PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming: New Enemy Ideas

idontknow
01-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Let's brainstorm some "new" enemies we can make utilizing the latest enemy editor...the one that combines multiple types into a single walking type. For more info see here:
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?44625-New-Walking-Enemy-attributes-and-Defenses

My ideas:

Poisonous Octorok: An octorok that has the "drunk" touch effect. I like to say "poisonous" affect instead cause it sounds more PG plus it allows me to describe any enemy that has that effect as a "poisonous kind". For example, you can make a Poisonous Darknut or Poisonous gibdo too. The Poisonous Octorok though is similar to the Red or Blue though except for this touch effect then & it also is a bit faster than both & has an HP of 6. Its dropset includes a heart, fairy, single rupee, 5-piece rupee, bombs, or nothing.

Fire Octorok: The fastest kind of octorok & uses the "breath" type for its shot type & its projectile is the flame. Also has a high "Homing" Rate. When defeated it usually drops magic but occassionally drops a 5-piece rupee too & sometimes nothing at all.

Super Darknut: Faster than the blue darknut, shoots a sword every so often and is shielded on all sides except the back & its shield can't be broken by the hammer. Has a HP of 12 and damage of 4. Splits into 2 blue darknuts when defeated.

Mega Darknut: Fastest of all darknuts, shoots a sword & sometimes even fires 2 extra shots. Shielded on all sides. Has an HP of 16 and Damage of 6. It also uses "Rope" style movement too so that it'll chase Link down. Also has the "drunk" style touch effect. When defeated, it splits into 3 red darknuts.

Like Like (Rupees): Drains your rupee count while stuck inside of it, rather than stealing your item.
Like Like (Magic): Similarly, it drains your magic if caught inside
Like Like (Solid): Steals your item but unlike a regular Like Like, its not soft...it has a hardened, solid shell to protect it so it's shielded on all sides. However, a bomb will instantly kill this enemy, turning into a regular (soft) Like Like.

Pols Voice (Arrow) & Pols Voice (Magic): Simply add the "(Arrow)" tag to the original pols voice since thats what instantly kills it & then add in a second type that is instantly killed by magic instead. Give the 2 different colors...other than that, they behave the same.

Skulls: These jump just like Vires but between jumps they move rather slowly. There's different types that each have a different touch effect, which is determined by the color of their eyes: Red Eyes = Perm Sword Jinx, Blue = Cure Sword Jinx, Green = Lose Magic, Purple = Drunk Jinx. These are very hard so they have a very high HP (probably around 30) but can be instantly killed by the hammer, which make them a sinch once you obtain the hammer item.

Redead: These move pretty slowly but do chase Link (have the "rope" movement). When they hit Link, they drain his life (eat - damage effect) They have a high amount of HP too (probably in the 20s) but are instantly killed by flame-type weapons (like the candle). A second type of this enemy drains health faster, is not instantly killed by the flame, and splits into keese when killed.

Imzogelmo
02-13-2010, 05:58 PM
My ideas are rather simple and not too imaginative:

1. Patra: Add 2 new movement types, corresponding to the reverse direction of Big Circle and Oval (I can't remember if they go clockwise or counter-clockwise currently; but my suggestion is to merely add the other direction).

2. Gleeok: Add a Misc. option to let it be at the bottom of the room, instead of always at the top. (Probably hard, I dunno).

3. General: Increase the number of enemy slots from 255 to 511 (a long-term idea that I have would require more than 255 enemies).

4. Rope: More specifically, this applies to the Rope walk style under the Walker type. I seem to recall reading in the wiki that the speed of Ropes is 100 when charging. My suggestion is to un-hardcode that, and make the walk attribute able to set the speed when charging (either in absolute terms or as an addition to the base speed).

XMuppetSB
02-13-2010, 06:40 PM
Let's brainstorm some "new" enemies we can make utilizing the latest enemy editor...the one that combines multiple types into a single walking type. For more info see here:
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?44625-New-Walking-Enemy-attributes-and-Defenses

My ideas:

Poisonous Octorok: An octorok that has the "drunk" touch effect. I like to say "poisonous" affect instead cause it sounds more PG plus it allows me to describe any enemy that has that effect as a "poisonous kind". For example, you can make a Poisonous Darknut or Poisonous gibdo too. The Poisonous Octorok though is similar to the Red or Blue though except for this touch effect then & it also is a bit faster than both & has an HP of 6. Its dropset includes a heart, fairy, single rupee, 5-piece rupee, bombs, or nothing.

