PDA

View Full Version : Game you're playing. How far you are.

mikesleeve
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
The secret of monkey island 2nd big task (finding the tresure)

I dunno what to do ... dont tell me just hint meh... please oh and peeps everyone should do this with the game there playing it can be helpful and fun (sounds like a retarded dork) So could anyone tip me on monkey island and ill help as will other people hopefully on your problems

Aegix Drakan
02-08-2010, 11:29 AM
No more heroes 2: I'm rank 24, I think.

Mirror's edge: Beating it a second time. Going or that Hard mode tophy, and hopefully I can get the "test of faith" trophy too (go through the whole game without shooting anyone)

Sands of Destruction: About 3/4 of the way through the game.

(ZC): Hero of dreams: Going for triforce piece #4.

:P Next on my list of games to play is either Arkham Asylum, or Bioshock.

Brasel
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
In New Super Mario Bros. Wii I am working on collecting all the Star Coins (I'm finished with Worlds 1 - 4) and beating the levels in world 9.

I'm also playing through Final Fantasy Tactics again and trying to master all the job classes with all of my generic characters. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about Summoner yet with the Zodiac Summon. I should have started playing around with the missions from the taverns, but I didn't think about it until I was in Chapter 3.

Yapollo
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Currently I am playing through the Medal of Honor games on the Gamecube, and MoH Heros 2. I'm going for all medals.

I am playing Brawl, trying to nail those difficult tropheys (and Brawling with people of course)

I almost have all the golds in Mario Kart (save mirror special cup), and I am trying to get star rank overall.

ZC games (I am not playing any one in particular)

Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga: third (or fourth?) playthrough, for no reason what-so-ever.

AtmaWeapon
02-08-2010, 11:09 PM
My backloggery (http://backloggery.com/sittenspynne) is a kind of live update, but here's my status.

I was playing Borderlands last night and realized I was bored with it. I was 75% through the 2nd playthrough as Hunter and was about 20% done with a Soldier and Siren run, but it turns out I really only like to play as a sniper. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot to make me want to do the same quests 8 times over. I hear there's some new DLC in the pipe; I might come back to it for achievement completion when that comes out.

Lately I've been revisiting Braid; I never really finished it because I probably was in the middle of it when I got Fallout 3. BioShock 2 is on the way, and I might finish Braid in time. Assassin's Creed 2 is for after BioShock 2.

Chrono Trigger DS is also occupying some of my time.

Pineconn
02-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Randomly I started playing Metroid Prime 3 again (on Veteran). Got to the beginning of Bryyo in a sitting. Otherwise I'm working on my quest.

Darth Marsden
02-10-2010, 02:46 PM
At the moment, it's just Psychonauts, which I was playing before I had to reformat my PC (again), only to realize that my save game was corrupt somehow and I needed to start from the beginning again. Progress through that has been slow.

Once I'm done re-installing everything though, I'll be playing through:

Assassin's Creed (I'm at the start of Memory Block 3, trying to find all the flags/templars in the map before moving on to Acre)
Dead Space (Chapter 5, I think? The one where you return to the medical sector, whichwver chapter that was)
Psychonauts (I've just finished Milla's Levitation training and I'm making sure I've found all the hidden cards around the camp before heading back to Sasha's lab)
Saints Row 2 (I didn't get particularly far into that, so I'll be starting from scratch, wishing I could import my own tunes as a radio station ala GTA)

Also, if I can get it working, I'll be playing through FEAR 2: Project Origin, since I've recently finished the first game and both its expansions.

Nicholas Steel
02-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Zelda: Majoras Mask - Ikana Canyon
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Masters Quest) - Shadow/Spirit temple
Mario Sunshine - 59 stars

Aegix Drakan
02-12-2010, 02:58 PM
:P Got my gold trophy for finishing mirror's edge on hard, and I polished off No more heroes 2.

Now, It's on to Bioshock and Godfather2.

I've only played about an hour of bioshock so far, but MAAAAAN am I hooked. Burning creeps is so fun. :P

bigjoe
02-13-2010, 05:09 AM
Finally getting around to a couple I missed out on.

Half Life 2: A good ways into the part where you start fighting striders. Don't remember the exact name of where I'm at but I'm sure its within City 17.

Chrono Cross: The part where you get the boat.

Aliem
02-13-2010, 06:25 AM
I recently restarted Super Mario 64 on a whim, and am at 83 stars so far. I'd also started a Morrowind speed run last week, and managed to finish that in just over a half hour.

Anthus
02-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Hm.

Eternal Sonata (360) - Beat main game, playing through the extra dungeon, Mysterious Unison now.

New Super Mario Bros Wii - Beat main game. Only need a few more star coins from worlds seven, and nine.

