PDA

View Full Version : Update

Brasel
12-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm going to post an update for y'all even though I'm not doing exciting things in the desert anymore.

I bought a house, quit my job due to some extreme issues with my boss without having another job to fall back on, got several interviews and took a good job a week after I put in my two weeks, moved into said house, and got a dog. Thats it in a nutshell.

The house was built in the 20's, but it had been completely renovated. I got a good deal on it, and I've got over 2000 square feet. I'm happy with it, but I have no furniture to speak of. It's pretty empty right now.

I quit my job because my boss was a bitch. It wasn't a great reason to quit, but I'm going back to school next semester, which the VA is going to pay for, and got a job that will work around my school schedule. VA is going to pay tuition and $1500 a month for living expenses if I go full time. I've registered for classes and I'll be going for a degree in Computer Science. After I put in my two weeks at the end of last month, my phone has been ringing off the hook with IT positions. I'm still getting calls even after taking the new job.

I'll post pictures a bit later of the dog and the house.

biggiy05
12-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Good to hear you're doing alright. Congratulations once again on the house. I can't wait to see a picture of the house and the dog.

Icey
12-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Awesome dude. Very happy for you. Also looking forward to the pics!

Prrkitty
12-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Congrats hon... sounds like a wonderful time to celebrate. Since ya don't have much furniture... sounds like you'll easily find a place to put a Christmas Tree ;) <hug>

Brasel
12-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Our House. We need to replace the front porch's roof.
High ceilings...We painted this room this color.
Its the Duchess. She's 4 and a half. We adopted her from the humane society. Her previous owner died and the rest of the family didn't want her. I don't know why, she's a great dog, if a little anxious about being alone.
Duchess again.
This is the upstairs room you can see from the picture.

vegeta1215
12-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Sounds really great Anthony. Also, your dog looks like a very nice dog.

(also, sweet Jayne avatar! ;))