PDA

View Full Version : New Walking Enemy attributes and Defenses

_L_
12-05-2009, 03:00 AM
If you haven't read the changelog all that closely, know that you can now customise your enemies a little bit more now. Here are the specifications:

http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Walking_Enemy

http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Enemy_Editor#Defenses

You may notice that a few features are reminiscent of aspects of some boss types. '3 Shots', '5 Shots' and '3 (Fast)' are all attacks used by the BS Aquamentus, and 'Block if < 4' and 'Block if < 8' are reminiscent of the L2 and L3 Gohmas. These are relics of my original plan for the Enemy Editor revisions, which was a bit larger in scope.

Pteryx
12-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Dear Santa,

Thank you very very much for the really really great present! I'll love it forever and ever. This is the bestest Christmas ever! :)

Luv, Pteryx

-----

In all seriousness, though, I can think of two Defenses to implement aside from these:

* Damages Link (X hearts) -- Hitting the enemy with this type of lweapon doesn't damage it, but instead deals the amount of damage on the flag to Link. Think those green electrified walking things in LttP.
* Splits -- When this type of lweapon hits the enemy, it turns into a specified number of a different kind of enemy. Think Magic Powder vs. those same electrified walking things, or the whistle vs. Digdogger.

Hope that helps. -- Pteryx

pkmnfrk
12-05-2009, 05:27 AM
:O

I just looked at the new options... custom weapon defenses?! Custom eweapon options?!!? Death settings??!!!

Someone, quickly, I need a crazy custom boss to make!

pkmnfrk
12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
2x DOUBLE POST COMBO

If I set an enemy to, say, only be damaged by arrows, and then make it shielded in all but the front, and an arrow to the back hurts the enemy, is this

1. a bug?
2. a misunderstanding of how shields work, or
3. this:

* Fixed the bug where various assorted projectiles ignored Walking Enemies' shields.

I'm going to assume 3.

HeroOfFire
12-09-2009, 01:35 AM
Glad to see the "beta" enemies getting added at last (the Magic Pols Voice for example). Out of curiosity, can we expect any of the following in the near future?

NPC_DARKNUT4 - From my understanding, a Darknut with a mirror shield. Reflective Shields flag maybe?

NPC_GRAPBUGHP, NPC_GRAPBUGMP - So, are these Telekites that eat life and magic? Or just simply walking enemies?

NPC_POLSVOICEBS - Enemies weak to the whistle besides Digdogger?

Also, what makes the Ghini 1 not qualify as a walking enemy? It seems to move like one, yet is labeled as its own type.

Finally, can we expect more enemy type groupings with advanced options in the near future? No rush of course, there are also bugs to fix.

sps999
12-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Well, this is very nice, but one thing bothers me. Even though I'd hate to be the one making suggestions, I find that Eat (Items), Eat (Rupees), and Eat (Magic) are all pretty good to most questing needs, but why is there not Eat (Life)? I mean like how a Re-Dead would work, climbing on you and munching on you, slowly tking your health. It would just make sense to have it.

pkmnfrk
12-10-2009, 07:07 AM
Also, what makes the Ghini 1 not qualify as a walking enemy? It seems to move like one, yet is labeled as its own type.

I think it's just a symmetry thing. The Phantom Ghini 1s do not move like any other walking enemy. Although, I suppose it could be rolled in as well...