I've also been paying OoT: Master Quest on and off. I also finally got all 1,000 Lums in Rayman 2 (N64). Yes, there are 1,000 Lums. There is a hidden one in Tomb of the Ancients. Had to Youtube that shit, and I'll be damned if anyone can find it on their own :o

vegeta1215
02-20-2010, 12:31 PM
I just finished Fatal Frame IV on the Wii on Normal mode. Now I'm working on the Mission Mode, and might start playing it again on Hard mode to get the extra ending, and any ghost photos I missed.

Nicholas Steel
02-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Almost beaten my recent purchase of Paper Mario 2.

peteraxis
04-19-2010, 02:13 AM
i am currently playing crash bandicoot mind over mutant. so far im on mission 17 which i cant figure out how to finish. been trying it for 2 hours. i just gave up for now. will try (harder) again later

Darth Marsden
04-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I need to update my sig.

At the moment, I am currently playing through:
Chrono Trigger DS: I'm near the end of the game - the Black Omen has appeared and I'm going through all the side-quests and trying to level up all my characters before I attempt it. Working my way through the Lost Sanctum section. Magus is my lowest level character, and even he's level 50, so I'm doing pretty well.
Dead Space: Felt like starting from scratch. Bad idea. This game does not hold up to repeat playings. I got bored somewhere in the second level and started doing something else.
Earthbound: Playing through a Rom Hack that supposedly adds a New Game + style feature to the game. Just for kicks, I'm playing through this on my DS via an emulator. Woo. Am currently on the tour bus to Threed Am currently in Threed, levelling up. Am currently trying to level up the third character, whom I called Alan. Sooner or later RPGs will get it into their heads that starting characters off at level 1 is a very stupid idea.
Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure: Suspiciously fun. Wasn't expecting it to be, but was pleasantly surprised. I'm on the second stage in the actual Puzzle Realm.
Metroid Prime Trilogy: The first one ATM. Just entered Phazon Mines. Progress through this game hasn't been swift, as I'm writing a Log Book Guide as I go.
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time: Partly to psych myself up for the new game coming out in May, partly because I've just figured out how to get a 1440x900 resolution working in the first two games. Not far in - I've saved before that hidden passage behind the bookcase near the start of the game.
Psychonauts: Again. Had to start a new game. Fucking ATI. But I've updated my BIOS and graphics card drivers and all the other games I was having problems with seem to be working now, so I'll give it one last go before giving up and forever abandoning any chances I have of playing this on my current Monolith. I'm an hour and a half in, and I've just entered the Brain Tumbler for the first time. I'm also level 12 or something. I can burn stuff. Hee. Four hours in and I'm at the bottom of Lake Oblongata.
Sam & Max: The Penal Zone: Just started this. Still not a fan of the controls, but eh. Humour's still there, but the plot and the tone's going to take a while to really sink in. Strike that, I finished it. Not a bad game at all, but I'm STILL not a fan of the console-designed controls. You'd think they'd have learned after the TOMI thing. Oh well.

Twilight-Prince1002
04-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Currently playing Pokemon HeartGold. I have 7 badges and am now fighting off Team Rocket in the Radio Tower.

Oddly, besides Whitney, the Gym Leaders in this one seem kinda dumbed down in comparison to the originals...maybe it's just me.

Dell297
04-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Im Currently playing super LUIGI galaxy, just got to the engine room's galaxies at the moment.

penkenny
05-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Dragon age origins playing it for the 2nd time (Hard), Im at Orzammar deep roads looking for Branka.
Just started Assassin's creed 2, not so far just finished Ace Up My Sleeve.

Kapit-Al-List
10-12-2010, 07:15 AM
batman arkham asylum. i've finished the story and now im looking for the question marks from the riddler.

Darth Marsden
10-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Oh, this thread's back again?

Currently playing on the PS3: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Prince of Persia '08 and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction. Recently finished PoP: The Forgotten Sands for the fifth time and got a Platinum trophy for my efforts. Go me.

Nicholas Steel
10-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Restarted Majora's Mask (still got my save at start of Stone Tower Temple) and am progressing through it with my friend. We are trying to maintain similar progress between us and stream via MSN Messenger and Skype though Skype recently (past 4 weeks or so) has decided to randomly drop the video calls for some unknown reason.

We use the free Manycam as the virtual webcam.

Chris Miller
10-14-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm doing a video playthrough on Zelda 2. I just got the downward thrust.

KyleReese
10-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Batman: Arkham Asylum, just started playing it for the 2nd time. I'm at the place where I have to fight with Bane.

Darth Marsden
10-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2 version). Cannot beat the end boss. Keep having to quit and do something else due to my frustration.

Also, gave up on 3D Dot Game Heroes. Just wasn't enjoying it. I may rent it again sometime later - I hate leaving things half-finished (trophies and such) - but there are other games I want to play first. Like Darksiders.

Nicholas Steel
10-21-2010, 06:56 AM
R&C Size Matters, is that the game I'm thinking of? It's like got terrible graphics, frame rate and gameplay compared to the first 3?

