PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Pineconn needs help!

Pineconn
12-31-2009, 02:30 AM
All right. I'm using 2.10, for all you 2.5ers.

For some reason, full-screen timed warps are carrying over enemies into the next room. This is... inconvenient, at best. I checked the quest rules, and there doesn't seem to be a way to change this (eh, but maybe there is). The type of warp (insta, blackout, etc.) also doesn't make a difference. The strange this is I never had this problem while making Link to the Heavens...

Anthus
12-31-2009, 03:47 AM
Hmm. It sounds like a fluke to me. What kind of maps are you using and all that stuff? I didn't see a rule either, but I did think of a work-around: Have the screen you time warp to direct/ insta warp you immediately to an identical screen with no enemies. It might make a split second "lag" but it should work. I didn't test this out, but I did do something kinda similar for a boss in Zelda TD.

Joe123
12-31-2009, 06:50 AM
Isn't there that screen flag 'Full Screen Carry-over'?
I can't remember exactly what it's called in 2.10 'cause we changed the name recently, but have you got that checked or not?
The point of that flag is that it always carries the enemies over in the warps. That's what it does.

Pineconn
12-31-2009, 05:18 PM
GAHHH.

Way to make me feel like an idiot. :p I unchecked the screen flag "Full-Screen Warp" and it works. For some reason I thought you needed that flag for a timed fullscreen warp. Thanks guys. ;)