PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Passageways Help...

darksarcasm01
02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
When I move to go to the next room in a dungeon, Link walks over the ceiling instead of under it. I've tried everything, and I've searched extensively on this website. And I realize it's probably something really stupid I'm doing wrong. But anyone wanna help me? :)

Yapollo
02-06-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a hunch as to your problem. Did you you select "Freeform dungeons" as a rule, because if so, all objects (including roofs of passageways) that you want Link to walk under have to have the "Overhead" combo. Trying setting whatever tile is giving you a problem to "Overhead" and see what happens

darksarcasm01
02-06-2010, 06:15 PM
You know what, when I checked that, I didn't think anything of it. That fixed my problem, thank you very much! I used ZClassic back in '06, and decided to pick it up again and mess around with it.

Do you by any chance know how to make it so when you pick up a certain item in the dungeon you get teleported out like you would be if you got a piece of the triforce? My version of this game makes you go through an entire dungeon to get a certain item, but I don't want to have the player back-track through the level again.

I always loved the dungeons and wanted there to be more, so that's why I'm doing it this way.

Yapollo
02-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm glad I could help.

Now as for the warping, I will get back to on that. I know for a triforce, it automatically warps. First, make the room "Special Item," and select Triforce. Next select "Item" and select triforce and place it wherever you want it to be. Then, simply set the down side warp to wherever you want to go.

Now as for other items, there is another rule I am trying to remember. But that should get you started.

darksarcasm01
02-06-2010, 10:26 PM
I remember how to make the triforce warps, I was just wondering if it could be applied to another item. Maybe I'll just try it with the special item room type, right now I just have it as an item on the screen without a room type. I also could put the only entrance to the room a side warp, the only problem is if the player accidentally moves back to the room without getting the item.

Yapollo
02-07-2010, 01:01 AM
I remember how to make the triforce warps, I was just wondering if it could be applied to another item. Maybe I'll just try it with the special item room type, right now I just have it as an item on the screen without a room type. I also could put the only entrance to the room a side warp, the only problem is if the player accidentally moves back to the room without getting the item.

Don't do that unless abosolutely necessary. I remember there's a way to make normal items warps...I just can't remember, if you are using 2.10 or above it might be in the help file. I'll get back to you on this, and if you're lucky a ZC developer will aid your plight.

Anthus
02-18-2010, 06:42 AM
In 2.5, you can have "Triforce" class items use the screen's side warp to take you out. Unfortunately, this only works with 'Triforce' class items.

Otherwise, you could always just put a tile warp teleporter in the room for an easy, and optional way out since maybe the player might want to explore the dungeon more. For a slightly more seamless effect, you could have the tile underneath where the item is be a 'temporary trigger' combo which turns the surrounding tiles into tile warp combos (that are ideally identical in appearance to the surrounding floor) and take Link out of the dungeon. The only issue with this is, you would need direct warps for the immediate effect, but those take you to the exact coordinates on the next screen (otherwise ignoring the blue square). You'd want to use stairs, which require Link to move once. However, I think there might be some sort of "sensitive" non-direct warp combo now. I don't do a whole lot more with warps than I have to. It's always been a tricky area for me.