PDA

View Full Version : brekkar got a tattoo

Breaker
05-10-2009, 12:01 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/65dgqu.jpg

This is my first and last tattoo. The design is of a serpent eating its own tail, aka Ouroboros (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros). It's still nice and bloody, as I just got home from sitting in a very uncomfortable chair for 2 hours straight watching Nascar of all things while having it done. I'll post more pictures as it starts to clean up.

MasterSwordUltima
05-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Cool stuff. Are you keeping it that one solid color, or will there be more? Pretty neat location for it too.

Breaker
05-10-2009, 12:49 AM
One solid color. It's all finished.

Master Ghaleon
05-10-2009, 01:03 AM
That's cool. I like it

Breaker
05-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Also, watching Nascar for 2 hours was more painful than the tattoo.

Fabiano the Spy
05-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Did you enjoy the nerve bundles that were randomly hit? It looks like you got the same size of a tattoo as I did in the same spot. It didn't hurt that bad for the most part, but every now and then he hit this bundle of nerves that really fucking hurt.

moocow
05-10-2009, 02:21 AM
I like it, Breaker.

The one on the inside of my wrist hurt a lot. The guy doing it wasn't that good, either. He kept digging with the gun (one of the stars is just a big scar), and every time he dug he'd like hit that bone right there. The most painful 20 minutes EVER.

The one on my hip tickled. The whole time. I just laid there and giggled. My foot hurt quite a bit. My tramp stamp wasn't too bad.

But I love all of my tattoos for various reason, sucky or not :)

Archibaldo
05-10-2009, 06:56 AM
That's pretty intricate, it must have cost you a fortune.

Master Ghaleon
05-10-2009, 10:29 AM
Also, watching Nascar for 2 hours was more painful than the tattoo.

Haha :D Only if I got money on a Nascar race is the only time I will watch it. It is too boring for me. Unless there is a big crash.

Link 101
05-10-2009, 05:58 PM
That looks really awesome dude! I love the concept/design a lot, and the location is a good pick as well. What made you decide you wanted to get that?

Modus Ponens
05-11-2009, 01:41 AM
That's snake's all "om nom nom". Oh, and nice tat.

punkonjunk1024
05-11-2009, 02:18 AM
I always thought the Ouroboros was an awesome greek... thing. I guess not really a god. But awesome. Excellent concept. I'm done now. Sweet tattoo. I've always found blackwork more attractive myself. Unless it's tribals... then kill yourself. Er, imho, ofc.

Aliem
05-11-2009, 02:58 AM
That's one of the most interesting Ouroboros' I've seen. I like that a lot.

Breaker
05-11-2009, 10:31 AM
That's one of the most interesting Ouroboros' I've seen. I like that a lot.

Yeah, I always knew I wanted Ouroboros as a tattoo, but I could never find artwork that really popped out at me. The only part that hurt when I was having it done was the head of the serpent on my shoulder.

Pryme8
05-11-2009, 11:23 AM
it felt good though did it not?

looks nice btw!

Link 101
05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah...I bet you any money, even though you SAY it's the last tattoo you'll ever get, you will have this urge in the back of your mind to get another one. Getting tattoos is an addictive process sometimes. I know I love getting them, and can never wait to get another between tattoos.

biggiy05
05-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah...I bet you any money, even though you SAY it's the last tattoo you'll ever get, you will have this urge in the back of your mind to get another one. Getting tattoos is an addictive process sometimes. I know I love getting them, and can never wait to get another between tattoos.

Keyword SOMETIMES. My best friend is getting a tattoo of her dogs paw on her ankle. That's all she wants and it's all she will ever get. Tattoos are hardly addictive.

Link 101
05-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Right, hence why I said sometimes. :rolleyes:

I just know a few guys who love the feeling and the look or whatever, and get tattoos all the time. I more or less like the look more than the feeling, though the feeling is a peculiar one. Not so much pain, in my opinion. But yeah, for SOME people it can become addicting or a highly attractive process, if you don't like addicting.

Pryme8
05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Tattoos are hardly addictive.

says someone who evidently has none.

Fabiano the Spy
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Eh, it all depends on the person. But a lot of the time (not all the time, mind you) people will walk in saying "this is the only tattoo I'm going to get" and somehow, getting one convinces them to get another later down the road.

I even told this to Breaker in IRC a couple of nights ago. I had the same outlook "once I'm done with this, I'm not going to get another". But after I experienced the whole thing, I'm contemplating getting another one when I go in to get my first one touched up.

But it really isn't like that for everybody, so you can't really say it's inevitable..

jerome
05-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I'll say to you what a friend said to me when I got my first one:
"Welcome to your new addiction." ;)

Then again, it's been going on almost 8 years since I got my last one. Not so much by choice though. I'd probably be covered if I could get my friend to actually tattoo me to pay for the vinyl decal work I've done for him at his shop over the years. Damn slacker...

Great tattoo by the way. Did you just like the design, or one of the several meanings? Just wondering.

Archibaldo
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
says someone who evidently has none.

Actually Biggy has a pretty sweet tattoo across his back.

All this talk about tattoos has reminded me of "Dude, wheres my car?"

"Dude, you got a tattoo!"
"You too!"
"Sweet, what does it say?"
"Dude! What does mine say?"
"Sweet, what does mine say?"
"Dude, what does mine say?"
"SWEET! What does mine say?"
"DUDE! What does mine say?"
"SWEET! WHAT DOES MINE SAY?"
"DUDE! WHAT DOES MINE SAY?"

ska_em
11-09-2010, 05:56 AM
oh man... I can not believe ... I have the same tattoo in the same place, but in the opposite shoulder,,, seeing the thumbnail image on google I thought it was my shoulder

ska_em
11-09-2010, 05:59 AM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/128/26083139115286161213158.jpg

MasterSwordUltima
11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Pretty rad necropost, random new person.

Something more relevant; I just got a tattoo this past sunday, on my left shoulder. The alchemic Seal of Pleiades, and this coming sunday I'll be getting the alchemic Seal of Alphecca on my right shoulder. Since my ancestors were known to be mostly alchemists and later chemists, I find it fitting.

ska_em
11-09-2010, 04:24 PM
what I found strange is that this tattoo he had never seen. Just found the model, when my tattoo maker (sorry, I speak Spanish) project drawing on my shoulder, I dje:
_No, I want it in another position.

Same position as the creator of this thread.

I'm surprised to find someone across the globe that has the same tattoo

I live in Argentina

Beldaran
11-09-2010, 11:51 PM
Yo puedo hablar un poco espanol. Bienvenidos a este forum. Este forum es muy muerto.

Mercy
11-10-2010, 12:13 AM
Este muerto esta muy vivo. Welcome, and never mind Beldaran, el es un poco irritable. And that about sums up my Spanish unless we start talking food.

Was there something special about the design of the tattoo that interested you? I like the stories behind tattoos.

-m.

SUCCESSOR
11-10-2010, 01:09 AM
That's awesome. I've been thinking about getting a tattoo. Actually I have been for like 4 years but could never think of anything I'd really want permanently on my skin till recently. I decided on something like this.

https://natural-tribal-designs.com/images/tn_lge.ourborous%20pentagram%20silver%20pendant.jp g

But I have had neither the funds nor will power to get it. I love Ouroboros.