PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 dead...not that great

biggiy05
12-10-2009, 11:08 AM
I finally picked up Left 4 dead and started playing last night. It wasn't as a good as I was expecting. I'm also playing solo since I can't connect to Xbox live right now. Is it the same online as it is off? A crowd of zombies come at you, shower them with bullets or fire, rinse and repeat or does it pick up?

Cloral
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I think the whole point of the game is to play it with other people. I'd hold off judgment until you've done that.

biggiy05
12-10-2009, 11:41 PM
I think the whole point of the game is to play it with other people. I'd hold off judgment until you've done that.

Is it the same repetitive gameplay during each campaign? It just seems like all you do is shoot waves of zombies.

MottZilla
12-11-2009, 03:58 PM
Yup, that's pretty much it except that there are some special enemys, not just regular zombies. Like the Witch, Smokers, Boomers, maybe some others. The game is really about playing with friends and using team work to survive each level. If you are playing on your own it's a very uninspired game. With a friend or better yet a full party the game can be some good fun though.

Maverick_Zero
12-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah if you're looking for a story you won't find one. Puzzles, nope. I think of it like the old Rampage games, repetitive and hard by yourself but with a partner it can be lotsa fun.