PDA

View Full Version : Help with Side-Scrolling

Santano64neo
12-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Okay, I've noticed a few things when playing quests I've made compared with quests other people have made. Mainly the fact that other quests (such as the Hero of Dreams and Link to the Heavens) are able to use side-warps to take them to a new map (an actual new map, not talking about a new Dmap). But when I try to do that, Link comes to an invisible barrier that prevents him from walking through and activating the warp. I want to fully use a map to create areas so when the player looks at their in-game map, they don't just see a white space.

Any ideas on how I can do this? The only thing I can think of would be to use invisible tile warps and triggers, and set the tile warps to scrolling warp.

By the way, I'm using version 2.10

Pineconn
12-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Hrmm... I'm not quite understanding what you mean. If you could note a specific place in LttH that you noticed this, I'd be able (and glad) to help you fully.

CaRmAgE
12-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I might be able to help with your problem if I knew what Dmap type you're trying to warp from.

Santano64neo
12-10-2009, 06:18 PM
@Pineconn: An example of an area where it warps to an entirely different map would be like the entrances to Narajo Forest. Notice that Link is on the edge of the minimap, yet he can still pass through to the next area without being blocked by an invisible wall.

@CaRmAgE: I'm trying to warp between Overworld maps

pkmnfrk
12-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Make sure you set the side warp to something other than "Item Room/Cave" or whatever it says.

Santano64neo
12-11-2009, 04:27 AM
The side warp is set to "Scrolling Warp". I have a problem with the warp because at the edge of an actual map, Link is prevented from going any further. Yet in some games I've played Link is able to move onto an entirely new map at the edge of a map.

e.g. Link to the Heavens: Link is able to move between North and South Hyrule Field. On the minimap and overworld map I see that Link is at the edge of the map.

The Hero of Dreams: Link is able to move between Autumn Town and Hyrule Field. According to the overworld map, Link has reached the edge of the actual map for both areas.

Link to Tortuga(SP?): Link is able to move between Shanghai Shipyard and the Mountain View. According to the minimap those are on the edges of two separate maps.