PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions Time!

Cloral
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM
It's that time of year again! My resolution is to get back into my exercise program. Yours?

Daarkseid
12-31-2009, 11:29 PM
Not get laid.

Set the bar low enough, should be easy enough to keep.

MasterSwordUltima
01-01-2010, 12:50 AM
Actually work on that godamn Shattered Earth for everyone here.

Thunderbird
01-01-2010, 02:34 AM
I don't do resolutions...I can never remember what they are.

Pineconn
01-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Actually work on that godamn Shattered Earth for everyone here.

*like*

Me, I need to lose weight. Having a huge rec center next to my dorm at Ohio State will make this easy. I know, it's the clichéd resolution, but it's necessary.

Toolie
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Getting back into shape, and something to do with continuing self-teaching myself Mandarin, but I'm not sure yet how to set some quantifiable goal.

rock_nog
01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
I've never really believed in doing resolutions. I'd rather keep the mentality that if you want to make a positive change in your life, you can do it at any time. Besides, everyone ends up breaking them anyway, and it seems to me that all too often, breaking the resolution once is used as a justification to just keep ignoring it from that point on.

moocow
01-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I don't make resolutions because I never keep them, but I really am going to try to lose some more weight. I lost around 40 lbs in the past year. I want to lose another 20.

Icey
01-04-2010, 02:05 AM
I'm going to go to the gym four times a week to lift weights and stuff. Also do some running. I am not that heavy but I have gained some fat lately and need to get it off, also would be nice to bulk up in terms of muscle mass. Been thinking of doing this for a while, so it's not just a "New Year's thing", but the timing fits, so I guess that's my resolution.

Cloral
01-04-2010, 02:36 AM
I've never really believed in doing resolutions. I'd rather keep the mentality that if you want to make a positive change in your life, you can do it at any time. Besides, everyone ends up breaking them anyway, and it seems to me that all too often, breaking the resolution once is used as a justification to just keep ignoring it from that point on.

I tend to agree with you, but was trying to come up with something to spark some discussion around here. Besides, I do need to get back into my exercise routine, and this seems like a good time to do it.

biggiy05
01-04-2010, 12:28 PM
Raise hell with every cardiologist in Ohio until somebody figures out what is wrong with my heart. Oh and tear into OSU for shit service.

Toolie
01-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Oh and tear into OSU for shit service.

Well there's your first mistake. You should go to a real school like Penn State. :-P

Congratulations on the Rose Bowl win, if you follow such things.

Breaker
01-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I've started working out more. I've been hitting the gym everyday since the new year started, and I'm feeling pretty great, albeit sore.

Pineconn
01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Well there's your first mistake. You should go to a real school like Penn State. :-P

O-H! (Oh, but I'm for sure rooting for every Big Ten team. I was happy to see Penn State win.)

biggiy05
01-05-2010, 01:29 AM

The school is great. It's the clinics that aren't so great. Love the ER at OSU. They've been wonderful to us when we've taken patients in but damn the Ross heart hospital is full of idiots.

I-O

gdorf
01-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I am taking a photograph every day this year. A couple of friends and I are doing it together. We're setting up themes to follow which we'll change every week or two. First theme: metallic.

I am also getting myself into shape, but that is more about my impending summer wedding than the new year.