PDA

View Full Version : Gates Hails Soldier Snapped in Pink Boxer Shorts

Prrkitty
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,521138,00.html

We need more soldiers like this guy <lol> Talk about guts AND glory <giggle> Fight and help support your post... no matter what!! :)

ShadowTiger
05-22-2009, 09:54 PM
This is why I don't care about attire that much. If you can do a truly amazing job with speed and efficiency, you have to be pretty uptight to care about the clothing you're wearing while you're doing it.

Shazza Dani
05-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Camouflage is a different story, ST. It's not a matter of vanity.

biggiy05
05-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Camouflage is a different story, ST. It's not a matter of vanity.

This.

Aliem
05-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Huh. So going into battle whilst wearing boxers and a bright red shirt is now an innovative method of psychological warfare. I'm not exactly sure that's how I'd define it...

Prrkitty
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Huh. So going into battle whilst wearing boxers and a bright red shirt is now an innovative method of psychological warfare. I'm not exactly sure that's how I'd define it...

Well think about it for a moment. As you look around you (from the terrorists viewpoint) ALL you see is camouflage attire... EXCEPT for this one li'l fella over in this one spot ... in red heart boxer shorts (whether you can see his feet or not). AND he's shooting at you...

Might his attire have you just a LITTLE concerned?

Beldaran
05-23-2009, 12:47 AM
It's not like he decided to go out in his underwear. He was about to go to bed when they came under attack, and he ran outside and started shooting back.

He's a badass.

Shazza Dani
05-23-2009, 01:00 AM
"Badass" is stretching it a bit. He didn't do anything special, did he?

Beldaran
05-23-2009, 02:48 AM
"Badass" is stretching it a bit. He didn't do anything special, did he?

You don't think armed combat is "something special"? How many times have you been in armed combat?

Shazza Dani
05-23-2009, 03:04 AM
>You don't think armed combat is "something special"?

No.

>How many times have you been in armed combat?

Zero.

Aliem
05-23-2009, 03:21 AM
Well think about it for a moment. As you look around you (from the terrorists viewpoint) ALL you see is camouflage attire... EXCEPT for this one li'l fella over in this one spot ... in red heart boxer shorts (whether you can see his feet or not). AND he's shooting at you...

Might his attire have you just a LITTLE concerned?

No no, it's not what he's wearing that bugs me. It's the idea that Gates called an 'innovation in psychological warfare' that has me a bit confused; I'm not necessarily disagreeing, I'm just a bit confused by that proclamation. The way I see it is if I was in combat, and noticed that, I'd more likely think to myself "hey, easy target" than "Holy shit, that guy is wearing a red shirt! My mind is so totally blown by this method of psychological warfare!" Whatever gets the job done, though, I suppose =]

It's not like he decided to go out in his underwear. He was about to go to bed when they came under attack, and he ran outside and started shooting back.

He's a badass.I somehow missed that entire paragraph. The way I understood it, he was just randomly in a red shirt and boxers. Needless to say, the story makes a lot more sense to me now, and yeah, to respond that quickly to an attack is pretty badass.

Dark Knight
05-23-2009, 03:42 AM
>You don't think armed combat is "something special"?

No.

>How many times have you been in armed combat?

Zero.

Not like they go through months of hard, physical and mental training to learn how to do what they do and do it well, right?

Right?

Shazza Dani
05-23-2009, 04:23 AM
That's completely changing the subject.

Okay, let's assume that armed combat is something admirable… Now, why does going in to combat without changing your clothes make you more "badass" than the other soldiers?

Breaker
05-23-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm just glad there's more men and women like him defending our liberties than you, Shazza.

Shazza Dani
05-23-2009, 05:51 AM
What can I say? I'm a pacifist.

Brasel
05-23-2009, 12:01 PM
He might not get in trouble with Obama or lose his job, but depending on his chain of command at his unit level, he might get into some trouble. My commander in my last unit would have commended him, but others would have questioned why he was even sleeping in that in the first place. By the look of the picture, they were somewhere less than safe, and shouldn't have been sleeping out of uniform. I still commend him for getting his ass out of bed and making contact ASAP. Lesser soldiers would have worried about what they were wearing and changed back into uniforms to keep themselves out of trouble.

*b*
05-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Gray and green hills, soldiers wearing same-colored camouflage, and he's the only one out there dressed in bright red. Probably not the best choice of colors. Still, the idea behind it is fucking awesome

Of course, I'd probably break my neck when running to help. I can't run in flip-flops, especially on rocky terrain, so that only adds to it

Prrkitty
05-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes... he IS a badass! He's fighting for our country. That, in and of itself... makes him one. Even if he doesn't agree with what he's doing... he's helping to protect our rights and freedom.

And I, for one, thank him from the bottom of my heart... oh and the top too :)

Dechipher
05-23-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, the flipflops seem to be the only thing that could be a problem. The red is whatever, probably not the safest thing to wear (red seems to be a good target color) but the flipflops could potentially be dangerous. If he had to run, they might trip him up, or something like that.

