PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man 10

KJAZZ
12-10-2009, 05:44 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5130/np250dlmega.jpg (Nintendo Power Scan)

Oh god, and I haven't even finished 9 yet.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I am freaking excited. I'm thinking they will do something really special for the double digit celebration.

9 was sick...brought back such good memories...hoping for more of that.

CastChaos
12-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I checked it at the MM YouTube channel and it's posted there, too. If it's real, then this is the game hit of the decade. Be real, be real, please be real.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-10-2009, 07:12 PM
I checked it at the MM YouTube channel and it's posted there, too. If it's real, then this is the game hit of the decade. Be real, be real, please be real.

Not sure what would make you think it's not real...but for the record, it is.

Anthus
12-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Gotta love the "Unofficial North American Box Art".

srsly. (http://www.flishfun.com/images/blog/megaman2box.jpg)

Flash Man
12-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Gotta love the "Unofficial North American Box Art".

srsly. (http://www.flishfun.com/images/blog/megaman2box.jpg)

I am pretty confident that the box art you found is actually that of the PAL release.

I as well still have yet to complete Mega Man 9, but I believe that I got most of the way through it. I will definitely be interested in this when it is released.

Cloral
12-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Sheep Man? SHEEP MAN?

For Christ's sake Capcom, you can do better than that.

...that said, I'm sure this will still be a day 1 purchase for me.

King Aquamentus
12-11-2009, 08:49 PM
It *is* the PAL boxart. the North American art features a guy in rubber boots/gloves and a spandex suit, wearing a bike helmet and shooting a phaser pistol at a guy vaguely dressed as Quick man. Also, Dr. Light appears to be the villain.

Nicholas Steel
12-12-2009, 02:10 AM
OP needs more page scans!

MottZilla
12-12-2009, 04:28 PM
What do you mean? As I've heard the preview was only one page.

Sheep Man sounds bad ass. Any game where there is a boss called Sheep Man has to be one of the coolest games ever. I'll be getting MM10 assuming it comes out on 360 or PS3. Don't have the Wii. Really I don't see why MM9 and MM10 were never put out on PSP or PS2 as well. I'd love it if there was a actual retail medium for the game and not DL only.

Nicholas Steel
12-12-2009, 11:40 PM
So either the article guy fucked up and didn't fit his whole article on the one page or there is 2 pages, the last sentence doesn't end...

Thunderbird
12-13-2009, 02:49 AM
What do you mean? As I've heard the preview was only one page.

Sheep Man sounds bad ass. Any game where there is a boss called Sheep Man has to be one of the coolest games ever. I'll be getting MM10 assuming it comes out on 360 or PS3. Don't have the Wii. Really I don't see why MM9 and MM10 were never put out on PSP or PS2 as well. I'd love it if there was a actual retail medium for the game and not DL only.

Considering that Capcom initially only announced MM9 for the Wii, and then later revealed 360 and PS3 versions, I suspect the same will occur here. I do find it odd that no PSP version ever appeared, but the PS2 doesn't have a place to put downloads (since the hard drive add-on essentially failed here in the US), nor does it have an online store. And I can't see this game doing well in a retail setting.

erm2003
12-13-2009, 12:19 PM
The only thing that would result by putting MM10 in the stores will be a higher price for the consumer. The download will avoid packaging and shipping costs. I like how they are releasing these games and I can't wait for this one to come out. If it ends up being anything like MM9 then it will be worth every penny.

Cloral
12-13-2009, 08:59 PM
You hit it right on the nose. Making the title download-only, as well as making the graphics retro, allowed them to make the game cheaply enough for it to be viable in today's market. Otherwise it would've never been made.

Thunderbird
12-21-2009, 12:26 AM
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but Capcom announced MM10 for all three systems on I think Friday?

Anthus
12-21-2009, 09:28 PM
I think it'd be cool if they'd do something new with the graphics. I'm thinking along the lines of Maverick Hunter X, or Mega Man Powered-Up. The NES gimmick was cool at first, but now, it seems like they might be just trying to cash in quick on the same old idea. There is a difference between retro-nostalgia, and just plain unoriginal. But hey, I'll probably still play it eventually.

In before shut your fucking mouth, blasphemer.

pkmnfrk
12-21-2009, 10:14 PM
I think it'd be cool if they'd do something new with the graphics. I'm thinking along the lines of Maverick Hunter X, or Mega Man Powered-Up. The NES gimmick was cool at first, but now, it seems like they might be just trying to cash in quick on the same old idea. There is a difference between retro-nostalgia, and just plain unoriginal. But hey, I'll probably still play it eventually.

In before shut your fucking mouth, blasphemer.

Um. This is Capcom we're talking about. (http://taleotc.com/214)

Anthus
12-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Um. This is Capcom we're talking about. (http://taleotc.com/214)

haha. That's pretty good.