PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia

Cloral
12-08-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm borrowing this from one of my co-workers who is currently borrowing Scribblenauts from me. It seems like if they got rid of the combat and the tedious light seed collection they might have had a relatively fun game. As it is, those elements really are bogging it down. It's like they realized that the game was too short, so they made it so you'd have to play through the same levels 2-3 times to get the stupid light seeds.

Icey
12-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Are you talking about the one for PS3? I've played Sands of Time and The Two Thrones and really enjoyed those, was hoping the PS3 version would be good also. Shame about the combat.

Darth Marsden
12-09-2009, 02:37 AM
Are you talking about the one for PS3?That's the only one with light seeds, so yeah, that's the one he means.

I played this a while back. It's an enjoyable enough game, but really pales in comparison to the Sands of Time series (not a trilogy anymore, they're making another one). The platforming, while gorgeously animated, seems very by-the-numbers, and the combat is a bit of a mess. But it's fun in its own way.

Make sure you get the Epilogue DLC, it adds a fair chunk of extra gameplay onto the end of the game.