PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Game Recommendations?

Icey
12-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Following up on my now non-existant Wii game recommendations thread, I thought I'd make one for PS3. I'm getting one for Christmas (! :)) so, what are the best games you've played?

I'm asking for:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Rock Band 2
Uncharted 2

and am thinking of eventually getting

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Assassin's Creed 2
FFXIII
FF Versus XIII

Did I miss anything?

Aliem
12-02-2009, 02:36 AM
LittleBig Planet is ok, if you're into platformers. If you haven't got then for PS2, you could also think about getting God of War 1 and 2 when it's released on PS3, along with GoW 3.

Cloral
12-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you have a 360? Wondering whether I should recommend any cross-platform games.

Ratchet & Clank is supposed to be pretty good.

Icey
12-02-2009, 05:32 PM
No 360, so go ahead and recommend cross-platform games if you got em

Mercy
12-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Fallout 3. Borderlands, although I have only played the PC version.

-m.

MottZilla
12-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Resident Evil 5 is a great game to check out. A new "Gold" Edition is coming in March of next year I think so you might check that out when it's released. If you're into GTA there is ofcourse GTA4. There is also Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter IV, Lost Planet, Bionic Commando, and I think some others Capcom put out that you might want to check out. Of all the games I've mentioned I would recommend Resident Evil 5 most, especially if you liked Resident Evil 4 on GameCube/Wii.

Fallout 3 and Borderlands are also excellent games but they were already mentioned. I really enjoyed Borderlands and Fallout 3 alot and they are worth checking out atleast to get a taste of them and see if you like them.

Mercy
12-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I also wanted to add Saint's Row 2. It's not as deep in the storyline as GTA4, which I also should have mentioned as a great choice, but I enjoyed Saint's Row 2 a lot for being able to jump in and out on the fly for a little casual fast driving and mayhem without the pressure to devote hours of playtime that I get from GTA4. But GTA4 is the better game over all, in my opinion.

There will be a new Fallout, Fallout: New Vegas, coming in June.

-m

Brasel
12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Heavenly Sword was a lot of fun, though a bit short. Ghostbusters was fun as well.

Master Ghaleon
12-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Get COD Modern Warfare 2. It is a great game if you like multiplayer games

Hubert19
12-11-2009, 07:10 AM
I just sold my Wii and will be picking up a PS3.

I typically play strategy PC games and I've enjoyed most of the top titles on the Wii. I don't care much for fighters and worry of an addiction to FPS titles.

I've had my eye on LittleBigPlanet for instance. Any other recommendations?