PDA

View Full Version : hello all and i would like some tips :D

Divigon
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
hello everyone i am new to zeldaquesteditor so i was wondering a couple of things
1.)dose anyone know how i would make a timed warp/title screen?
2.)how do i make dungeons without using the doors option? for example, i would like to make a dungeon that isent Nes style of dungeon layout i want to make it more realistic and less boring.
3.) one of my most important questions, i have been working on a quest and i would like to use something else then....screen 80 i want to make a enterable house((i have already done this)) but my problem is how would i get out it seems to not let me walk out of the screen
4.)lol final question :laughing: how do i make my messege strings longer i would like more then just 2 lines of chat so i can actulay have some sort of storyline.

thank you all for your time if you read this ^_^
Edit: version number 1.92 if this is something requird to awnser one of my questions

Din
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi, Divigon! Welcome to AGN! As for your questions...

1. In order to make a timed warp, first go to side warp on the second-to-last tab in ZQuest. When you do, you'll see what appears to be four rectangles in different directions. Now, just enter the coordinates of the screen you want Link to warp to. After doing so, hit "OK" and go back to that same tab. This time, go to Screen Data. After skipping through the checkboxes, you should see a box that has "Timed Warp" on it. Under it, insert the amount of tics (60 tics are the equivalent of one second) until Link warps. What this will do, is it will cause Link to warp to the side warp screen you designated. You could use this for a brief title screen/quest intro, or in actual gameplay for a timed puzzle of sorts.

2. In order to do this, you'll need to make "fake doors". First, go to the second tab, go to Dungeon Data, and set the type to "Interior". Then, basically, you need to take door combos in the tileset you're using, and make them in the style of dungeon doors. Currently, there are many tilesets that have already done this, and the doors are at your fingertips to place wherever you want. Try the Dance of Rememberance tileset on PureZC (www.purezc.com) for an example of this process. As soon as you make the doors, just place them on a wall. It's no different than setting combos on an overworld.

3. Screen 80 is the screen you warp to if you use a "Cave/Item Cellar" type room on the overworld/dungeon. If you've ever played Zelda 1, remember the cave you always went to in the overworld? This is Screen 80. Make sure that you don't warp the player to screen 80, but rather warp them to a "Cave/Item Cellar". It doesn't need specific coordinates though, so don't worry.

4. Which version of 1.92 are you using? In the early versions, having longer than three lines isn't possible. However, in the late versions, there is a dropdown box below the string. You can "link" the string you're typing to the string you choose. What this will do, is it will first run the string you typed, and then you can press "A" to run the string you linked. If you go to the linked string, there will also be a dropdown box, in which you can choose another string to run.

Hope that helps a bit.

fadrik
02-25-2010, 02:45 AM
one of my most important questions, i have been working on a quest and i would like to use something else then....screen 80 i want to make a enterable house((i have already done this)) but my problem is how would i get out it seems to not let me walk out of the screen

Freedom
02-25-2010, 06:36 PM
on that screen set a side warp to the dmap and screen you want link to travel to.

fadrik
03-02-2010, 12:53 AM
In order to do this, you'll need to make "fake doors". First, go to the second tab, go to Dungeon Data, and set the type to "Interior". Then, basically, you need to take door combos in the tileset you're using, and make them in the style of dungeon doors.