PDA

View Full Version : The new string editor is gay

gray0x
05-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah there are some cool features in it like the different fonts and uh...

But it's glitchy as hell now and extremely inconvenient with the 2nd tab, it's almost work just trying to use basic features. Plus it'll probably take a few hundred builds to fix all the shit that's wrong with it. All that isn't worth some new fonts and it never will be.

Remove it and put the old editor back in.

jman2050
05-19-2009, 08:17 PM
This was completely the wrong way to go about addressing this.

_L_
05-20-2009, 04:40 AM
I think the only deficiency is that the 2x2 frame tile selector was moved to the next tab.
That, and the width/height ought to be selectable by clicking and dragging in the preview pane.
And the SFX box ought to be a dropdown menu. But that's all!

(Apart from, you know, the bug-fixing.)

ShadowTiger
05-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Well, maybe if the grid had a "snap-to" option to the default height/width, or was automatically set to the default common height/width for when you set it to have a frame.

There's no chance to make the whole String Editor box bigger so there wouldn't be a need to fit things on a second tab?

I think what the most people had recommended was a way to create a new string right from editing one string, and to drop any connection your current string had and link it to the new string you made by clicking that button. This way people don't have to make a new string, leave the string editor, find their old string, link it specifically to the new string, and go back to the new string. It'd make it soooo much easier to work with strings.

But the new layout, I think Is pretty awesome. Posts like the first one o'er there shouldn't be discouraging good folks from innovation and creative ways to get things done. :)

Christian
05-22-2009, 10:19 AM
I agree with Jman2025.

The new string editor ROCKS though =)

Good job developers!