Similarly, I made a bubble enemy that randomly interferes with Link's controls.

Fire Octorok: The fastest kind of octorok & uses the "breath" type for its shot type & its projectile is the flame. Also has a high "Homing" Rate. When defeated it usually drops magic but occassionally drops a 5-piece rupee too & sometimes nothing at all.

There are already a couple of fire octoroks in the default template, but if you want to edit them, go ahead.;)

Super Darknut: Faster than the blue darknut, shoots a sword every so often and is shielded on all sides except the back & its shield can't be broken by the hammer. Has a HP of 12 and damage of 4. Splits into 2 blue darknuts when defeated.

We already have a super (splitting) darknut, so if you want to edit that thing, go ahead!;)

Mega Darknut: Fastest of all darknuts, shoots a sword & sometimes even fires 2 extra shots. Shielded on all sides. Has an HP of 16 and Damage of 6. It also uses "Rope" style movement too so that it'll chase Link down. Also has the "drunk" style touch effect. When defeated, it splits into 3 red darknuts.

You could edit the Death Knight by giving him these properties, you know.

Like Like (Rupees): Drains your rupee count while stuck inside of it, rather than stealing your item.
Like Like (Magic): Similarly, it drains your magic if caught inside

I myself made enemies like these

Like Like (Solid): Steals your item but unlike a regular Like Like, its not soft...it has a hardened, solid shell to protect it so it's shielded on all sides. However, a bomb will instantly kill this enemy, turning into a regular (soft) Like Like.

That sounds interesting...

Pols Voice (Arrow) & Pols Voice (Magic): Simply add the "(Arrow)" tag to the original pols voice since thats what instantly kills it & then add in a second type that is instantly killed by magic instead. Give the 2 different colors...other than that, they behave the same.

Already done in the default template.

Skulls: These jump just like Vires but between jumps they move rather slowly. There's different types that each have a different touch effect, which is determined by the color of their eyes: Red Eyes = Perm Sword Jinx, Blue = Cure Sword Jinx, Green = Lose Magic, Purple = Drunk Jinx. These are very hard so they have a very high HP (probably around 30) but can be instantly killed by the hammer, which make them a sinch once you obtain the hammer item.

The idea of a jumping bubble isn't all that bad either, but really, I would give it less HP than what you mentioned here.:p

Redead: These move pretty slowly but do chase Link (have the "rope" movement). When they hit Link, they drain his life (eat - damage effect) They have a high amount of HP too (probably in the 20s) but are instantly killed by flame-type weapons (like the candle). A second type of this enemy drains health faster, is not instantly killed by the flame, and splits into keese when killed.

Similarly, other than some those properties you mentioned, I made a Like-Like enemy that drains Link's life.

My ideas are rather simple and not too imaginative:

1. Patra: Add 2 new movement types, corresponding to the reverse direction of Big Circle and Oval (I can't remember if they go clockwise or counter-clockwise currently; but my suggestion is to merely add the other direction).

As far as I remember, the inner ring of a 1x1 Patra goes in the opposite direction of the outer ring.

2. Gleeok: Add a Misc. option to let it be at the bottom of the room, instead of always at the top. (Probably hard, I dunno).

Freeform with this enemy would be harder than with Aquamentus and Gohma!

3. General: Increase the number of enemy slots from 255 to 511 (a long-term idea that I have would require more than 255 enemies).

Maybe after 2.5, the developers could do that.;)

4. Rope: More specifically, this applies to the Rope walk style under the Walker type. I seem to recall reading in the wiki that the speed of Ropes is 100 when charging. My suggestion is to un-hardcode that, and make the walk attribute able to set the speed when charging (either in absolute terms or as an addition to the base speed).

