PDA

View Full Version : Some ideas.

Anthus
12-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I've been thinking of making some sort of "speed run" quest. I know it has been done before, but this one would be built specifically for speed running. As in, it would be mostly linear. Bear with me. I was thinking of having it have an overworld segment, then a dungeon, then another overworld segment, then another dungeon etc etc.

There might also be "warp zones" hidden. Each OW section would have X number of HPC's hidden, and the boss would give you the dungeon treasure, and you could continue to the next area when you were ready, but once you advanced, you could not return. I dunno about warp zones though, since you'd be missing out on items, but these could just be given to you, or something, I dunno. After all warp zones are meant to be cheap, and quick.

I was also thinking of exporting, and importing the completed dungeons from Zelda TD, and using them since, we all know I'll never really finish that thing anyway. It's impossible to take it seriously anymore. I figure I won't let the good portions go to waste though.

So, what do you think?

DarkFlameWolf
12-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Sounds awesome, go ahead with it. I'll be anxious and anticipating what you'll come up with.

Anthus
12-24-2009, 01:45 AM
If I do decide to do this, I'll need to decide between the Sun Tower tile set, or the Revenge tile set. Both are simple enough, and generally underused. I may even use my variation of the Sun Tower set I started working on about a year ago. As much as I like Pure, and DoR, I do get sick of seeing everyone and their mothers use them. I'll have about a week on a Windows XP machine that runs ZC smoothly after Jan 2, so I'll see what I can do.

Hopefully, no one gets there hopes up too high, but I will try. As it stands there would be six dungeons, seven over world segments, and a final area. There'd be two items per dungeon; one required, and one optional. As for HCPs, I haven't gotten that figured out yet, but it's most likely going to have four/ six per area.

DarkFlameWolf
12-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, I'd be more than happy to help you in any way I can short of doing the work for you. So if you ever need assistance, just let me know!