PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy Questoin

Dell297
12-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah I know, this game has been out for almost 3 years now but i got it for christmas, so far im at the galaxies in the bedroom dome( Gusty garden, Freezeflame, Dusty dune ) with 40 stars, im doing dusty dunes stars at the moment and im wondering if dusty dune gets any comets other then the purple comet.

So is dusty dune visited by any comets other then the purple comet?

DarkFlameWolf
12-28-2009, 11:14 AM
I believe a time limit comet is introduced in Dusty Dunes.

Dell297
12-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Just got the star for the comet :)

And with exactly one minute to spare on it too.

Breaker
12-28-2009, 03:14 PM
This was a very fun game. I can't wait for Super Marior Galaxy 2, which I believe will introduce Yoshi.

pkmnfrk
12-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Mmmm... Super Mario Galaxy. I remember that I spent, like, a week playing though 70% of the Mario run, and then spending another week some time later pushing through the last 30% (Damn you Battlerock Purple Coin Challenge!).

Cloral
12-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Every main sequence galaxy has 6 stars: 3 main stars, a secret star, a comet star, and a purple comet star. Dusty Dune is an exception, as it has a second secret star which is one of the colored stars, for seven stars total. The colored stars (green or red) never count towards the total number of stars in a galaxy, so every galaxy (big or small) that has a colored star has one more than it normally would.

Dell297
12-29-2009, 11:14 AM
5 days after getting super mario galaxy, I beat it. :D

Im not done with the game yet though, I only beat it to get the purple comets to show themselves.

Im aiming for 100%

Nicholas Steel
12-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah I know, this game has been out for almost 3 years now but i got it for christmas, so far im at the galaxies in the bedroom dome( Gusty garden, Freezeflame, Dusty dune ) with 40 stars, im doing dusty dunes stars at the moment and im wondering if dusty dune gets any comets other then the purple comet.

So is dusty dune visited by any comets other then the purple comet?
How do you know about purple comets! you haven't beaten the game yet!

Cloral
12-30-2009, 02:32 AM
5 days after getting super mario galaxy, I beat it. :D

Im not done with the game yet though, I only beat it to get the purple comets to show themselves.

Im aiming for 100%

It is a good idea to beat the game sooner rather than later. I got the game when it first came out, as did one of my co-workers. We compared how far we were as we played through it. I went ahead and beat the game with something like 70 stars, while he waited until he had gotten every star he could before beating it. This turned out poorly for him, as it meant that after beating it he had 15 purple comets in a row to complete. He quickly grew tired of this, and last I checked he had never actually done them all.

vegeta1215
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
After you've gotten all 120 stars, you can do it again with Luigi! (which provides a bigger challenge on some stages because of his slippery feet)

Yapollo
01-23-2010, 09:38 PM
After you've gotten all 120 stars, you can do it again with Luigi! (which provides a bigger challenge on some stages because of his slippery feet)

You can also do massive shortcuts on some levels with his super long jump.

Also has anyone here seen the trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2? It looks like a great game.

Dell297
02-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Speaking of luigi, I'm only 8 stars from unlocking luigi.

Yapollo
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Speaking of luigi, I'm only 8 stars from unlocking luigi.

Good luck. The Luigi playthrough was much more fun (at least for me), so you have a good prize awaiting you.

Cloral
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
I hope that one of those eight isn't the purple coin star on the toy galaxy. That one is a bitch to get.

Pineconn
02-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Bah, that one's easy. They're all easy. Maybe the most painful one for me was the no-hit Bouldergeist challenge.

Yapollo
02-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Bah, that one's easy. They're all easy. Maybe the most painful one for me was the no-hit Bouldergeist challenge.

I hated that challenge so much, that and Rolling Gizmo Galaxy.

Cloral
02-08-2010, 01:00 AM
It's funny, my co-worker hated the rolling gizmo galaxy so much. He said it took him like 17 tries to finally get through. I, on the other hand, got it my second try. For whatever reason it just wasn't that hard for me. The two hardest for me were the purple coins on toy time and the 1-hit challenge on melty molten. I think the purple coins took at least 10 tries for me to get.

vegeta1215
02-08-2010, 10:59 AM
"Luigi's Purple Coins" took me a few tries to get when I was playing as Mario. But strangely enough, I got it on my first try with Luigi, even though he is a little harder to control.

It's a bummer the bonus level with the 121st star doesn't have much to it, but it is a nice way to finish off the game.

Yapollo
02-08-2010, 06:48 PM
"Luigi's Purple Coins" took me a few tries to get when I was playing as Mario. But strangely enough, I got it on my first try with Luigi, even though he is a little harder to control.

It's a bummer the bonus level with the 121st star doesn't have much to it, but it is a nice way to finish off the game.

Wow, I beat "Luigi's Purple Coins" as Luigi in one shot too (maybe the level name is a hint that Luigi is key)

I thought Grand Finale Galaxy was good too, except for the Toad captain and the star bunnies (anyone who has played that level will probably understand).

Dell297
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
I hope that one of those eight isn't the purple coin star on the toy galaxy. That one is a bitch to get

that was my 111th star. It took me 40 tries or so. Darn platforms.

Got that one on around my 5th try. First form is a walk in the park, its the second form that game me the trouble.:p