PDA

View Full Version : No sound AT ALL. Please help

aquamaniac27
02-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I started up ZC, and didn't hear the cackle of flames that always greets you. Started my game, and neither sound effects or music plays.

I have read the FAQ about this, and searched the forums for this problem, but all the solutions don't work.

I have had version 2.10 for a while now, running Windows XP. Never had this problem before today. :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated!

sps999
02-07-2010, 05:34 PM
Are you sure you don't get sound in Zelda Classic only, or for your whole computer. All I can say is check your Volume for everything (go to the Microphone by the time, right click it, Open Volume Control, and make sure everything, specifically SW Synth is set at least not at the bottom. If it's not that, then I don't know. Also, if your whole computer doesn't play sound, I fixed this by using a system restore to an earlier date that did have sound. I would save System Restore though if nothing else works.

aquamaniac27
02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
I dont have the SW Synth option, and the rest of my noise-making programs, well, make noise.
Under audio controls, I have: IIS, PC Speaker, Aux, Microphone, Line In, CD Audio, MIDI, and Wave.
ALL are set to maximum. Even the option under advanced (Bass, Treble) don't help.
:(

Gleeok
02-09-2010, 12:38 AM
start->control_panel->audio->options->sw_synth should fix midi not playing. If not it might be more of a sound card issue. I'm not sure if there would be an option for your sc to select default midi and change it back or not.

aquamaniac27
02-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Yeah, its not working. Everything else has sound, just not ZC...