btw, back on topic. I'm almost finished Muramasa: The Demon Blade. I just forged the Oboro Muramasa and am about to get the 3rd endings, but want to get all the accessories and beat the enemy lair challenges first. I also just got Kirby's Epic Yarn, and it is pretty neat so far. It is easy, but it is very relaxing and fun to watch cause of all the yarn effects.

Darth Marsden
11-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Really? Wow. I thought The Forgotten Sands on the Wii felt very much like the Sands of Time trilogy. The fighting, the atmosphere, the banter between the genie and The Prince, the creation powers, it all felt good. And even though there wasn't much of a story, the way he got his powers and how he got revived (in lieu of rewind powers) made sense. It probably didn't hurt that I played the game with the SoT skin on the Prince most of the time :)Ah, see, that's where we differ. I play with the Two Thrones skin (y'know, the one that actually lets the Prince move his mouth when he talks). But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine. Do give the PS/360 version a go if you get the chance, though I'd suggest a rental rather than a purchase. It's rather short. :(

Darth Marsden
12-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Alien vs Predator, via the Steam sale, for £3.75. I look forward to being concussed by falling luggage.

Darth Marsden
01-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Uno on the Ps3 for, wait for it, 79p.

I know a bargain when I see one!

bigjoe
01-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Super Mario Galaxy 2. Having the most fun I've had in a long time.

Cloral
01-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Yeah, Galaxy 2 is quite a blast.

I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns on Friday. I haven't had a chance to play it yet as I've been busy this weekend, but will probably get to it sometime next week.

vegeta1215
01-24-2011, 10:10 AM
Yeah, Galaxy 2 is quite a blast.

I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns on Friday. I haven't had a chance to play it yet as I've been busy this weekend, but will probably get to it sometime next week.

I got DKC:R for Christmas. Man, what a great game. It will definitely challenge you. I beat the game the other day, and am now going back to collect all the KONG letters and puzzles pieces. It feels different than the original in ways, but I think all the changes were good choices, as things can't be exactly like they were over a decade ago. Some people ask how it compares to NSMB Wii - in my opinion there is no comparison. NSMB Wii was a good game, but this is even better, and not a game for kids or the family.

Cloral
01-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah, I think Retro have proved once again that they simply make good games. I'm two worlds in now, and I have to agree with you that the levels thus far are better than Rare's effort. The gameplay is straightforward but engaging and fun, and the graphics are really nice for a Wii title.

Darth Marsden
01-27-2011, 05:47 AM
Let's see if I can remember... I think it was A Bug's Life, Peter Pan: Adventure in Neverland and TV Show King on the PS3. Names might be a bit off, but you get the idea. Cost about £3 for the lot, since they were on sale.

vegeta1215
01-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I think Retro have proved once again that they simply make good games. I'm two worlds in now, and I have to agree with you that the levels thus far are better than Rare's effort. The gameplay is straightforward but engaging and fun, and the graphics are really nice for a Wii title.

Retro definitely makes good games.

I wouldn't say the level design is strictly better, but it's very different. A lot of it has to do with the changes in gameplay. Donkey Kong feels the same to me in everything except his roll, which now gives you more momentum to make some long jumps. And since Diddy acts more like a hover power-up than a 2nd playable characters (who originally felt different than DK), you have to structure the levels around those mechanics. Not too mention the camera is pulled back a bit, so the tightness of the levels in the originals wouldn't work in this one. That aside there are so many cool platforming ideas in the levels to come. OH! And wait until you play the K levels... I just beat 6-K last night, after dying like 20 times. All I can say is, "death to electrified humming birds!" ;)

Darth Marsden
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Hydrophobia, which has some of the most horrific voice acting I've ever heard in a video game.

DJ91990
02-20-2011, 11:27 PM
The last game that I have bought, well I don't have a last "game" but I do have "games."

Gamestop was doing a buy two get one free sale on used games. The used games that I bought were;
Resonance of Fate
Eternal Sonata
and Crackdown 2