PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIV

Pineconn
01-24-2010, 11:51 PM
http://trommetter.com/log/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/super_bowl_xliv_logo2.png

I think it has become a tradition for me to post this thread, but anyway...

Colts or Saints? Horrible calls in the NFC Championship aside, I'd have to pick the Colts. The AFC has had the edge lately, and I really just think the Indianapolis Mannings will outlast the Saints.

Prrkitty
01-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Saints... please :)

Gleeok
01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Manning gets picked 7 times. Saints win 53 - 0. :p

...or the game comes down to the wire and Saints win in overtime 34-31 would be more entertaining.

Starkist
01-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Saints have no chance. The Vikings should have won yesterday anyway but between the bad plays and the bad calls, New Orleans was given the game on a platter. Peyton will tear the Saints defense to shreds and Brees will never find his rhythm. Indianapolis by a wide margin.

moocow
01-26-2010, 10:06 PM
UGH! I wanted the Vikings to win SO BAD. I pick the Colts, they're my 3rd favorite team.

XMuppetSB
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Personally, I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, because first of all, the Colts are my 2nd favorite team. Second, I'm glad the Saints made it to the Super Bowl for the first time. Last but not least, they both clinched their conferences (in other words, home field advantage). Either way, as much as I'd like to see the Colts win another title, I would especially be surprised if the Saints win this year's Super Bowl.

Nathaniel
01-27-2010, 12:00 AM
I think the Saints have the edge on this one. Sure the Colts have the slightly better record. Sure the Colts have who I consider to be the best quarterback in the league right now, Peyton Manning. However, I think the Saints have the best overall offense, scoring more points. That still has something to say about which will be the better defense, and which will truly be the better offense in that game. But hey, that is why they play the game.

Master Ghaleon
02-02-2010, 03:46 PM
Colts will win.

DarkDragon
02-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Colts are going to mangle the Saints. Unless the Colts somehow manage to pull a Vikings and rack up 8 fumbles...

bigjoe
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?:sly:

Gleeok
02-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Colts are going to mangle the Saints. Unless the Colts somehow manage to pull a Vikings and rack up 8 fumbles...

The Vikings had PLENTY of chances to win that game and they couldn't come through with it so you really have to give the Saints defense some sort of credit there. (IIRC the turnover difference was only -2 for the Viks.)

Granted it could be a matchup problem for the Saints offense, but they are fully capable of puting points up. I agree they Colts are favored, but that doesn't mean they will win.

Superbowl Sunday bitches!

Pineconn
02-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Colts 10-0!

Nathaniel
02-07-2010, 09:35 PM
13-10 Saints, although Manning works great under pressure.

Pineconn
02-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Colts 17-16 after 3. Should be an interesting 4th quarter.

Meh. Not too exciting of a game.

Cloral
02-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Someone should close the poll so people can't vote for the Saints after the fact.

I was sure that when Payton had the ball down by 7 with 5 minutes left they'd be going to overtime.

bigjoe
02-08-2010, 02:21 AM
Saints have no chance.

Do....what now? :laughing:

Nice interception, Manning.

Gonna be nothing but partying where I live.

Gleeok
02-08-2010, 02:41 AM
Yeah right. They led the league in points and turnovers, had a ridiculous regular season, yet they have "no chance". Nice. ;)

Meh. Not too exciting of a game.

Maybe due to the fact that like every pass on both sides was a completion so the clock never stopped. Pretty exciting 3rd quarter though.

XMuppetSB
02-08-2010, 02:59 AM
I'm so glad the New Orleans Saints won their first Super Bowl, man!:thumbsup: They really upset the Colts with their Coach's Challenge and that interception!:)
PS: I am so going to wear my New Orleans Saints Shirt tomorrow!;)

Orion
04-20-2010, 10:26 PM
So the thread is a bit old, but I'm looking forward to the season-opening rematch of the Vikings and the Saints. Maybe this year, AP will have learned how to hold on to the precious.

Beldaran
04-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Saints have no chance. The Vikings should have won yesterday anyway but between the bad plays and the bad calls, New Orleans was given the game on a platter. Peyton will tear the Saints defense to shreds and Brees will never find his rhythm. Indianapolis by a wide margin.

well, I guess I know who not to go to for my sports betting advice. ;)

Starkist
04-21-2010, 07:53 PM
well, I guess I know who not to go to for my sports betting advice. ;)

I say if you're going to lose, lose big. :)