PDA

View Full Version : update all versions of Zelda Classic available @ www.zeldaclassic.com

Nicholas Steel
02-01-2010, 05:07 AM
update every package (2.10, 1.92b184/3, 1.90 etc.) to include a ag.cfg file that contains the following information.

[zeldadx]
resx = 640
resy = 480
sbig = 1The rest of the configuration data will still be automatically generated.

Why do this? Video cards, LCD Monitors, video card drivers and modern Operating Systems do not support resolutions below 640x480 very well (if at all).

The advantage of the changes for every version of Zelda Classic is improved reliability in various now common situations where the Player would crash the instant someone tries to use it due to the desired video mode not being available.

================================================== ================================================== ====================

edit: For people downloading current copies of 2.10 and are missing ag.cfg, just go to your Zelda Classic folder and make a new file with any file extension. Rename the file including the file extension to "ag.cfg" then open it in Notepad and add the following lines to it, save when closing the file.

[zeldadx]
resx = 640
resy = 480
sbig = 1

For people who have ag.cfg already then open up ag.cfg (via Notepad) and find the appropriate lines in the file and modify them to match what I have mentioned at least twice so far in this post.

Anthus
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
This is cool. I think there needs to be a pinned thread somewhere that has just about every solution for these display issues. That would be better than dotting the forum with new posts/ solutions every time someone needs help getting ZC to display right in any newer OS.

DarkFlameWolf
04-07-2010, 05:32 PM
If I was still mod here, I would have already pinned this...

Orion
04-07-2010, 08:19 PM
Forgive me for being stupid, but what does this do?