PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for my absence...

Prrkitty
12-09-2009, 03:53 PM
<hugs y'all> Sorry I've been absent from our li'l sandbox. Real life needed my attention ... and some things needed to be put on a "back burner"... for a bit. Hopefully now... I can get back to my usual proclivities...

... yes I am ok ... :)
<hug>

Brasel
12-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Good to know you're okay. Hope everything is going well and that the issues were happier ones.

ShadowTiger
12-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Ah; Very best of wishes to you and the family, and to real life as well. I hope everything ends up swimmingly and candy coated for your efforts. :) Welcome back, m'lady. ^-^

Prrkitty
12-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Booda... our Pacific Parrotlet... has liver disease. We've known it for about a year or so now. Recently we've had to go back and forth to the vet ... so they can do blood work to check his liver bile enzymes to make sure we've got the dosage for the Milk Thistle right. The Milk Thistle is the only medication/supplement to help liver disease in a bird. It's a "hard row to hoe" to get the dosage just right... right along with the disease progressing as we figure out the dosage that will work - for him.

Thankfully he's just as "pissy" as he's always been... and he's not loosing weight. He still talks to us... "Booda baby", "Turkey Bird (took me about six months to teach him that), "What's up?", "Whatcha doin"... OH... and "Gimme a kiss"... and a few others. Doc doesn't think he's in any pain but maybe just a bit of discomfort. We know as he gets older (he hatched in 2004 .. and their life expectancy is around 20-25 years - we got him when he was 6 months old) the liver *will* get worse and deteriorate. Doc and I have an agreement... he'll let me know when "it's time".

Parrotlets are also known as Pocket Parrots and are no bigger than a Parakeet... only just a little chestier... like a line backer for the Parakeet foot ball team.