PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes?

Pryex
12-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi I'm just wondering if cutscenes are possible with ZQE?

I'm using v2.5, build 142, that was what the download said.

if they are, can any body link me to a tut?

Anthus
12-08-2009, 12:19 PM
By "ZQE" I'm guessing you mean the editor? We just call it "ZC" around here, generally, or "ZQ" to differentiate if it is referred to with "ZC" being the player, and name of the program.

As for cut scenes, it is a pretty broad topic. There are lots of ways of doing it, but there is no "cut scene maker" if that is what you're asking. Older, and simpler methods include drawing a screen, and using "timed warps" to go from scene to scene, usually with Link being made invisible, and instead placed on the screen as a tile. With scripting however, a wide range of other things can be done, but scripting is best treated as another topic. I'd learn the basics first, then go from there.

If you are new to ZC, I's recommend starting with an earlier version, such as 2.10. Since the newer betas, though more robust in features are betas, and are prone to crashing, and bugs. This might put off a newbie to the program.

As for a tutorial, there is a thread with links in one of these forums. I'd link to it, but to be frank I'm in a hurry. Hope I helped answer your questions.

EDIT: As for using betas, I'd always use the newest one, as it has the most bug fixes (generally). There are a LOT of changes from build 142, to 1110. (If you don't have the link already, you can see new betas/ changes here: http://www.shardstorm.com/)

Pryex
12-08-2009, 02:49 PM
I've used ZC enough to know what I'm doing whilst makiing a quest, just cutscenes and custom bosses are what I'm worried about for now. Also perhaps that fairy script?

But yeah, I've updated to 1110.