Well, they could just use the new walk attribute for this, seeing as they have it for the Armos walk type!;)

Now a summary of all the enemies I've made:

LOZ-Generation4.qst) CSet 7, 8, and 10 bats- Same as the original CSet 9 bat; L2 Bombchu- same properties as the original bombchu, same HP as Rope 2; Rope L3- faster than Rope 1 and 2 and has 3 times the HP and attack power of Rope 2; Bombchu L3- same stats as Rope 3, and its super explosions are deadly; Non-splitting Darknut L3 (same as the original splitting darnut, but it does not split); splitting varieties of the L1 and L2 darknuts; Faster/stronger varieties of Stalfos 1 and 2; slower/weaker variety of Stalfos 3; a fire that falls in sideview rather than float; blue gels (both normal and tribble) and level color fire gels (both normal and tribble); Zols (both normal and tribble) that split into 3 gels; Vires (both normal and tribble) that split into 3 keese; CSet 10 Keese (both normal and tribble); Lanmolas (L1 and L2) with 3 segments and with 7 segments; L4 Leever- same as L2, only stronger and faster; L5 octoroks- shoots super bombs; slow magic octorok; wind octoroks- shoots wind; oval varieties of Patras 2 and 3; bomb, super bomb, and wind shooters; floating bat wizzrobe- summons bats rapidly when Link is in line of sight; floating summoner- summons layer enemies rapidly with Link in line of sight; floating wind wizzrobe- rapidly fires wind when Link is in line of sight; teleporting mirror wizzrobe- teleports onto link's path, has the same defenses and attack power as the floating variety, but only half the HP; teleporting fire wizzrobe- teleports to a random spot and shoots flames in 8 directions.

LOZ-Generation5.qst) Bubbles that affect both sword and items- level color inflicts a temporary jinx, red inflicts permanent jinx, blue removes the jinx; 4 new bubble enemies- pruple randomly interferes with controls, orange steals magic, blue steals rupees, level color deals minor damage; Rupee-Like- drains rupees until it is killed; Magic-Like- drains magic until killed; Life-Like- drains life until killed; a blue (CSet 7) moblin, whose arrows are faster; 3 archers- red and blue throw 3 arrows at once with the blue archer's arrows being faster, while the black (CSet 10) archer throws 5 arrow at once; bow-wows- lanmola type enemies that are only vulnerable to the hammer; keese (both normal and tribble) that have a little more HP and do a little more damage; Fire Vires- leave a fire trail as they move, deal the same amount of damage a Fire Zol would deal, and can only be defeated by a power 8 weapon; skulltulas- tektie type enemies with double the HP and immunity to some weapons, but can instantly be killed by the hookshot; fire pols voice- has twice the HP and attack power of the arrow and magic varieties, is immune to both arrows and wand magic, spreads flames as it leaps, and bursts into flames when killed; clones of Stalfos 1, Stalfos 2, and Stalfos 3 with darknut attributes; swift wall master- faster than the regular wall master; dark wall master- as fast as the swift, and reaches out far from the wall to grab Link thanks to its misc 1 of 1; 8 golden enemies (tektite, octorok, darknut, lynel, rope, moblin, leever [with blue leever movement], wizzrobe [teleports]); Zeeky H. Bomb (joke enemy)- immune to all attacks, charges at Link, and its explosions deal a damage of 10000, which instantly kills Link regardless of hearts and rings; Daleks (joke enemies)- they float around like blue wizzrobes, are immune to most attacks, and as while they don't do any harm physically, their weapon damage is 10000, so their projectile (magic) instantly kills Link regardless of hearts and rings, red and blue are only affected by reflected magic which kills them in one hit, gold and silver are only affected by super bombs which kill them in one hit, level color can be killed in one hit by either one of these weapons. Note that the Daleks and the 8 golden enemies never return after death.

Other) Ghost varieties of the Red Octorok, Red Tektite, Red Darknut, and Red Wizzrobe- immune to all attacks, but they die when a kill all enemies item is picked up or when the ring leader is killed, just like the phantom Ghini; a purple Parta with weak attack and defense (all defenses are set to [none])- its eyes can be killed in one hit even by power 0 weapons, and it doesn't take much to kill the enemy itself; Magic Gohma- immune to all arrows, but is vulnerable to magic (wand or reflected); Mirror Gohma- same as Magic Gohma, but it breathes fire, and is immune to wand magic, so only reflected magic will hurt this Gohma.