PDA

View Full Version : Dear Santa...,

Mercy
12-08-2009, 02:52 PM
What are you hoping to get for the holidays this year? All I want is a new PC but alas, money is tight this year. Since I am the practical sort, I will be happy with getting our washer and dryer from storage and hooked up. Not exactly the sort of present most people would rave about but again, I lean towards practicality. Not having to feed quarters into the machines at the launderette would be the gift that keeps on giving.

Since the space under my tree shall be bare this year, actually there's not even a tree this year--the cats would destroy it, I want to read what others are hoping for or expecting this year.

Please, no religious debates in this thread...even many non-christians give out holiday presents.

-m

Shadowblazer
12-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Droid.

Icey
12-08-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm getting a PS3 =) And some games. Looking forward to both!

moocow
12-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I only asked for one thing and I guarantee I won't get it. AJ Hawk Green Bay jersey. Not worried about it though, I don't care about getting presents. I like buying gifts for people, and I'm having a hard time doing that this year...

gdorf
12-08-2009, 09:26 PM
2 books:

Full Moon and 100 Suns by Michael Light

Chris Miller
12-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm getting a kick-ass new steering wheel for my truck

biggiy05
12-09-2009, 03:54 PM
actually there's not even a tree this year--the cats would destroy it, I want to read what others are hoping for or expecting this year.

-m

I'm having that very problem with our cats. My dog for some reason has an obsession with trying to lay behind the tree. She thinks she is smaller than she really is.

As for gifts. My girlfriend bought me Call of Duty 3, 4 and an env3. I didn't get my 360 until this past June so I'm playing catch up. I also bought some new shirts that went on her Kohl's card. Turns out those are also presents. I signed up for a Secret Santa on a reptile forum I post on. I'll be getting someone something from their Christmas list. Money is tight so it will be something I can afford but hey it's the thought that counts. I did buy my mom a wii though.

Daarkseid
12-10-2009, 04:44 AM
I don't want anything for Christmas and I'm actually wishing Christmas was not happening.

Brasel
12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
I got what I wanted already. We just bought a house and adopted a dog. I'm good for this year.

biggiy05
12-10-2009, 01:24 PM
What type of dog?

ShadowTiger
12-10-2009, 02:25 PM
I don't really want much, to be honest. Chanukah, my birthday, (Occurs on the last day of Chanukah. This (http://bash.org/?456629) may occur. :p ) and Christmas, which I don't celebrate, but go to a movie on, all occur this month. It's a bit much, really.

I have to search high and low for the Warcraft novels. I have most of them already, since they're not in any libraries. I'm getting two or three more of the books. Then I'm looking for a new Hard Drive. I had seven gigabytes out of 232 free at the beginning of this month. I cleared out about fifty, but still. Wow.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Already got everything I wanted. :)

Blu Ray surround sound system for my bedroom. (Which is ultimately the den of my home.)

Sick new laptop with HDMI output for pirating Blu Ray movies.

And I upgraded my external hard drive from 1 TB to 2 TBs, which aside from typical backups and extra storage is used to stream pirated ISOs of Wii games. :)

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to spending some time with my girlfriend.