Anthus
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Started playing Rayman 2 again. Got to The Bayou with all the possible Lums and Cages so far.

MottZilla
10-21-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy IV DS and Infamous on PS3. I think I'm about half way through Infamous, haven't played it in a little while though. I'm at the Tower of Zot in FF4. Trying to finish both games before buying Fallout New Vegas since I forsee that taking up all my attention and time.

Darth Marsden
10-21-2010, 03:26 PM
R&C Size Matters, is that the game I'm thinking of? It's like got terrible graphics, frame rate and gameplay compared to the first 3?It was the first PSP game. It wasn't very good, so it may well be the one you're thinking of. Or did you mean Deadlocked? That one wasn't bad, just... very samey.

As for SM, I haven't got a PSP, so I'm going through the PS2 port, which is even worse than the PSP version. SOme of the new problems include a dodgy camera and music cutting out at random... Don't know quite why I'm subjecting myself to it, really. Completionism, methinks. I did beat the boss and am playing through on Challenge Mode, trying to save up for a RYNO. and get that last skill point.

Mottzilla: I'd wait until Fallout: New Vegas gets a couple of patches. There are some rather... interesting glitches. But then, it's by Obsidian, so what do you expect. Check it out. (http://kotaku.com/5668552/fallout-new-vegas-has-bug-issues)

Beldaran
10-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I will never buy another Obsidian release until 1-2 years after it comes out. Too many bugs, and the patches are basically necessary.

Nicholas Steel
10-22-2010, 12:47 AM
It was the first PSP game. It wasn't very good, so it may well be the one you're thinking of. Or did you mean Deadlocked? That one wasn't bad, just... very samey.

As for SM, I haven't got a PSP, so I'm going through the PS2 port, which is even worse than the PSP version. SOme of the new problems include a dodgy camera and music cutting out at random... Don't know quite why I'm subjecting myself to it, really. Completionism, methinks. I did beat the boss and am playing through on Challenge Mode, trying to save up for a RYNO. and get that last skill point.

You are very dedicated to the series, Size Matters is pretty shit for a PS2 game. The uh, hm... I can only remember the 2nd and 3rd one o_O. Anyways The 2nd one is imho, the best while the 3rd one is pretty samey (It's the one that focuses on arena battles iirc), the PS3 one looks pretty good and I had a chance to play it for a bit and it's like the 2nd game from what I saw, which is good.

MottZilla
10-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I never had an issue with Fallout 3 on Xbox so I don't expect any issues with New Vegas. As I recall most of the bugs affected the PC and PS3 versions last time around.

Darth Marsden
10-22-2010, 03:35 PM
You are very dedicated to the series, Size Matters is pretty shit for a PS2 game. The uh, hm... I can only remember the 2nd and 3rd one o_O. Anyways The 2nd one is imho, the best while the 3rd one is pretty samey (It's the one that focuses on arena battles iirc), the PS3 one looks pretty good and I had a chance to play it for a bit and it's like the 2nd game from what I saw, which is good.I've played all the PS2 ones (except Secret Agent Clank) at least five times. I've yet to finish SAC even once. It's really, really bad. What's most annoying is that it was never released in the UK, so I had to import a PAL copy from Australia. Cost a fortune, and it was definitely not worth the effort or the expense.

The one you're thinking of with the focus on arena battles is definitely Ratchet Deadlocked. That was the fourth PS2 game, and is fun, but definately inferior to the first three. It's very light on humour, there's nothing but combat (which gets old) and the plot is virtually non-existent.

The best of the PS2 games was the third one, Up Your Arsenal! - that's the one with Dr Nefarious as the big bad and the Captain Quark 2D platformers. Lot of fun to be had with that one.

The PS3 games, which I'm playing through at the moment, are very similar to that one. Helps that the third one has the same villain. Great fun, though some of the skill points are bloody impossible!

EDIT: Back on topic, I'm currently playing Toy Story 3 on the PS3. Which is interesting, since I've already played it on the Wii. I am a sucker for punishment.

EDIT2: No, I've just realized what I am. A sadist, and a trophy whore. I should get that tattooed on my arm or something.

Brasel
10-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Toy Story 3? Really? I didn't think serious gamers played licensed games any more. :)

I'm playing Mass Effect for the first time. I downloaded it on Steam. Its REALLY good. I will say that, while I like your protagonist speaking rather than being silent like in KotOR and Dragon Age, CDR Sheppard has a really dull voice. My guess is that they wanted him to sound as impartial as possible so you could play either a renegade or a paragon and not have your character sound too differently when selecting the opposite choice or something. I played a bit with a female CDR Sheppard, and Jennifer Hale sounds like she does a better job of it.

Darth Marsden
10-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Toy Story 3? Really? I didn't think serious gamers played licensed games any more. :)I am an achievement whore. Don't worry though - I've now moved onto Prince of Persia '08, aka QuickTime Events - The Game!