PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods needs to work on his short drives

AtmaWeapon
11-29-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm not going to bother with a link to a news site; there's a million of them with information. Here's the facts and speculation I have:

Facts:

Around 2:30 AM Friday morning Woods was involved in a single-car accident. He hit a fire hydrant and a tree.
The 911 caller reported that Tiger was on the ground in front of the car.
His wife reports she had to use a golf club to smash out the rear window of the Escalade in order to extract him.
The police are labeling this as a traffic accident, which means Woods is not legally required to submit to questioning.
The police have reported that alcohol was not involved in the accident.
The police have tried to question Woods but he has been "unavailable" twice.
Woods has a legendary need for privacy. His yacht is named "Privacy". He's fired several people who have released information he considers private. He's won three lawsuits against people who used his image without permission, including the maker of his yacht (they reported that they had built it which is obviously a serious infringement.)
The only public statement that has been made says little more than "I got in an accident. There's lots of rumors and they're false. Stop being nosy."

Unclear:
This is stuff I've read on news sites but is either changing frequently or not founded on sound enough evidence for me to consider it a fact:
Some sources say the reports that were filed to the local police and the Florida Highway Patrol are different. They did not say what "different" means so it could mean anything between "signed by a different officer" and "one involves a plot by the reptilians to overtake the world."
The National Enquirer recently ran an article that says Woods has been having an affair. It was apparently legit enough that the AP attempted to question the woman he was supposedly seeing.
Supposedly there were no traces of blood on the dashboard or the steering wheel, which implies that any facial lacerations happened outside the vehicle. Maybe they happened during extraction?
Some sources say he was admitted "in serious condition" to the hospital. Many are reporting that's the default status that is reported until a patient is seen by a doctor.
Woods' public statement can be interpreted as "characteristic of a man who wants privacy" or "guarding some secret".

Speculation:
These are the things I have questions about that I can't find any answers to. Either it's not discussed on news sites or there's no satisfactory information.

Where was Woods going at 2:30 AM? His public statement could say pretty much anything and I'd believe it. "I wanted a slurpee"; "I saw a commercial for gorditas and wanted fourthmeal"; etc.
Where's the tree and hydrant in relation to the driveway? What's the topography of the driveway? I have a few configurations in my head that would make any kind of momentary distraction in the dark an easy accident. Maybe Google Maps could help me.
Why a golf club to smash out the window? Wouldn't the keys be more handy/save? If his wife were outside swinging a golf club at the car, I could see why it was more handy, but if she was asleep in bed it seems like I'd think "Oh I'll get the keys and get him out" before "I will smash windows".
Why smash the rear window to extract a person from the front of the vehicle?
How wasted was that 911 caller? (My guess: smashed!)
Why did Woods stay silent for so long? This let the rumor mills turn and at this point the gossip is worse than if he'd said "I was trying to run over an orphaned child but then I saw a litter of kittens and swerved to hit them."
Why avoid police questioning? Sure, he's not legally obligated, but if it didn't seem like he was avoiding the police his credibility would be higher.

<speculation>
The gossip-rich version of the story is that Woods had a heated argument with his wife concerning the affair. She caused the facial lacerations, and he fled the house. She followed the vehicle, golf club in hand, and hit it several times. This caused Woods to get distracted, lose control, and have the accident.
</speculation>

It looks like this is a case where wanting privacy too badly makes things worse. As I pointed out in the speculation parts, if Woods had said something to the effect of "I was going to get some Miller at the curb store and Bob Dylan was on the radio. I HATE Bob Dylan. So I was fiddling with the knob and I hit a pothole I forgot about; this caused the wheel to turn and the next thing I know I'm on a stretcher." I'd believe it. Instead, "No comment, get your nose out of my business." He has every right to make this response, but you'd think celebrities would get by now that "no comment" looks horrible in the public's eye. Honestly I feel like once police get involved the details are a public matter; taxpayer dollars were spent to assess the damage and file the reports; I feel like we should get the whole thing as disappointing as it is.

So what's more important, the facts being known or Woods' right to privacy? What do you guys think about the whole situation?

SUCCESSOR
12-01-2009, 12:18 AM
You have way too much time on your hands

Pineconn
12-02-2009, 06:52 PM
I've been sort of following this. All I can say is that I better not have to lose respect for Tiger Woods.

Mercy
12-04-2009, 08:55 PM
What's the difference between a golf ball and an suv?
Tiger can drive a golf ball 40 meters without hitting anything.

-m.

Icey
12-05-2009, 01:18 AM
How do I give positive rep on the new forums? Mercy's latest post definitely deserves some...

Mercy
12-05-2009, 01:25 AM
Why did Tiger Woods hit a tree and a hydrant?
He could not choose between a wood and an iron.

-m.

Pineconn
12-05-2009, 01:44 AM
How do I give positive rep on the new forums? Mercy's latest post definitely deserves some...

You have to click on that star/asterisk on the bottom-left of a post. It still completely sucks, so try clicking on it a few times, or scrolling up and down between clicks.

Shazza Dani
12-05-2009, 01:46 AM
Right-click on the star and open it in a new tab.

Pineconn
12-05-2009, 01:50 AM
.............That's so much smarter.

SUCCESSOR
12-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Tiger was secretly having an affair for 3 years?!

............ He does have talent!