PDA

View Full Version : combo favorites

Freedom
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
should these not stay in favorites once you close Zquest?
every time I open back up they are gone.

Dark Nation
02-05-2010, 11:19 PM
Combo favorites are *supposed* to save with the quest. Command favorites are *supposed* to stay save to the config file (so it loads regardless of the quest). I'll look into this.

Dark Nation
02-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Okay. Just looked at the code and noticed that favorites are *not* saved and apparently never have been. So, the question I pose to everyone is, should I put this intended feature in for 2.5 or wait? It's a small addition that was originally intended to be there, but adding it now will change the quest format somewhat. Quests that are saved after this is added *should* still open in the previous beta (and favorite combos would be stripped), but there's no guarantee that it would work and not corrupt the quest by doing this (which normally shouldn't be done anyway).

Gleeok
02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
I *think* I have a hunch as to why no one bothered caring about this. Perhaps because every time you open up and work on a quest you work on different parts of it, thus your favorite combos change from time to time and people use it more as a scratch space. ( The goto combo is what gets used much much more. )

I say just put it in the wiki that it doesn't currently save with the quest file (2.5) and be done with it for now.

Freedom
02-07-2010, 08:16 PM
it would be real nice to have those save, then you can put blocks in like triggers, lighting, walkable, non walkable, hookshot etc.

To use the go to combo you have to scroll over to a screen that has the one you want, go to it and then return to the screen you were working on.

As far as what's involved in adding it, that's the devs call.

jman2050
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Adding this to the quest format should be simple as dirt compared to some of the other things we've done. I do think however this can wait until more serious bugs have been addressed.