PDA

View Full Version : Windows version of ZC and MIDI Sound patches. Is it possible?

Master_of_Power
01-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Is there any way to force the Windows version of Zelda Classic to use Sound patches like in Linux?

I got my AG.CFG file from my linux laptop and it had the lines:

[sound]
patches = samplesoundset/patches.dat

in the file, so I thought something similar would work with Windows. Sure enough, the same lines do nothing in the Windows variation.

Questwizard88
01-08-2010, 02:28 PM
The best I could think of is either get a soundfont-supporting sound caard, or use the Windows Timidity++ driver that's available. I use Timidity++ myself, and it does work for changing the MIDI instruments in ZC, and everything else as well. There's a fairly good chance either FluidSynth or Timidity++ is probably what your laptop is using for MIDi playback already.

EDIT: Here's the one I use: http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/twsynth/releases/

Its fairly easy once its on. You can grab any sf2 soundfont and pop it in the c:\timidity\musix\ folder, and then edit timidity.cfg in c:\windows\ and change the soundfont line to match the name of the soundfont you want to use. After that, all you have to do is change the preferred midi device in the control panel and you're all set.