Fabiano the Spy
05-23-2009, 05:10 PM
That's completely changing the subject.

Okay, let's assume that armed combat is something admirable… Now, why does going in to combat without changing your clothes make you more "badass" than the other soldiers?

You're really missing the point here. You know how many soldiers would be scared of getting in trouble for not changing back into uniform? What about the amount of people that would be scared of becoming a bigger target that would change? He was wearing -red- in the battlefield.

He didn't, he had the honor for his country and comrades, and regardless of what he was wearing, rushed out in flip flops and a red shirt (dangerous as hell) to help fight. That's very honorable. Against all the dangerous possibilities of what he was wearing, he still rushed out there to be by their side in combat. I don't understand how that isn't badass. I think all those soldiers are badass for risking their lives for us. But that, that's like badass + 10.

Beldaran
05-23-2009, 05:35 PM
What can I say? I'm a pacifist.

Pacifists are worthless pieces of shit that ought to be killed and have their belongings given to real people who matter.

Shazza Dani
05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Bel, are you in the military?

Dechipher
05-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Pacifists are worthless pieces of shit that ought to be killed and have their belongings given to real people who matter.

....really?

Beldaran
05-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Yes really. Pacifists are losers and idiots. They don't deserve to be protected by police, because police use violence to protect them.

All pacifists should be punched and have their belongings stolen and given to people who actually care about life. After all, what are you going to do to me if I punch you and take your stuff? Are you going to stop me? Are you going to call the cops? The cops are just going to violate your morality to protect you.

Pacifism is the most worthless, pathetic, and useless philosophy in the world.

EDIT: By the way, I realize I'm going to get banned for flaming pacifists, so let me say goodbye here. Goodbye. And fuck pacifists.

http://reporting.journalism.ku.edu/fall08/adler-noland/assets_c/2008/12/chuck-norris-002-thumb-400x498.jpg

Dechipher
05-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Yes really. Pacifists are losers and idiots. They don't deserve to be protected by police, because police use violence to protect them.

All pacifists should be punched and have their belongings stolen and given to people who actually care about life. After all, what are you going to do to me if I punch you and take your stuff? Are you going to stop me? Are you going to call the cops? The cops are just going to violate your morality to protect you.

Pacifism is the most worthless, pathetic, and useless philosophy in the world.

EDIT: By the way, I realize I'm going to get banned for flaming pacifists, so let me say goodbye here. Goodbye. And fuck pacifists.

You are one of the most ignorant human beings I have ever met.

Shazza Dani
05-23-2009, 09:06 PM
You avoided my question. But you're not in the military, are you? So you're for war but you don't take part in it. That makes you a worthless piece of shit the same as those who oppose war, doesn't it?

But I guess you're better than me because you can live safely in the knowledge that you would fight, if you weren't too busy…

Go kill yourself, you cowardly, worthless piece of shit. Motherfucking hippie motherfucker. Or go kill some people like a real man!

Fabiano the Spy
05-23-2009, 09:18 PM
You avoided my question. But you're not in the military, are you? So you're for war but you don't take part in it. That makes you a worthless piece of shit the same as those who oppose war, doesn't it?

But I guess you're better than me because you can live safely in the knowledge that you would fight, if you weren't too busy…

Go kill yourself, you cowardly, worthless piece of shit. Motherfucking hippie motherfucker. Or go kill some people like a real man!
Hahahaha. This is getting really out of hand you two. Do your own thing, that's your own problem. Whatever. But..still...

Anyways, I'd kinda like to hear what Obama had to actually say about it. I know the guys job is safe and all, but it'd still be neat to get a quote from him.

Beldaran
05-23-2009, 09:26 PM
You are one of the most ignorant human beings I have ever met.

Big words from a tuba playing drunk from Oklahoma. My feelings are CRUSHED.

Dechipher
05-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Big words from a tuba playing drunk from Oklahoma. My feelings are CRUSHED.

Funny....I don't see you actually refuting anything I've said. Or backing up any of your statements with solid responses.
All I see you doing is lashing out at anyone who disagrees with you or, in this case, anyone who may or may not agree with you about pacifism being somewhat futile, or more accurately, misguided, but hasn't got a chance to elaborate on this due to your ignorant attempts to disparage an entire social group (instead of maturely explaining your views), and also does not play the tuba.

Noun
a person who is drunk or drinks habitually to excess
(source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/drunk )
Once a week (which is less often than I drink) wouldn't even be habitual, so......

Master Ghaleon
05-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Get back on topic people. Discuss in a civil manner. Not a flaming one

Dechipher
05-23-2009, 09:34 PM
So just to clarify, we can talk about pacifism, as long as we are adults about the matter and don't resort to mindless mudslinging or wide generalizations of entire groups of people?