PDA

View Full Version : Curious question about music

AmazingAmpharos
02-02-2010, 10:08 AM
When did Zelda Classic start using those remixes for the built-in tracks, and why are they used? They aren't bad or anything, but the default quests are a bit less authentic this way, and maybe I'm crazy, but I seem to remember Zelda Classic previously having versions of those tracks that were extremely faithful to the NES.Was there a copyright concern or something, or am I really just crazy and Zelda Classic never had faithful versions of the Zelda-1 music?

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Are you sure your not using a midi device with an alternate sound bank?

Gleeok
02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
That's a good question that I don't have a good answer for. I think at some point _L_ put in a handful of new Zelda midis, but you have a good point. Why don't the official quests have the NES LOZ midis?

Saffith
02-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Build 1102. Why, I can't say.

* Replaced some built-in MIDIs with better versions done by someone called Hypercrash and slightly modifed by me. (Wasn't this intended to be done earlier?)
I wonder why we don't just use NSF...

4matsy
02-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Yeah, I agree with Saffith; NSF would be the way to go for the most NES authenticity in the default quests. We've got the graphics, gameplay, and sound effects copied over already, after all, so I doubt there's a problem copyright-wise, as most of the other aspects have already been technically illegally ripped... :p

Anthus
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
You're not crazy. We did use very NES sounding MIDIs way back when for defaults. I actually wish they'd bring them back. I don't like the new MIDIs to be honest.

Imzogelmo
02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I hate to complain, but... seconded.

_L_
02-22-2010, 04:14 AM
OK, I'll make the proposed quests use zelda.nsf for their DMap music.