PDA

View Full Version : glZelda

bunjee
11-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Greetings,

Two years ago I posted about a little project I had.

This was mostly a tech demo, demonstrating how could Zelda3 run using modern GPUs.
You can find details and get it here :
http://92.243.3.104/blog/?page_id=3

Having spent myself glorious hours on the GameBoy version of Zelda a Link to the past, I suspected people would warmly welcome it.

Surprisingly a lot of people tried it, a lot of people asked for the code, some people proposed their work. I wasn't ready for all this back then. It was a tech demo.

We're in 2009 now, I feel this project is incomplete.

I have two questions for you:
Are you interested in a Zelda 3 Classic ?
Would you contribute to such project ?

Benjamin Arnaud.

Yapollo
12-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Amazing! You know to be honest I was just earlier today thinking "It would be great if we had a means of creating games more like LTTP."

Am I interested in Zelda 3 Classic? Yes, I bid you and your and your fellow programmers congragulations on starting an ambitious project that could along with ZQuest could enhance everyone's Zelda's experience. Sadly, my programming knowledge is pretty much nul, though I will attempt to learn code. If I learn to code with any skill what-so-ever, I would gladly help such a project.

Keep up the good work!

broxen
12-24-2009, 08:11 PM
I agree with Yapollo, you should continue work on it. It looks great so far though!

I like that the world is seamless, but I also think it would be nice to have "classic" style cameras as an option, single screen and quad-screen, ie: zelda 1 and 3.
Also, supporting SVG tiles would be nice, so you can scale without degradation.

Obviously this was a tech demo, so I'm sure that many features are planned... but it really looks like a solid foundation to build upon.

MasterPhW
01-17-2010, 06:09 PM
It would be great to see that evolving in something like a Zelda 3 classic. Hope you will keep us informed in the new year about this great idea for an project.

DarkFlameWolf
01-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Looks nice, but it runs a little flat and slow paced. But it is a tech demo after all. If you can refine it down to play almost like LTTP, you got something gold here.