PDA

View Full Version : changing version of beta, keeping your quests: a new sticky?

kiai
02-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Hello,

since I had some bug with the beta version of ZC under linux I used, I decided to upgrade and use the latest build that came out yesterday. I'd like to try the quests I was stuck in to see if the bugs are corrected (I especially remerber a crash when trying to kill a certain kind of darknut), but I can't find a way to import my games from the build I used to the new one (just not to have to restart all those quests from the beginning). I seem to remerber that under windows you could by copying a few files (I don't remerber which), and I can't see any information about that in the stickies around (or in the thread).
Is there a way to do that in linux? And if it is not possible I think it would be interesting to give the information to do that under windows in a sticky, for all the beta users who have sometime to upgrade.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Just copy zc.sav into the folder of the new version. versions of zc.sav in a newer beta can't be used in older beta versions though afaik.

kiai
02-02-2010, 10:11 AM
argh so obvious, and it works. Thanks a lot... I still think it should appear somewhere though